Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    1000 additional dps cannot mathematically be even 1% of total damage done because if player does for an example 300k dps, 1000dps is 0,003% of total dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    How the cloak is huge dps boost? cloak gives 60 000 damage per minute, which is 1000 damage per second. People do 300k+ dps in this expansion, 1000 more is nothing. 1000 dps is vanilla - tbc level dps.
    You are ignoring the stat bonuses as compared to a cloak 60-40 ilevels lower than it and when in AOE situations it does a large chunk of damage that you don't have to push a button or do anything to generate, its free dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Not a single legendary item so far made me think "Holy shit, that guy must be good.", at most "Damn, that dude put a lot of time in it.", but barely that. WotLK in particular had easy-access legendaries, the cloaks really aren't special when it comes to easy to get.
    Wrath it still required you to complete 25M, which was medium difficulty. Not LFR, easy difficulty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    What was exactly "difficult" about the previous legendaries? They were nothing but RNG timesinks just like the cloak is now. If you think RNG is indicative of difficulty or skill, then I have to facepalm hard at you.
    Atiesh had practically no RNG or timesink. Basically if you could clear nax (which only few thosand players managed to do) your guild would get one. They should have removed it in 2.0 though.

Anyway, if they have another orange item they should make it iLvl 1 (like heirlooms) to stop it from inflating iLvl requirements for PUGs. Otherwise they are gonna end up shooting the same casuals in the foot, that they are trying to cater to, like happened in mop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    How is it not easy? None of it took any decent amount of skill. RNG Block = Easy, just wait till RNG is on your side. VP Farming = Easy. Doing some scenarios = Easy.
    Com again and do that quest with Shado Pan Gear only and come back with easy roflmao...

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You are ignoring the stat bonuses as compared to a cloak 60-40 ilevels lower than it and when in AOE situations it does a large chunk of damage that you don't have to push a button or do anything to generate, its free dps.
    That doesn't even matter, because the stat bonuses aren't included in the world of logs damage. I don't know where he got the 1000 dps number from.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    At best the dps increase is like 0,01%.

Here are few problems with legendary being obtainable by everyone:
    1. Raid balancing: cloak and gem provide significant boost to performance and it's impossible to make the raid fights balanced, whether they will be too hard for people who don't have it, or too easy for people who has it. Similarly, people who started later in the expansion will have difficulties getting a spot in the raid merely because they lacked the time needed to get it.
    2. Wasted gear: for the group where everyone has the cloak, all epic cloak drops are 100% wasted, yet they can't be removed from loot tables because of the people who don't have them.

that's why i'm against legendaries for all.

One's man terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Wrath it still required you to complete 25M, which was medium difficulty. Not LFR, easy difficulty.
    Which even backwoods servers were pugging and completing before ruby sanctum dropped.

- - - Updated - - -

At best the dps increase is like 0,01%.
    Learn 2 World of Logs
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    1000 additional dps cannot mathematically be even 1% of total damage done because if player does for an example 300k dps, 1000dps is 0,003% of total dps.
    It's 0.333%: 1000 / 300000 * 100. You forgot the italics.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Cloak proc has 60 000 damage per minute, the stats are not that significant. Cloak dps increase is not even 1%

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is there's a big hole in the items priority list. The margin is too large between an epic item and a legendary item.

Common -> Uncommon -> Rare -> Epic -> -> -> -> Legendary.

Epic items are falling from the sky and are easily accessible by everyone, but the legendary items (pre MOP) are accessed by a very small minority.

I like the concept of the legendary quest accessible by everyone. Even those who can not engage in large raiding guilds. Maybe the reward should be somewhere between epic and legendary.

I like the concept of the legendary quest accessible by everyone. Even those who can not engage in large raiding guilds. Maybe the reward should be somewhere between epic and legendary.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    Such childish argument. Whether you like it or not you play with others in an MMO and their goals and achievements indirectly impact the value of your own. I don't get why it's such a hard thing to accept.
    no, no, no dude, don't be ridiculous. don't you know? special snowflake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    It's 0.333%: 1000 / 300000 * 100. You forgot the italics.
    Yeah but the increase is still nonexistent.

Here is the World of Logs from a world top 150 Shadow Priest on my server (this is not me). Essence of Yu'lon is the cloak proc.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post

I guess you never actually got one handed to you by your guild then.
    Dont get this, his point still stands which is actual FACT, you did the same back then that you do now but with different people involved.
    Way to go on that one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    Anyway, if they have another orange item they should make it iLvl 1 (like heirlooms) to stop it from inflating iLvl requirements for PUGs. Otherwise they are gonna end up shooting the same casuals in the foot, that they are trying to cater to, like happened in mop.
    not true mop was awsome for casuals - apart from blizzard being so dumb not making every raid being xrealm able from the start like it will be in wod....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    not true mop was awsome for casuals - apart from blizzard being so dumb not making every raid being xrealm able from the start like it will be in wod....
    What I ment, is that the high iLvl of the cloak inflated the iLvl requirements for Flex, resulting in some (I'd guess a lot) of people not being able to get in to Flex raids. And as every serious raider had one, it was almost exclusively casuals without the cloak that got left out.

Inflated ilevel for pugs? There is a certain ilevel one should be at to be *capable* of downing the bosses, the cloak did not inflate the bare minimum. The bare minimum is determined by how much gear is required to down a boss in the required amount of time. People didn't raise the bare minimum of the basic ilevel you need to be successful based on the cloak. LFR was 496, Flex wing 1 was 510, Raiding was 530 for my group, then you add 10 per wing to assure less wipes.
    The cloaks existance did not inflate the ilevel requirement of the raid, many people raided without the cloak and 510 is super easy to get these days to go into flex. I got 530 on my DK tank in 2 weeks while casually going into LFR. Now my DK tank will be the third tank for Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Inflated ilevel for pugs? There is a certain ilevel one should be at to be *capable* of downing the bosses, the cloak did not inflate the bare minimum. The bare minimum is determined by how much gear is required to down a boss in the required amount of time. People didn't raise the bare minimum of the basic ilevel you need to be successful based on the cloak. LFR was 496, Flex wing 1 was 510, Raiding was 530 for my group, then you add 10 per wing to assure less wipes.
    The cloaks existance did not inflate the ilevel requirement of the raid, many people raided without the cloak and 510 is super easy to get these days to go into flex. I got 530 on my DK tank in 2 weeks while casually going into LFR. Now my DK tank will be the third tank for Shaman.
    I'm not talking about your group, but the reality that will hit one that has done LFR/timeless and that tries to get pug Flex from trade or oraid/oqueue. If you think they are looking for bare minimum instead of the maximum possible to still get players, I don't know what to say, but the maximum possible is inflated by the cloak.