Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR Completion speed and success rate

Hello all,

Thinking about resubbing... two questions for the LFR'ing community;

1) How fast are typical LFR runs these days? (including waiting on tanks/healers)
    2) How frequently do you run into failraids that fall apart for one reason or another?

I un-subbed about a month after SoO. Queue times were pretty awful, groups were toxic (constant problem, I know), and disbanded raids were frequent. Just wondering how it is now that people are geared up, acclimated to the raids, etc.

Thanks for the input!

Fraks

- - - Updated - - -

Also;

I'm not opposed to using OQueue or Openraid for Flex or Normal if that's still the better way to go.

From what I see in daily guild chat, LFR has gotten beyond horrid. I'm talking about fail-tanks, fail heals, afkdps, etc. This is when our 570+ heroic players go in to help the fresh 90's in our runs too. I stopped running LFR because of this back in ToT and focus strictly on OQueue now. I clear all my runs of flex in one shots on Tuesday nights after 10pm pst. Word of warning also, complete everything Tuesday, the fails seem to start weds night or later ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    tuesday good, monday bad
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Openraid for flexing is definitely the way to go. You get much better groups with better success rates and higher loot. IMHO.. ooqueue is no different than LFR and you usually have some idiot in charge who demands 550 ilvl while he and his friend have 500. The feedback system in Openraid gives at least some reason for people to try to perform well.

As to LFR. I never had much of a problem with it. Rarely would I see anything toxic, and it was usually just one person or someone with a buddy causing problems. I still rarely do it, but that is only because I have a nice group from openraid.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fraks View Post
    I'm not opposed to using OQueue or Openraid for Flex or Normal if that's still the better way to go.
    ^^ This is the best bet. I have been running LFR on my alt to get gear, this week I had one wipe on Shamans with a fail tank. Tank left and we got it down. Other than that the raids I have done have been smooth 1 shots. Dps queues have been around 30 mins, tank queues very quick. This seems different to my normal LFR experience though. I normally stick with flex.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have better luck in Flex groups by using oQueue than I do in LFR.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still plenty of horrible, toxic groups but you can still get the groups that head through with little to no trouble, chokepoints in my experience tend to be shamans/nazgrim in wing 2, spoils in wing 3 and garrosh in wing 4.

Tuesdays after the loot lockout reset are the best days, and it gets steadily worse from there until monday where you're better off not even trying.

DPS queues are still fairly long too, though wing 1 tends to be faster, and queues are also faster on Tuesday too. (more reason to run on Tuesday!)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    From what I see in daily guild chat, LFR has gotten beyond horrid.
    It really varies.

The past week I've had a long string of good LFRs.

Weeks before that I've had horrible experiences.

I don't think that in the US the day of the week or time of day is a reliable predictor of happiness or success. I've had plenty of good weekend groups and plenty of incompetent Tuesday groups. Perhaps in EU things are a bit more "organized." Who knows.

But in general, if you are patient and not the kind of person who likes to whip up drama, LFR is fine. It can be frustrating at times but at other times, there are decent/good experiences that make up for its negatives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Tuesdays after the loot lockout reset are the best days, and it gets steadily worse from there until monday where you're better off not even trying.
    It has NOT been my experience that Monday is a bad day in LFR. At worst it is an average day.

But that's just my experience.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've actually had much better results on Alliance than Horde. My Human Paladin is also a lot better geared than my Orc Warrior but I think it takes more than once person to carry the raid.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Had 2 groups disbanded and I solod bt before they filled up again last week. I find it very random as I play many different days hours and classes and I clear SoO in lfr 3 times a week and also doing ToT now for secrets 3 times a week. But if you have some patience its not that bad as some times you will get one shots on a whole raid and others you will wipe 5 times because people cant kill an engineer with 500k hp.

LFR is currently the most time-consuming raid difficulty in the game if you're solo queueing. It's not rare for one wing to take upwards of 90 minutes simply due to people being all around slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR sucks, the very last LFR I did was Wing 2, it took like 10 minutes to down Nazgrim alone, because people were like doing anything between 90k to 30k DPS.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    LFR sucks, the very last LFR I did was Wing 2, it took like 10 minutes to down Nazgrim alone, because people were like doing anything between 90k to 30k DPS.
    And the past 2-3 weeks I'm seeing better geared, well-performing groups. So all this shows is "your mileage may vary."

By far the best day to do it is Tuesday.

Reason or that is quite simple: you're getting lots of alts and flex raiders who are gearing up for flex. And the reason they are going on Tuesday is to get it done as fast as possible. What this also causes is it means they aren't afking and are actually trying.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-01-29 at 02:40 PM.

did all 4 part in under 4 hours including 20 minutes que as dps then jumping from one to another straight cause qued for 4 parts at the ame time - had super smooth runs wiped only once cause some troll pulled out hsamns while we were clearing trash and on garosh they were better in interupting mced then my 10/14 hc raid -_- (due to super weak dps we had 5 waves of mc all interupted ) so really dont understand people who say how lfr sucks -_-

I got almost never a fail group. And on average maybe 2 wipes in all 4 parts.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm convinced that people on this forum don't actually run LFR, they just complain about it and make assumptions. Neither my horde nor alliance characters have run into any issues in LFR since I resubbed a few weeks ago.

When 5.4 first hit? It was terrible. Multiple wipes on every boss. A month after 5.4 hit? Long queue times. Now? Very few wipes, normal queue times (30~ mins. Sometimes it'll say an hour, but it will find me a group within 30 mins always.) and a much more pleasant atmosphere. As opposed to the Flex runs that I've been doing where it's a constant whine fest and always drama / waiting for people endlessly.

The weak point of most LFRs are the tanks. I consistently get bad LFR groups when I queue as DPS but in any run I've tanked it's gone very smooth.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The weak point of most LFRs are the tanks. I consistently get bad LFR groups when I queue as DPS but in any run I've tanked it's gone very smooth.
    This is probably why my experiences recently have been good as I have been tanking. Normally I dps or heal and its just painful.

The last three clears of SoO Wing #1 and Wing #2, Flexible, have taken me less than 45 minutes using oQueue.

The last fifteen clears of SoO Wing #1 and Wing #2, LFR, have taken me more than 45 minutes.

It's roughly the same for all of my guildies and all the folks on my RealID who participate in end-game PvE.