Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    anything less than $50 is too cheap

Anything over $25 is too much imo.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

People are soo in denial. They've sold a single helm with no stats for 15 dollars. A server change for 25. A 90 boost wont be less than 40.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    On the other hand, they won't make it cost just as much or even less than a simple race change. Sure, they could lower the cost of all the other services, but I don't think they will anytime soon.
    I'm not sure. If your level 90 is decked out with 12-16 slotters, they may make it the cost of a race change. I mean realistically... leveling's never been my time sink; bags, flying, etc. has been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    The fact that people think like this makes me sad.

This is why Blizzard is milking this audience for all its worth now days, because people don't mind being milked.
    So let them be happy. Some people don't mind paying a premium.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Anything over $25 is too much imo.
    A part of me agrees, but I feel like EQ2's version of this ($35) was very fair. I guess it'll depend on what the level 90 gets in terms of bags, flying and gear, for me to have an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

A race change is $25, and that's super simple. I think $50 is reasonable. (Not that I'll be doing it.)

That sounds really expensive.

I mean, considering the massive time save, it's not that outrageous, but it just seems weird to have it priced 33% higher than a whole expansion.

Ah well. Probably wasn't going to do it before, definitely won't do it now. More power to you if it's something you want to do.

Cool

I think any in-game service can't cost more than a game itself (unless it's F2P, then there's other rules completely).

So it has to be <= $40, from the logical standpoint.

Noone is going to do a "fair" calculation of how much it would take you on average to ding 90. Lol. What about those crazy people who level in 2-3 days?

They will have to price it reasonably. I.e. the service needs to be accessible, but not necessarily "fair" from the viewpoint of people who have paid for the time to level their current 90s.

Price it "fairly" but inaccessibly high (e.g. $55+ is just a LOL), and noone would buy it. It would still be cheaper to buy a 2nd copy of the game and get a free 90 boost with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im gonna go ahead and bump this so I can point and laugh at everyone here who said I fabricated this dialogue. The price for a paid 90 is 60 dollars, or as the rep told me, more than their other services at the moment::

EDIT::: Also a message to those who said they would stop playing the game if it was more than 30 dollars. Please unsub now. Thank you very much.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Im gonna go ahead and bump this so I can point and laugh at everyone here who said I fabricated this dialogue. The price for a paid 90 is 60 dollars, or as the rep told me, more than their other services at the moment::

EDIT::: Also a message to those who said they would stop playing the game if it was more than 30 dollars. Please unsub now. Thank you very much.

Did I miss something? Did we get a confirmation on price?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not going to do this here.

There are open threads. Please keep your thoughts in the open threads.