Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    They should take the "far from sight-far from heart approach". The new shop button did nothing for those that use the shop, but it did piss of some of us. If its allready there ffs dont make us look at it all the time.
    If you are pissed off by a button in game, you have some serious mental deficiencies. Like holy shit man. It's a button...

10+ Year Old Account
    Look how pathetic and desperate blizzard has become.

They really don't understand the consequences of this, do they?

oh teh noez, dey added a 3rd shahp buttanz.

sky = falling

Quote Originally Posted by Azureqt View Post
    Look how pathetic and desperate blizzard has become.

They really don't understand the consequences of this, do they?
    They dun gooft! Consequences will never be the same!

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Some people would prefer not being forced to acknowledge its existence in the first place. Its called principles. Was obvious Blizzard would find a way around people getting rid of it with custom UIs though.
    Principles? What do principles have to do with it? Seems like you're grasping for straws on that one.
    Last edited by BatteredRose; 2014-01-30 at 07:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    The Blizzard apologists are out in force.
    Have you ever considered that we enjoy playing WoW still? It must be hard to live life knowing so many people support and enjoying playing a game which you hate!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    How strange that noone replied to you. Perhaps people don't like to reply to actual thought-out arguments.

So would you buy book, which had 20+ pages being torn away and sold for additional money? You know, you payed only for access to the book. Or maybe you would buy some film, where several most thrilling episodes would be sold for additional $? Maybe you'd buy it, but others don't want to live in such world. People don't want to live in a world, where if they want to drink, they need to buy access to water first, and then actual water.

ActiBlizzard hopes to prosper on people like those who would buy such books and films. Those people don't understand that they support dirty future for the game and support bad example in game industry.
    If you can prove Blizzard actively removed awards from the game then you have a point. But they offer mount/pet drops off dozens of things each expansion. They continue with the standard Glory mounts and made them even more accessible than the past. If anything they are offering more cosmetic choices than each previous expansion.

So when they offer something additional to buy in the store that's unrelated to the current lore of the expansion I find it hard to believe they removed content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Some people would prefer not being forced to acknowledge its existence in the first place. Its called principles. Was obvious Blizzard would find a way around people getting rid of it with custom UIs though.
    Does it cause you physical and emotional pain? I bet you could sue!

As long as the items they offer in the store are purely vanity cosmetic things, I don't care. But who is going to guarantee that they won't start offering gear etc soon enough? That's the only thing that worries me. I mean selling ready-made 90s is already crossing a line if you ask me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    It's not about the button. It's about principles and how much bullshit you can take from Blizzard.
    What principle is violated by having the shop available at the character select screen? What principle is not violated by having to wait the 30 seconds to load up a character, open the store, then log out?

Blizzard is genuinely putting it there for are own good, and there is nothing naive about believing that. Because Character boosts can be used with out logging into a character. The Character select screen does not have an inventory and it is silly to require someone to log into the game to buy something they can use outside of the game. Its is even sillier when the only complain about the button is just because it is there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockdown1 View Post
    I think some people are missing the pivotal problem about another shop button added to wow. It is not about if you can see the button or not, it is about blizzard increasingly taking business matters into the game. 3rd button, buying mounts, buying pets and buying level 90s, character migration from dead realm, name change, character change etc.
    The pivotal problem is that Blizzard is taking existing services and making them easier to access? What is so wrong with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    as ive said before accepting the store and buttons is just gonna make more shit appear o nstore unti lsomething appears on it that you wanted in game and you will be like wish i had done something about it, blizzard fanboys at there finest
    That is not true, and not supported by the offerings of the store. Blizzard has added items to the store with out creating additional buttons to access the store. The problem with calling people fan boys is that you often become a hate boy. Adding another button that allows you to access the store from the character select screen is because you can buy and use items from the Character Select screen.

Why is it a bad thing, and a portent of doom, to allow people the ease of not having to log into the game to buy items? All this doom and gloom and attacks involving fan boyism just because people don't have to log in, buy their item, and log out? If opposing your opinion over something as trivial as that makes me a fan boy then I guess I'll take it. Because it is better then being grouped with whatever ever label you fall under.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'll note that there are 2 ways to open the menu to get listed for ordos/celestial/flex/raids but no one knew there were there so it wasn't really used since no one was using it. It wasn't until Blizz made it more findable (where you queue up for lfr and scenarios) and had a loud campaign to get people using the buttons did people actually start using it, its amazing for celestials and ordos. There are still people on my server trying to get groups around because they don't know about the button though. A button that no one knows about is an unused button.
    No one knew about the button because it wasn't very useful until Blizzard added Cross Realm capability to it. That is the only reason why it is used now and the only reason why it is amazing for Ordos and the Celestials.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That's bs and you know it. Having principles does not mean you just quit. If your country does one stupid thing you don't just quit your country and move to another. That's not how it works. One of the first reactions is boykott and pointing out you dislike the feature and/or activly campaigning against it. If all that fails and the situation gets worse you abandon ship.
    But what is the principle? That two buttons is acceptable, but a third is not? That people can't buy items for the Character Select screen and most log into the game just because of a principle? There are no principles involved with the addition of this button. Its the flavor of the day response to what Blizzard does

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azureqt View Post
    Look how pathetic and desperate blizzard has become. They really don't understand the consequences of this, do they?
    And what are those consequences? That people don't have to log into the game to use buy a boost (that can be used from the character select screen) or any of the other character select screen services? That they've crossed some Geneva convention on how many buttons can exist in something? I think any one that calls something pathetic and desperate over a button is the real one that doesn't under stand the consequences.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    perfect example of how microtransactions geto ut of control FIFA and EA the amount of microtransactions they have is rediculous so you people would be happy if blizzard tured into EA selling gold in there store and maybe even they eill put an arena pass fee for this new gladiator thing in WOD in the future. alot of people who say its just a button are not thinking about the long term effects tbh the people who have said its just a button seem to just be trolling and not providing any form of disscusion there just posting for postings sake even though they have no clue wtf there on about

15+ Year Old Account
    perfect example of how microtransactions geto ut of control FIFA and EA the amount of microtransactions they have is rediculous so you people would be happy if blizzard tured into EA selling gold in there store and maybe even they eill put an arena pass fee for this new gladiator thing in WOD in the future. alot of people who say its just a button are not thinking about the long term effects tbh the people who have said its just a button seem to just be trolling and not providing any form of disscusion there just posting for postings sake even though they have no clue wtf there on about
    Because someone else does something is not proof that everyone will do exactly as that someone. Blizzard could easily not turn into anything more then they are now. Nothing they have done requires them to turn into "EA with FIFA". If you cry enough eventually you will be right, but why not actually wait until that time?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    In 5 years when WoW turns 15 and subs have finally dropped to 1 million due to lack of interest you will be correct and can refer to this thread proclaiming your wisdom. Until that time you and everyone else is just shouting in the wind hoping your predictions will come true. WoW is evolving but that doesn't mean Blizzard is desperate enough to turn their game into B2W.

Here's a question. Which gaming company has been voted worst to work for multiple times?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Actually that's the opposite of principles. If you are really opposed to the store in the way that you state, you would instantly quit the game and these forums. Unless by 'principles' you actually mean: another thing to complain about, scapegoat, etc.
    Quit the game because of 1 button? I like how you protect Blizz at each post I see of you.

Deleted
    to be honest i keep saying this its not about the button its about the fact they there gonna keep pushing this store on people, we have level 90's being sold in the sho pfor when WOD is released what next level 100's in the store in 2 years time dnt get me wrong the store is a good feature if used properly like for the pets which also gave to part of the sales to charity like the cinder kitty which i bought for the good cause thats fine but its starting to take the piss with the level 90;s seriously it isnt that hard to level to 90 anyway and now you get a free level 90 wtf was the point in redoing all of 1-60 in fucking cataclysm waste of time and resources then if your just gonna skip all the old content

Deleted
    perfect example of how microtransactions geto ut of control FIFA and EA the amount of microtransactions they have is rediculous so you people would be happy if blizzard tured into EA selling gold in there store and maybe even they eill put an arena pass fee for this new gladiator thing in WOD in the future.
    While I would not want to see such things in the store, I think that they should definitely add a lot more pets to it. The more pets available, the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems fairly reasonable given that I dont know where the first two are.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That's bs and you know it. Having principles does not mean you just quit. If your country does one stupid thing you don't just quit your country and move to another. That's not how it works. One of the first reactions is boykott and pointing out you dislike the feature and/or activly campaigning against it. If all that fails and the situation gets worse you abandon ship.
    Are you stupid? You boycott something by NOT USING IT. You don't cover your eyes and pretend it doesn't exist.

When people were mad at Chik-fil-a they boycotted it by NOT EATING THERE. They didn't shut their eyes and refuse to look at the store when they drove past it.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2014-01-31 at 06:26 AM.

stop crying please >.>

exaggerating idiots who say they will sell gear soon.. ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    not enough could use about four more shop buttons.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

So many buttons for the shop does seem quite excessive. I've been playing this game for over 5 years now, and have never bought anything from the shop, no pets/mounts/character services, nothing. They can double the amount of buttons, it won't affect me. Yet. As long as all they sell is mounts and pets, or other cosmetic nonsense. The level 90 in the shop is getting dangerously close to a step too far. But as far as I know it's all ptr, so we'll have to wait and see.

Replacing the support button with a shop button was and still is a very poor decision though.

So many people crying over a convenience feature. Get over it. The new button is necessary for WoD if people need to boost 90s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    So many people crying over a convenience feature. Get over it. The new button is necessary for WoD if people need to boost 90s.
    the store was made before WOD was even announced, yeah and all you people saying its just a abutto nwill be back here posting what i am cos blizz are selling gear and points on your account

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, it seems like more and more they're are trying to shove this in peoples faces like "COME! BUY OUR SHIT FROM OUR STORE!! GIVE US YOUR MONEY!!" If they're adding yet another shop button they need to remove the stupid button in the toolbar when you're playing and put the support button back. Getting rid of the support button for their shop button really shows what Blizzard cares more about.

Next, they'll add another one on the launcher screen.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-01-31 at 04:05 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe