Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Here is the World of Logs from a world top 150 Shadow Priest on my server (this is not me). Essence of Yu'lon is the cloak proc.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post

I guess you never actually got one handed to you by your guild then.
    Dont get this, his point still stands which is actual FACT, you did the same back then that you do now but with different people involved.
    Way to go on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    Anyway, if they have another orange item they should make it iLvl 1 (like heirlooms) to stop it from inflating iLvl requirements for PUGs. Otherwise they are gonna end up shooting the same casuals in the foot, that they are trying to cater to, like happened in mop.
    not true mop was awsome for casuals - apart from blizzard being so dumb not making every raid being xrealm able from the start like it will be in wod....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    not true mop was awsome for casuals - apart from blizzard being so dumb not making every raid being xrealm able from the start like it will be in wod....
    What I ment, is that the high iLvl of the cloak inflated the iLvl requirements for Flex, resulting in some (I'd guess a lot) of people not being able to get in to Flex raids. And as every serious raider had one, it was almost exclusively casuals without the cloak that got left out.

Inflated ilevel for pugs? There is a certain ilevel one should be at to be *capable* of downing the bosses, the cloak did not inflate the bare minimum. The bare minimum is determined by how much gear is required to down a boss in the required amount of time. People didn't raise the bare minimum of the basic ilevel you need to be successful based on the cloak. LFR was 496, Flex wing 1 was 510, Raiding was 530 for my group, then you add 10 per wing to assure less wipes.
    The cloaks existance did not inflate the ilevel requirement of the raid, many people raided without the cloak and 510 is super easy to get these days to go into flex. I got 530 on my DK tank in 2 weeks while casually going into LFR. Now my DK tank will be the third tank for Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Inflated ilevel for pugs? There is a certain ilevel one should be at to be *capable* of downing the bosses, the cloak did not inflate the bare minimum. The bare minimum is determined by how much gear is required to down a boss in the required amount of time. People didn't raise the bare minimum of the basic ilevel you need to be successful based on the cloak. LFR was 496, Flex wing 1 was 510, Raiding was 530 for my group, then you add 10 per wing to assure less wipes.
    The cloaks existance did not inflate the ilevel requirement of the raid, many people raided without the cloak and 510 is super easy to get these days to go into flex. I got 530 on my DK tank in 2 weeks while casually going into LFR. Now my DK tank will be the third tank for Shaman.
    I'm not talking about your group, but the reality that will hit one that has done LFR/timeless and that tries to get pug Flex from trade or oraid/oqueue. If you think they are looking for bare minimum instead of the maximum possible to still get players, I don't know what to say, but the maximum possible is inflated by the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    I'm not talking about your group, but the reality that will hit one that has done LFR/timeless and that tries to get pug Flex from trade or oraid/oqueue. If you think they are looking for bare minimum instead of the maximum possible to still get players, I don't know what to say, but the maximum possible is inflated by the cloak.
    The majority of players do not have the cloak, and the majority of characters in oqueue and oraid do not have cloaks because a lot of alts go into flex. A majority of players don't even want to do the cloak on 2 characters. Yes you will always choose the higher ilevels but you will also choose a group based on what classes are available. Its not hard to hit ilevel 535 without ever even going into LFR none the less getting the legendary cloak. Yes it requires luck and time/effort but its entirely possible. I dont have the cloak on my tank and I got it to 535 in 2 weeks with barely any effort.

If anything inflated ilevels it was the invention of Flex which put a whole 40 ilevels between LFR and Normal gear.

meh i prefer the new way tbh

pre MoP legendaries were most reserved for the longest members of the guild

even if you managed to be the best dps/healer/tank in your current group - it was unlikely you were the "chosen one"

the new system is a massive rng pain in dass and makes main switching improbable