I'm prepared for any flaming/constructive criticism this may induce, but I'd like to see it, I think it could be cool.
I. Make some classic level 60 servers
A. Grand Marshal/PvP server where you can do PvP and have the possibility of getting your grand marshal title.
1. Level 1-60
2. Option to move on to TBC realm list after obtaining a certain title in PvP
3. Option to get Grand Marshal title in PvP then move on to TBC realm list or continue PvPing
B. Dungeon 1 Realm
1. Level 1-60 and obtain your Dungeon 1 set, then move on to realm list C
C. Tier 1 Realm
1. Level 1-60, Defeat ragnaros and obtain your Tier 1 set then you may move to realm list D
D. Tier 2 Realm
1. Defeat Nefarian and Onyxia and obtain your Tier 2 set then you may move on to realm list E
E. Tier 2.5 realm
1. Defeat C'Thun and obtain your Tier 2.5 set then you may move on to realm list F (may also obtain your scarab lord title during scheduled event times, scheduled by blizzard)
F. Tier 3 realm
1. Defeat Kel'Thuzad and obtain your Tier 3 set then you may move on to TBC realm lists.
II. Make some The Burning Crusade 70 Realms
A. Arena Realm
1. Level 60-70. Seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4 rotate in a cycle (obtain season 1, 2, 3, or 4 set through honor [whichever one the cycle is on at the time] to unlock arenas) (stats changed on gear to accommodate current season cycle) you may move on to WotLK servers once you've completed all 4 seasons or stay to achieve gladiator for 1, or all seasons.
A. RBG realm level 80-85. Seasons 9, 10, and 11 rotate in a cycle yada yada yada...
I personally think this would be really cool.
You could go back and experience the game, new players included!
If you made it to MoP you would be experienced with raiding or PvP
It would refresh the game and give you a whole lot more to do, they could even put new aspects into the old parts of the game (keep all damage/talents/etc but give new features) they could put world firsts in old dungeons/raids by using best time measures like challenge modes and you could save your character after moving onto each realm/expansion so you could go back and do pvp or raid to get a better time on the old version of your character and you couldn't group with anyone who doesn't have the achievement so you couldn't just get carried, it would work in PvP too, 2200+ can't go with a 1500 player for instance (they could make pvp achievements expansion wide, could really suck trying to find another 2700 in 3's player on the same season) all of the old content is there as well so there wouldn't be a big rush to when you needed to get something done
Special snow flakes are now not exclusive, but now they really show dedication
Updated race models in old expansions
They could even define professions a lot more and make a server where your goal was to collect matts/make gear/enchant it/sell it/get your gold cap/etc... and have less of an emphasise on gold (there goes the gold farming market as well) and more on downing bosses/killing people
You would have every expansion to work on and focus if you wanted to, so Blizzard could go slower and make better quality patches for their max-level zones/pvp/leveling
I know it would take a lot of work to re-code all of that, but I would much rather see this than a new expansion, maybe after WoD or something?
Of course I can see frustration coming from people with max-level characters
1. People with max-level toons start out at level 60, and you get a level 30 of each class you had maxxed before after the level 60
2. People with all 600 (675 in WoD I'm assuming) professions can get a head start on their professions on the gold-making server
3. People with like 100 million gold can get a head start on gold on the gold-making server
All mounts/pets bought from blizzard store would still be usable
You could even have the option to switch races/gender/faction/look every time you went to a new expansion (all-human cataclysm pvp servers you say?)
I'd be happy to hear what anyone has to say... Like I said, I would love to see this happen...