Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems pretty reasonable to me if it is $45-$55 (which is what, 30 euros?). I wouldn't mind it being $20 instead but honestly it should be an investment. You are saving time at the expense of money. I plan on using my free 90 from the expac to get up my rogue, but even at $55 dollars I still plan on making an Alliance Paladin so I can have my alt for both factions. After getting 5 toons to 90 (all the healers) I am a little tired of leveling so this service is perfect for me.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

So assuming the battle chest is $20 and MoP is also $20 right now. WoD should be $40-$60. That's $80-$100 so far and that's without the $25 transfer fee. Now $105-$125 is a lot of money and Blizzard has said they are thinking of making it something you can purchase out of convenience to prevent people from going through the hassle of getting the new account, 2 expansions, and transferring. This means that they could still charge the $105-$125 per character since it's an option for convenience.

The goal isn't to make it cheap enough so it becomes a requirement by the community. They want you playing as long as you can and leveling is something that takes enough time to keep you sucked in to keep with what Blizzard needs to make their shareholders happy. Ft they lower he price, I really doubt it'll be $40. You would never invest your time into your characters since you wouldn't bother doing server transfers anymore. This would distance you even further from the addictive grip they need to have on you. I'm thinking it'll be around $60 or maybe a little more.

Deleted
    I'm willing to pay up to $90.

One dollar a level is more than reasonable, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    Doesn't that defeat the point of making it buyable? If you can buy a copy of WoD and a server transfer, to move it to your main account for cheaper, what's the point?
    uhh no,

battle chest - 20
    Pandaria - 40
    WoD - 40
    one month of wow - 15
    Transfer - 25
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

£40-£50 is fine to me, and will hopefully be the price they go for. Like the other services, it should be priced in such a way that will discourage people from overusing them; and with a free, geared level 90 being a pretty big 'carrot' (to put it mildly), i'm hoping the price is an equally big stick.

I can't even fathom the amount of cash Blizzard is going to make from this "Paid 90" service. I think it's terrible for the long term health of the game, but such a brilliant cash grab move in the short term. Good on them for taking advantage of a lazy playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    uhh no,

battle chest - 20
    Pandaria - 40
    WoD - 40
    one month of wow - 15
    Transfer - 25
    Just wanted to point out that battle chest comes with 1 month free. Your point still stands though. Not sure why some people are assuming this and think they can just buy WoD and get the 90 toon free since an expansion needs to be linked to a battle chest account and it has to be transferred to your main acount.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 year olds should be out playing with their friends, not being exposed to a video game filled with crazies. Do your son a solid and don't let him play til he is a teenager.

I don't see the paid service version coming until Warlords has been out a couple of months.

Why don't they just make that "boosted character" uneligible for account transfer for 90 days or something? End of the story

@OP:

First of all, all you posted was simply just speculation, and you should have titled it as such. The CM you spoke to even pointed out that: a) there is no price set yet to the service, and b) it is just speculation on the CM's part.

Second, do I think the price is fair? Yes, yes I do. It's not a required service to enjoy the game, or to even be able to play the game, so they can charge how much or how little they want and not affect the game at all. You can go from 1 to 90 in basically a week now, so there's no real reason to spend money with it. The only real issue with leveling a new character is having to gear it up as close as possible as your main character.

Combining the cost of a realm/faction change is more than reasonable for such a service. While I'm in no way against boosted 90's, it should be a decision one makes between spending the cash or spending the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    @OP:

First of all, all you posted was simply just speculation, and you should have titled it as such. The CM you spoke to even pointed out that: a) there is no price set yet to the service, and b) it is just speculation on the CM's part.

Second, do I think the price is fair? Yes, yes I do. It's not a required service to enjoy the game, or to even be able to play the game, so they can charge how much or how little they want and not affect the game at all. You can go from 1 to 90 in basically a week now, so there's no real reason to spend money with it. The only real issue with leveling a new character is having to gear it up as close as possible as your main character.
    re-read my title, then re-read the screenshot CAREFULLY, then come back and talk to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    7 year olds should be out playing with their friends, not being exposed to a video game filled with crazies. Do your son a solid and don't let him play til he is a teenager.
    Try reading this thread page to page. You obviously didn't. Plus, 7 year olds shouldn't be doing ANYTHING in particular. They should be doing whatever their parents see fit. Unless of course you became some supreme ruler of the entire world, then please show me your credentials. And now I know how you feel about gamers. Im sorry you hate yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    re-read my title, then re-read the screenshot CAREFULLY, then come back and talk to me
    The CS says "it will likely" cost more. Likely means probable... not definite. The CS later goes on to state they need a moment. This is them trying to find a solid answer. Then, they come back with "We don't have an exact price up yet, but I would say somewhere in the neighborhood of..." and "... but that is just me guessing at this point."

You screen capped an opinion, and ran up in here yelling about the price, which has not even been set yet. The CS should never have made a speculation cause shit like this happens. Do yourself a favor and stop making mountains of speculative molehills. Also, take the SEVEN YEAR OLD outside to play, rather than into Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Try reading this thread page to page. You obviously didn't. Plus, 7 year olds shouldn't be doing ANYTHING in particular. They should be doing whatever their parents see fit. Unless of course you became some supreme ruler of the entire world, then please show me your credentials. And now I know how you feel about gamers. Im sorry you hate yourself.
    No, my OPINION is children should be doing children things, not being exposed to a video game full of ADULTS who act like children and use harsh language and colorful insults. You raise your kid how you see fit, just don't get mad at him for how he turns out. As for the rest of your weak ass argument, I covered it in my previous response.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel ~$50 is a fair price. I'm sure Blizzard has mixed feelings about letting people potentially dilude the pool of max leveled characters with lack of knowledge of their class, so a higher price tag could deter people who aren't a little bit serious (and thus want to do some research) about paying for the character.

OR they're just hoping tons of people cough up the dough for it regardless of the price. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I feel ~$50 is a fair price. I'm sure Blizzard has mixed feelings about letting people potentially dilude the pool of max leveled characters with lack of knowledge of their class, so a higher price tag could deter people who aren't a little bit serious (and thus want to do some research) about paying for the character.

OR they're just hoping tons of people cough up the dough for it regardless of the price. xD
    My original assessment was about $59. This would be the cost of the expansion (for the free 90) minus the $25 to transfer the character to another BNet account. I think anything $59 or less is a fair price for an optional service. Since it costs $55 to change a faction and realm, this seems like it will be close to this price. If it was $49, would make for a more attractive service cost. Then again, that is just me guessing. They don't have an exact price up yet. I was just spitballing prices in the neighborhood.

So you changed your title while I was posting. Big deal. Also you didn't bother to address my second point, did you?

Deleted
    see people say if it's not the price of a faction/realm transfer it would get abused by people jumping realm, but if that person is jumping realm/faction to raid are they going to go buy a level 90 with questing greens, no professions and next to no gold (more so when the level cap moves to 90) or are they going to pay to transfer their existing char that is geared up, has completed professions and a bunch of gold and other items?

the fact is in WoD the only reason you would ever buy a 90 is if you are wanting an alt or coming back to the game, if you want to go to another server for end game content your not going to leave behind everything that will let you do end game content while also making it so you ahve to go through the expansion yet again. so even if it was the same price as a server/faction transfer it still wouldn't affect server/faction transfers in any way that people willing to reroll already doesn't.

Ill go buy an account from someone with a couple of lvl 90 on it instead ..

They better check out the price and dont make it too expensive

10+ Year Old Account

1) ""lack of new players, so getting a level 90 and hitting the new content is aimed at fixing that problem, which is partially caused by the leveling experience being pretty bad for new players"" SOOO hitting 90 and not knowing wtf to do wont be a bad experience? Going into LFR and being kicked for doing 19k dps at lvl 90 wont be a bad experience???? Please explain your logic here

2) ""PvP is horrifically unbalanced"":: LOL its been unbalanced since, oh, idk, the beginning of WoW -_- but im sure a new player with a instant 90 can queue up for a BG and start owning up the place. He/she will have a great time >.>

3) ""the commmunity in dungeons is pretty toxic"" It is??? Oh im sure it'll be less toxic with a fresh 90 whos never played the game before trying to tank or heal for the very first time.

4)"" You skip that and you increase the chance they will keep playing the game"" ... You skip that and you kiss your chances at learning your class/the game properly thus the never ending cycle of bads who dont know why they suck

1. The game is hardly complex. You learn how to play whilst leveling from 90 to 100. That leveling isn't done in a day, and it often takes as long as it does to hit level 90 from 1 due to the boosts fur current players. It's also pretty obvious that leveling doesn't automatically mean people won't play like crap either, or we wouldn't see so many complaints about bad players in LFR.

Abilities you gain at the level cap often dramatically change the capabilities of your character also, as does hitting certain plateaus in terms of stats, which you cannot adapt to until you are actually level capped. You do not suddenly stop learning once you ding level 100.

2. I don't even think you've understood me here. PvP is unbalanced whilst leveling in the sense that you are 1 shot from specific classes with gear. It's not that bad near or at the level cap. I also don't see how leveling from 1 to 90 would even remedy your attempt at hyperbole.

3. People learning to play their class is part of leveling from 90 to 100. Expecting people to know how to play when they've just started playing is part of the reason the community is so toxic; people like you place unrealistic expectations on others then flame them when they can't meet those expectations. New players need to learn how to play their class, and they do that by grinding the last 10 levels questing, and even at the level cap in heroics and raids for the finer points.

As I said in point 1; WoW isn't complex. If they cannot learn how to perform well enough in 10 levels of questing to the cap then they won't learn it during previous expansion content. The bulk of the game isn't so difficult that it requires flawless execution from every player; that is heroic raiding.

4. See above. You've argued under the pretence that hitting level 90 means you will lose the opportunity to learn anything. You have ample opportunity to learn when grinding the last 10 levels to hit the cap, as it will take days/weeks. The only issue is with people such as yourself holding unattainable expectations, or projecting your own inability to learn how to play at a decent level within the time it takes to hit the level cap from 90, or expecting people to be heroic raiding ready as soon as they hit the cap.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2014-01-29 at 04:37 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!