Deleted

Siegecrafter heroic - Tank shredder damage.

Hello!

We've just started progressing siegecrafter heroic, and it's painful.. alot of damage going out, soooo much fire :P
    But we're making steady progress. However we have one issue atm that i'm not sure of how to fix.

We've planned our tanks and shredder tanking, taking stacks etc like this.

Pala - 3 stacks, kill 1st shredder
    Monk - 2 stacks
    Pala - 4 stacks, kill 2nd shredder
    Monk - 6 stacks, kill 3rd shredder

Pala - 2 stacks
    Monk - 7 stacks, kill 4th shredder
    Pala - 4 stacks, hold shredder until it dies.

Now, we haven't gotten that far ofcourse, we're stuck around the 3rd shredder.
    (We're killing Mines, mines, laser, mines mines mines)
    As soon as the fire phase ends, and the magnetic phase is starting we pop aura from tank pala, and try to chain it together with aura from holy pala. Then we also pop personals.
    At this point, we get the 4th overcharge from shredder hit on us, together with magnetic damage and therefore we have to pop alot of cooldowns.

We barely survive that, but the issue is that the shredder is only at about 50% at this point. And then it reaches 5 stacks and we wipe.

Does anyone have any idea why the shredder isn't dying? Considering the tank has 6 stacks at this point, it should go down quickly?
    Unfortunately i don't have logs for our attempts so far.
    Tank says he's saving dps cooldowns for the shredder, but he gets knocked up from missiles so can't truly nuke the shredder.
    We've been thinking about maybe pulling the shredder to the boss at this point, and have both tanks nuking it, and maybe even dps if that's required, since atm its that shredder that's wiping us.

--
    Hopefully i didn't type it too confusingly for you to read.
    We will appreciate any other tips you can give about this fight aswell!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    Hello!

We've just started progressing siegecrafter heroic, and it's painful.. alot of damage going out, soooo much fire :P
    But we're making steady progress. However we have one issue atm that i'm not sure of how to fix.

We've planned our tanks and shredder tanking, taking stacks etc like this.

Pala - 3 stacks, kill 1st shredder
    Monk - 2 stacks
    Pala - 4 stacks, kill 2nd shredder
    Monk - 6 stacks, kill 3rd shredder

Pala - 2 stacks
    Monk - 7 stacks, kill 4th shredder
    Pala - 4 stacks, hold shredder until it dies.

Now, we haven't gotten that far ofcourse, we're stuck around the 3rd shredder.
    (We're killing Mines, mines, laser, mines mines mines)
    As soon as the fire phase ends, and the magnetic phase is starting we pop aura from tank pala, and try to chain it together with aura from holy pala. Then we also pop personals.
    At this point, we get the 4th overcharge from shredder hit on us, together with magnetic damage and therefore we have to pop alot of cooldowns.

We barely survive that, but the issue is that the shredder is only at about 50% at this point. And then it reaches 5 stacks and we wipe.

Does anyone have any idea why the shredder isn't dying? Considering the tank has 6 stacks at this point, it should go down quickly?
    Unfortunately i don't have logs for our attempts so far.
    Tank says he's saving dps cooldowns for the shredder, but he gets knocked up from missiles so can't truly nuke the shredder.
    We've been thinking about maybe pulling the shredder to the boss at this point, and have both tanks nuking it, and maybe even dps if that's required, since atm its that shredder that's wiping us.

--
    Hopefully i didn't type it too confusingly for you to read.
    We will appreciate any other tips you can give about this fight aswell!
    Use fires as an advantage. Shredder takes a lot of damage from fire on the ground. Also, don't get knocked and roll (monk tanking at that point if I understand correctly?) to shredder right after Death from Above. If he fucks up with missiles at that point and isn't nuking shredder right after it lands (when shredder has damage taken debuff) it won't go down fast enough.

On our raid we had dk kill shredder at that point and he killed it before 4th overload without issues. Or 3rd. Anyway, it didn't do much raid wide damage. And dk is not that good to kill the shredder. Warriors and monks should be really good to my knowledge.

Deleted
    We have both tanks on that shredder next to the boss. You should try it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsegi View Post
    That sounds a lot easier also form the healing point of view if it doesn't create too much trouble otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsegi View Post
    I've seriously been considering that, since then both healers would be in range of everyone, at all times and would make it all easier i assume. And in worst case scenario the dpsers could also help out on the shredder after he lands (When he gets debuff) if the dps isn't enough from the tanks alone.

Anyone else has experience with this tactic?

Have the tanks take stacks like this(we also got a monk/pally):
    Pally 3 stacks(kill shredder)
    monk 2 stacks
    Pally 5 stacks(kill shredder)
    monk 4 stacks
    pally 6 stacks(kill shredder)
    monk 7 stacks(kill shredder)

CDs
    Pally:
    3 DP
    4 DP
    5 Guardian
    6 Ardent Defender+DP

Monk
    3 Fortifying Brew
    4 Fortifying Brew
    5 Guard+external
    6 Diffuse Magic
    7 Zen Med

That way there is no way in hell you take 4 overloads..
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Deleted
    If your tank is having problems to kill the add you tell him to shout when it flies up and ranged dps all throw few globals on it when it lands.
    Your problem is solved.

If the shredder is only at 50% with 6 stacks on a monk he's doing something wrong. With chi wave + 4 chi saved up for BoK, KS, BoK x2 he should be able to kill the thing from 100 to 0 from DFA with 6 stacks, plus all the additional time before DFA. But you should almost never get 4 overloads minus the first one, but since there's no raid damage there anyways, it doesn't matter.

With the strategy you're going with (no mines) it is imperative that you get each shredder down before the 4th stack as the 4th stack will line up horribly as you've seen. And contrary to what many people believe, it's really not worth the hassle of getting the damn thing to stand in fire or a blade since it's affected by the 90% DR of reactive armour..

But #1 thing, check with whoever has the shredder (the monk I think) and see what he is doing during DFA as that is 80% killing the shredder. It took me a while to get the hang of it (also monk tank) but once you do it becomes clockwork to kill those things.

If a pally can kill it there is no excuse that a monk cannot, especially with higher stats. He is just doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    I've seriously been considering that, since then both healers would be in range of everyone, at all times and would make it all easier i assume. And in worst case scenario the dpsers could also help out on the shredder after he lands (When he gets debuff) if the dps isn't enough from the tanks alone.

Anyone else has experience with this tactic?
    We do this as well, both tanks are full time on the shredder and outdps the heal from Blackfuse. We only have one kill, but we elected not to reset stacks. That said, you should note that you can't go above 10 stacks and that DBM stops playing the warning countdown once you reach 10.

We also don't do magnet on the third wave because it felt too awkward with the lingering fire from the empowered laser.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    If a pally can kill it there is no excuse that a monk cannot, especially with higher stats. He is just doing something wrong.
    Paladins are much better for Shredder just FYI. Monks are one of the worse tanks because they can't do burst that lasts for 6 seconds.

Paladins and Warriors are by far the best tanks for Shredder killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Paladins are much better for Shredder just FYI. Monks are one of the worse tanks because they can't do burst that lasts for 6 seconds.

Paladins and Warriors are by far the best tanks for Shredder killing.
    I disagree. DFA lasts 5 seconds which means you should get 4 GCDs. A monk can get 4 ticks of chi wave, 3 blackout kicks and 1 keg smash in that time, + AAs and can also Xuen if needed at a 3 stack to greatly increase damage done. There should be no reason that a monk ever gets the 4th overload on 10H minus a bad placement in missile or other circumstances. (I know 25H has more health so I can't comment)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or you know paladins can use execution sentence and have it up for every single one. They also have wings and holy avenger.

Not arguing that monks can't do it because they certainly can, but the statement that monks are one of the worst tanks for killing shredders is true.

I would heavily suggest doing a different strat for the stacks - going up to 7 is just unnecessary.
    I bet there are many other videos like this one but just posting for the proof's sake
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE4L7IYXCAg

And there is the stack order:
    Warr 1-2-3
    *ADD1 SPAWN*
    Paladin 1-2
    *ADD1 DIES FAR AWAY FROM THE BOSS*
    Warr 4
    *ADD2 SPAWN*
    Paladin 3-4
    *ADD2 DIES @ MELEE*
    Paladin 5
    Warr 1
    *ADD3 SPAWN*
    Warr 2-3
    *ADD3 DIES @ MELEE*
    Warr 4
    *ADD4 SPAWN*
    Paladin 1-2
    Warr 5
    *ADD4 DIES @ MELEE WITH LITTLE HELP FROM THE RAID DURING DFA*
    Paladin 3-4
    *ADD5 SPAWN*
    Paladin 5
    Warr 1-2
    *ADD5 DIES @ MELEE*
    Warr 3
    *ADD6 SPAWN//IGNORED*
    Warr 4
    Paladin 1-2

I had to do this research myself when learning the boss and I noticed that going up to 7, while indeed still easy with the right CD management it felt like something unnecessary and risky. So I just follow what I said in this post instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    I disagree. DFA lasts 5 seconds which means you should get 4 GCDs. A monk can get 4 ticks of chi wave, 3 blackout kicks and 1 keg smash in that time, + AAs and can also Xuen if needed at a 3 stack to greatly increase damage done. There should be no reason that a monk ever gets the 4th overload on 10H minus a bad placement in missile or other circumstances. (I know 25H has more health so I can't comment)
    And I present to you: Execution Sentence.

As a pala tank, we do :

3 Monk - first add killed away from boss
    2 Pala
    5 Monk - add killed away from boss
    4 Pala
    7 Monk - add killed next to boss, both pala and monk destroy him together
    7 Pala
    (monk is then reset and we go again)

As far as paladin cds go :
    1 - nothing
    2 - nothing
    3 - DP
    4 - DP + hand of sac
    5 - Guardian
    6 - Tank Cloak
    7 - AD

I never have any chance of dieing on the last 3.

Also note that the second time around is changes slighty, the monk has the kill the 2nd add on 4 stacks instead of 5.