Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 End game? PVE?

Hi guys I have been playing wow since launch. Recently decided to try other MMOS. Got SWTOR on release actually, never really played it until recently. Than i researched Guild Wars 2 and it seems pretty cool. Now I am a guy who really likes PVE end game. I really am not too focused on PVP as much. Especially in WoW.I just need a new MMO to play. I have tired researching online, and I cant fine a definitive answer. How is the PVE end game at level 80 in Guild Wars 2, I know its a completely different MMO stly than SWTOR or WoW, its really interesting how it works. I am just curious how the end game PVE compares to SWTOR. Thanks for your help.

End game is whatever you feel like doing and you get rewarded appropriately since rewards will scale for your level.

Levels in this game are pretty irrelevant. They are literally just there to set a learning curve of the game. If higher level then some content you get scaled down in power but rewards stay the same for your real level. This means you do whatever you want and be rewarded.

Now if you are asking what specific things you can do in the game. Lots. Dungeons, Fractals, Zones, Crafting, Living story, Mini games, Jumping puzzles, PvP, Dynamic events, Meta events and more I am forgetting.

There are no raids however like you would see for endgame in WoW or SWTOR
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Actually I'd consider Tequatl a big disorganized Raid/World boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

None of the Guild Wars games have an endgame.

One plays the same gameplay modes at level 80 as level 20, 46, 59 or 72 in Guild Wars 2. Everything that GW2 offers at level 2 is relevant at level 80.

Guild Wars as a franchise emphasizes casual pick-up & play game modes. With a little vertical progression, often a hard power ceiling followed by mostly horizontal character progression or none.

Gameplay in GW2 consists mostly of PVE combat [overworld, dungeons], PVP combat [battlegrounds, instanced zone], exploration, mini games and economy.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-01-16 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fractals, dungeons, world bosses, WvW, PvP, Living Story - anything you want really. There are many ways to progress your character, you are not funneled into one instance.
    Valar morghulis

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont want ANY pvp I just want pure PVE. So there are like no guild runs to kill bosses in instances? Am i thinking too much into wow, should i just not play this. I mean if thers no actual linear progression of my character like level 2 is the same as 80 than wtf is the point. Its like buying a free level 90 in wow i guess. I guess ill go back to SWTOR

There are guild missions and things of that nature to do. Also there are bosses that spawn out in the world that some guilds do together, but in general enough other people show-up to do them so you don't have to have guildmates with you. There is no open world pvp, so if you want to never do anything at all with PvP you can play without doing any pvp at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    I dont want ANY pvp I just want pure PVE. So there are like no guild runs to kill bosses in instances?
    Sure. Guild form runs to do dungeons, fractals [mini dungeons], world bosses, open join events and various guild challenges.

Varies by guild. A guild is not needed for any of the aforementioned.

Nearly all of which can be done at level 1 and level 80.

Am i thinking too much into wow, should i just not play this.
    You might be thinking too much in the linear model of WOW, yes. However as a different style of game, GW2 offers other play experiences that you might enjoy.

I mean if there is no actual linear progression of my character like level 2 is the same as 80 than wtf is the point.
    Fun, mostly.

Like maybe you are just in the mood to do some jumping challenges in GW2. Or maybe you are up for a dungeon, a bit of crafting, etc. Whatever strikes your fancy.

GW2 is majorly nonlinear. It's a "go where you please" simply for the sake of it mentality that pervades the franchise.

There is a power scale up to level 80. But it flattens out and eventually has a hard ceiling with no more vertical progression. But players like collecting pets, costumes, doing mini games, etc etc.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-01-16 at 09:00 PM.

If you want PVE endgame then GW2 is definitely not the game for you IMO. I hit 80 and got bored and quit. GO for a game like The Secret World if you are into a horror theme.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    If you want PVE endgame then GW2 is definitely not the game for you IMO. I hit 80 and got bored and quit. GO for a game like The Secret World if you are into a horror theme.
    Should stop doing things that make you bored. If you are bored of everything about GW2 then you shouldn't play it. Though that is not great advice to other people since there is "endgame" just not like WoWs

Sorry but GW2 pve end content is horrible, if I was aiming just for it, I would never start gw2. I'll give you several reasons why it is so:
    1) No raids.
    2) Huge class aka profession disbalance. Some classes are much worse than others, many people prefer to just stack only 2!!! profs to do dungeons and ask specific classes to not even bother joining.
    3) Most events you will do at high lvl will just require you to tag it once then you can go afk. Now there is semi-hard world boss Tequalla, but again, you only need to hit it once. And it's not hard at all if you guest Deso, they kill it all the time.
    4) Guild runs are easy also. Nice, but too easy. Let's say easier than LFR.
    5) Now the worse part, gw2 has this annoying system when you enter dungeon you are "opener", and if you quit your party, everyone gets kicked. Now, the only real progression in the game is fractals, it's 5m and it can sometimes be challenging for some people. And you need to finish like 3 small dungeons in it and a boss, and if opener leaves at last boss, you will get not reward and have to repeat it all over again. Nice, eh?

On the other side, gw2 has the best exploration and leveling experience ever, it is worth to level to 80 slowly and never care about high-end content.

1) No raids.
    There are no instance raids like you would find in Rift or WoW but there are guild challenges and Meta events (World bosses) that act as a substitute. However no there isn't an instance group raiding.

2) Huge class aka profession disbalance. Some classes are much worse than others, many people prefer to just stack only 2!!! profs to do dungeons and ask specific classes to not even bother joining.
    Professions are no more "disbalanced" then any other game. People wanting profession stacking are generally ignorant and should avoid being grouped with. People have this strange idea that guardians and warriors only run one particular build. That is up to the person playing it not the profession. Profession stacking usually leads to... failed groups.

3) Most events you will do at high lvl will just require you to tag it once then you can go afk. Now there is semi-hard world boss Tequalla, but again, you only need to hit it once. And it's not hard at all if you guest Deso, they kill it all the time.
    Incorrect. You can not just hit a mob once, you have to participate. I find it hard to believe you leveled to 80 and didn't notice the bronze, silver, gold ranking system. I also find it hard to believe that when you failed an event and you were afk for it you never thought you could help.

4) Guild runs are easy also. Nice, but too easy. Let's say easier than LFR.
    Someone hasn't tried to kill all 6 kralkotoriks crystals at the same time :l

5) Now the worse part, gw2 has this annoying system when you enter dungeon you are "opener", and if you quit your party, everyone gets kicked.
    They fixed that I believe

Now, the only real progression in the game is fractals
    You have to be more specific. Progression can mean a multitude of things. If you mean progression of a single stat called Agony Resist then yes. It is the only progression in the game of its kind.
    Last edited by zito; 2014-01-17 at 12:50 AM.

There are no traditional raids like you would find in Rift or WoW but there are guild challenges and Meta events (World bosses) that act as a substitute. However no there isn't an instance group raiding.
    Wwwweeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll. There are no Instanced Raids but Guild Wars' open world raids are closer to traditional raids than how raids are in Rift or WoW.

So like Teq is closer to a "traditional" raid than Molten Core. Even if the audience of this website is more familiar with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wwwweeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll. There are no Instanced Raids but Guild Wars' open world raids are closer to traditional raids than how raids are in Rift or WoW.

So like Teq is closer to a "traditional" raid than Molten Core. Even if the audience of this website is more familiar with the latter.
    Right, I'll reword it. Also they need to update all the other bosses. Swamp guy is boring :l

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really like raiding, then GW2 is not the game for you.

As an active player with over 1000 hours of playtime, raids is what I miss the most in this game.
    Simply because there are extremely few things you can regularly do as a guild. Basically it's guild missions (which takes less than an hour once a week) and WvW (which is "group pvp" and not in any way similar to raiding). I really miss PVE activities you can do as a large group. Open world events don't count as a guild activity because the only encounter with any kind of meaningful strategy is Tequatl, and due to overflow caps, scaling, and the nature of open world events (not being able to stop random people from joining and potentially fucking things up) it's just not fun to do as a guild.

Give me an instanced area with several bossfights that require teamwork and strategy (could be scalable to group size, with like a minimum of 10 people. With a few small fixes the squad system could be used to determine who can enter the same instance) and I'd be very happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 doesn't really have an "endgame" in the same sense that most other games do. In the sense that things become more difficult and you are expected to know your class better in order to better partake in more difficult content, sure, GW2 has that. But those are still mostly limited to small-group dungeon activities. World-events, while needing lots of people to complete, don't really have much in the way of tactics to them. Of course, I wouldn't really say current WoW endgame is that heavy on tactics either.

If you're looking for a WoW alternate with a strong, large-group PVE raid-style endgame, I'd suggest Rift.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    On the other side, gw2 has the best exploration and leveling experience ever, it is worth to level to 80 slowly and never care about high-end content.
    This is pretty much my felling on GW2 as well.

If your only mission in life is to Raid the GW2 is not for you, if you want to level up enjoy story lines etc etc

GW2 is worth a shot, whats the worst that can happen there is no monthly sub?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There are no instance raids like you would find in Rift or WoW but there are guild challenges and Meta events (World bosses) that act as a substitute. However no there isn't an instance group raiding.
    Like someone said earlier, 1) they are very easy 2) they take like 2 hours max !! a week. While raids in wow... days.
    Professions are no more "disbalanced" then any other game. People wanting profession stacking are generally ignorant and should avoid being grouped with. People have this strange idea that guardians and warriors only run one particular build. That is up to the person playing it not the profession. Profession stacking usually leads to... failed groups.
    The fact that you knew about 2 professions I was talking only proves my point, doesn't it? It doesn't matter if profession stacking is bad, if it wasn't effective in some cases, people would never do it. Wow also had moments where they were stacking specific class for encounters(For example Yogg and mass warlocks), during vanilla many specs were pretty weak too. Yet, if you look at wow now, it's pretty balanced, every class can bring something to the raid. And funny thing, hunter is completely opposite of ranger, not only he can do great dps, but also bring ANY needed buff for raid.
    Incorrect. You can not just hit a mob once, you have to participate. I find it hard to believe you leveled to 80 and didn't notice the bronze, silver, gold ranking system. I also find it hard to believe that when you failed an event and you were afk for it you never thought you could help.
    No, you are wrong, you might get less rewards, but you will always get rare. I killed Tequ yesterday in completely afk mode(because I had to) and I got 1 chest with 3 rares and usual chest. Same goes for any other events, you might get less, but you will always get something for it.

Btw Tequalla has nothing to do with usual raid bosses, it's analogy of world bosses, to be more specific, like Undusta. Same goes for other two dragons which are easy as other wow world bosses.

Someone hasn't tried to kill all 6 kralkotoriks crystals at the same time :l
    To be very honest I have never tried, I think I did the event you are talking about, but not sure why you want to kill them at same time, can you be more specific?
    They fixed that I believe
    Sadly no, I did arah dungeon 2 days ago, we killed 3 bosses, then we saw someone offline in the group, waited for him for around 3 minutes, then kicked. He was opener ><, so we had to do it again. Yes, not a big deal really... But very annoying, you can't argue with that.
    You have to be more specific. Progression can mean a multitude of things. If you mean progression of a single stat called Agony Resist then yes. It is the only progression in the game of its kind.
    Progression in usual terms for any mmo. To clear all content mmo offers. You can easily clear all dungeons, but you can't easily clear all fractals, because of AR and because you need to unlock higher levels as well. So you need to clear 50x4 fractals+++. I am not saying it's a bad thing btw, just explaining myself.

Like someone said earlier, 1) they are very easy 2) they take like 2 hours max !! a week. While raids in wow... days.
    There are multiple types of guild missions that don't center around killing that are raid like. WoW raids do not last for "days" most common guild schedule 1-2 days a week for 2-4 hours per day on raiding. Not to mention raiding in WoW is the center point so they kinda have to make it longish.

The fact that you knew about 2 professions I was talking only proves my point, doesn't it? It doesn't matter if profession stacking is bad, if it wasn't effective in some cases, people would never do it. Wow also had moments where they were stacking specific class for encounters(For example Yogg and mass warlocks), during vanilla many specs were pretty weak too. Yet, if you look at wow now, it's pretty balanced, every class can bring something to the raid. And funny thing, hunter is completely opposite of ranger, not only he can do great dps, but also bring ANY needed buff for raid.
    I know the 2 professions because I play the game. I also know it is a terrible decision that most of the time will get you killed because I play the game. Someone who dropped the game at 80 wouldn't know that. So no it doesn't prove your point, people class stacked in WoW because it is beneficial. It isn't beneficial in GW2 because nobody builds their warrior or guardian the same way so people are trying to justify one spec enough to profession stack strangers. It is bad.

No, you are wrong, you might get less rewards, but you will always get rare. I killed Tequ yesterday in completely afk mode(because I had to) and I got 1 chest with 3 rares and usual chest. Same goes for any other events, you might get less, but you will always get something for it.
    No you are lying out of your ass. The only reason you got the chest is because you did enough of the event to get credit. You hitting the boss "1" time is not enough. You are either lying or under exaggerating.

To be very honest I have never tried, I think I did the event you are talking about, but not sure why you want to kill them at same time, can you be more specific?
    6 crystals spread pretty far apart from each other have to be killed at the same time within a certain time frame, they regenerate their health. Adds will regenerate its health and after killing the first crystal, you have 10 seconds to kill the remaining or they instant heal to full. At the same time you have adds in abundance who CC and the only way to hurt the crystal are rocket launchers.

Sadly no, I did arah dungeon 2 days ago, we killed 3 bosses, then we saw someone offline in the group, waited for him for around 3 minutes, then kicked. He was opener ><, so we had to do it again. Yes, not a big deal really... But very annoying, you can't argue with that.
    That hasn't happened in fractals for me but I haven't done a regular dungeon.

Progression in usual terms for any mmo. To clear all content mmo offers
    That is one definition of progression. MMOs follow differnt forms of progressions but completing all content is just a base - it is not something people think of when talking about progression.

Anyway for you, you are treating the game wrong. You said the best thing was leveling to 80 - well 80 is no different then the leveling experience. You expected some other type of "end game" so you treated the game like any other game once you hit max level. In the end its your own perception that killed it for you. But saying it as advice to other people isn't great in justifying a perception.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There are multiple types of guild missions that don't center around killing that are raid like. WoW raids do not last for "days" most common guild schedule 1-2 days a week for 2-4 hours per day on raiding. Not to mention raiding in WoW is the center point so they kinda have to make it longish.
    Yes, there are guild puzzles <3, killing stuff with rockets, it's all very fun idd! But challenging? Not at all. Only if you are in small guild. About raiding in wow, most commonly guilds raid 3 days a week or 4, for 3-4 hours.

6 crystals spread pretty far apart from each other have to be killed at the same time within a certain time frame, they regenerate their health. Adds will regenerate its health and after killing the first crystal, you have 10 seconds to kill the remaining or they instant heal to full. At the same time you have adds in abundance who CC and the only way to hurt the crystal are rocket launchers.
    Yes I did that, we did it on first try, didn't feel hard at all. But ye, there usually around 40 people joining. And our leadership is good too.

No you are lying out of your ass. The only reason you got the chest is because you did enough of the event to get credit. You hitting the boss "1" time is not enough. You are either lying or under exaggerating.
    Okay, okay. Special for you I'll make a video and post it here. Should be there tomorrow's evenin'.