Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    Imo anywhere between 25$-35$ and I'm fine with it. Costing more than the expansion would be dumb because they can just get another account + transfer it with the expac and itd be about 55$.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but unless you're running with the super low priced Battlechest+MoP deal they had around New Years I end up with $20+$40+$25; that is what it would take to buy the Battlechest, the expansion, and then transfer your level 90 across accounts. A $50-60 level 90 doesn't seem far fetched to me, since it will make the decision to purchase weighty enough that people won't just fill their character slots with 0 game time played, but at a price that is still a better deal and easier than buying an expansion for an account you're going to burn afterwards.

i have no idea why this is surprising to people.

have some of you even been on the store before?

a mount is 25$ a HAT is like 15$

did you honestly think you would get a 90 for anything less?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Blizzard should charge as much as a sufficient amount of people is willing to pay. It's that simple. Why take less than you can, if still enough people are going to buy it?

more expensive than faction change

would be very surprised if it was cheaper than £20

i think it will cost 40-60, but not less than 40. and still... people would use it, not everyone but many.

Anyone that wants it for more than 40$ would probably just rather remove the feature anyway. No point reasoning with the price lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Considering part of the reason for this is to encourage people to return, or for friends of current players to subscribe, they should charge whatever encourages people to play by not making it stupidly expensive in an attempt to milk what is left. Why should people have to pay a lot of money to skip the first 90 levels? Leveling isn't a competition.
    They should charge what earns them the most profit. If a more expensive service with less customers earns them more than a cheaper service and more (returning) buyers, the first way is the way to go.
    They simply need to calculate the trade-off.

10+ Year Old Account
    What justifies people paying a fortune for a level 90 for those who think it should be expensive? "because they should" isn't a reasonable justification.

Part of the problem WoW is facing right now is a lack of new players, so getting a level 90 and hitting the new content is aimed at fixing that problem, which is partially caused by the leveling experience being pretty bad for new players. The world isn't very populated in the leveling zones, it takes a while for them to hit the cap, PvP is horrifically unbalanced, and the commmunity in dungeons is pretty toxic. You skip that and you increase the chance they will keep playing the game.

Leveling isn't a competition. Those players will still have to level to the new cap and get gear, just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    They should charge what earns them the most profit. If a more expensive service with less customers earns them more than a cheaper service and more (returning) buyers, the first way is the way to go.
    They simply need to calculate the trade-off.
    I deleted my post because you changed your opinion somewhat from earlier. You said they should pay quite a lot for the service, but offered no real reason why.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Ridiculous unverifiable "screenshot of a pdf i made" not worth the electrons used to post it.

Highly doubt it's legit nor if it is that you got someone in the know about pricing. I think I'll wait for an official announcement, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Nooo I never said it was the price. my title CLEARLY states it will cost more than any of their current paid services. Im not misleading anyone.
    ""I CAN SAY THAT IT WILL LIKELY BE MORE THAN THE OTHER SERVICES THAT WE HAVE SO FAR""
    lol, what? You're hardly making any sense.

Your title is
    WoW paid 90s will cost "more than the cost of our other paid services we have.."
    Key word in there is 'will'. No maybe, no probably, but will, which is a definite.

The GM you were talking to doesn't have a clue what the price is going to be, he's purely guessing, which he even tells you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    Anyone that wants it for more than 40$ would probably just rather remove the feature anyway. No point reasoning with the price lol.
    No I don't care if they sell the 90's at the store, but it is reasonable that the price would be somewhere between 40-50 €, because they said they'll implement it in the store because you could buy a new account and transfer that new 90 to your old account already.

The price for Battlechest + MoP + WoD + Transfer could be around 80 € (don't know how much WoD will be) so IMO 40-50 € for a new 90 would be a fair price and the people saying it wouldn't be good for new players because it's too expensive for them to catch up, guess what, you'll still get your "free" 90 with WoD and can live with that or pay the price...

I think 25 dollars or the price of a transfer to another realm.

The revenue from that is trivial really as everyone and his dog will buy masses of Hearthstone packs anyway.

Blizzard will pass 2 billion dollars in 2014 for the first time in its history with 35% coming from that ridiculous card game anyway.

So actually this service is just a conveniance for the ( returning ) players. The money grab is coming from HS this year.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-01-29 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    Doesn't that defeat the point of making it buyable? If you can buy a copy of WoD and a server transfer, to move it to your main account for cheaper, what's the point?
    Pretty sure the reason they're adding it to the store is so people don't have to do that. To have the price the same doesn't surprise me, it just makes the process a lot more convenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    lol, what? You're hardly making any sense.

Your title is Key word in there is 'will'. No maybe, no probably, but will, which is a definite.

The GM you were talking to doesn't have a clue what the price is going to be, he's purely guessing, which he even tells you.
    Re-read my screen shot very very carefully, then come back and lets talk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    anything less than $50 is too cheap
    You should melt gold into a pot and pour it on your head.

I hope its as expensive as possible because:
    1. I don't intend to ever use it (I already have 14 level 90s so why would I?)
    2. The more money blizzard milks on that the better content we will get (at least in theory). So I don't mind people throwing their wallets into blizzard so I can have better developed game Btw I'd like to thank to all people spending cash on blizz store and planning to pay for those lvl boosting thingy <3 you all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    What justifies people paying a fortune for a level 90 for those who think it should be expensive? "because they should" isn't a reasonable justification.

Part of the problem WoW is facing right now is a lack of new players, so getting a level 90 and hitting the new content is aimed at fixing that problem, which is partially caused by the leveling experience being pretty bad for new players. The world isn't very populated in the leveling zones, it takes a while for them to hit the cap, PvP is horrifically unbalanced, and the commmunity in dungeons is pretty toxic. You skip that and you increase the chance they will keep playing the game.

Leveling isn't a competition. Those players will still have to level to the new cap and get gear, just like everyone else.

I deleted my post because you changed your opinion somewhat from earlier. You said they should pay quite a lot for the service, but offered no real reason why.
    As i've stated before I dont think their intentions are to make it so that they're selling 90's like hot cakes, its just so they can attract new players who dont like playing "CATCH UP"..Leveling/questing is a TIME SINK and a CLASS TUTORIAL. These are the sole purposes of leveling/questing. WoW Needs time sinks otherwise people would be finished with the xpac in a handful of months and they'll lose subs. Then Blizz will need to develop content at an impossibru rate. But let me address some things.

1) ""lack of new players, so getting a level 90 and hitting the new content is aimed at fixing that problem, which is partially caused by the leveling experience being pretty bad for new players"" SOOO hitting 90 and not knowing wtf to do wont be a bad experience? Going into LFR and being kicked for doing 19k dps at lvl 90 wont be a bad experience???? Please explain your logic here

2) ""PvP is horrifically unbalanced"":: LOL its been unbalanced since, oh, idk, the beginning of WoW -_- but im sure a new player with a instant 90 can queue up for a BG and start owning up the place. He/she will have a great time >.>

3) ""the commmunity in dungeons is pretty toxic"" It is??? Oh im sure it'll be less toxic with a fresh 90 whos never played the game before trying to tank or heal for the very first time.

4)"" You skip that and you increase the chance they will keep playing the game"" ... You skip that and you kiss your chances at learning your class/the game properly thus the never ending cycle of bads who dont know why they suck

a faction transfer and race change is £35 - that's damned expensive for re-rolling to a new realm and also severs ties with old friends and guildies

£20-£30 would be reasonable, £25 would be most suitable IMO

edit: to all those believing that paid 90 boosts will cause an influx of level 90 "bads" i very much doubt it, not everyone is a new player, in fact there seems very few "new" players these days, most are either veterans that have been playing for years and can adapt to a new class easily, or players that are already bad anyway so it makes no difference what class they play.
    Last edited by smokii; 2014-01-29 at 10:52 AM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    a faction transfer and race change is £35 - that's damned expensive for re-rolling to a new realm and also severs ties with old friends and guildies

£20-£30 would be reasonable, £25 would be most suitable IMO
    I agree. I can't see it costing more than £30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair price for a service like this. If people really (and I mean REALLY) want a lvl 90 right there and then, they would more than likely use this option.
    At the same time it will discourage people from doing if if they just want to see what a certain class is like at max level on the live servers.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.