Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally an EU only contest. Good luck everyone!

Deleted
    Finally an answer to the bonus roll on mounts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by knasz View Post
    Finally an answer to the bonus roll on mounts
    Which might very well be completely wrong, lol.

Funny statistics .

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I remember making liberal use of remorseless winter on my DK back then, but definitely no pre-pull CC like poly or sap. I guess that sort of counts
    And warriors used Shockwave... I don't count that as CC when it is basically part of your rotation, especially when it is not even needed. And skills like Remorseless Winter which do not take any thinking :|. But yes, technically we used CC... lol.

Yep I found them, the non EU people being disappointed that they can't get the 6 months Curse thing. 9/10 contests EU people can't participate because it's NA only, please let us have something for once...

Deleted
    I have needed 0 CC in MoP dungeons ever. Day 1 they were faceroll. Not saying that's 100% bad but it is true.
    You are more experienced/skilled than most. That was not the experience for the majority. (Celestalon)
    Wrong. I am not overly skilled, I am a casual (very) casual player, and no matter which instance or raid I've done in MoP I've -never- used CC or seen it being used, even on fights which are meant for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalanos View Post
    Looks like i'll be farming Sha for my Tsulong night phase look-a-like mount.
    Don't hold your breath. The droprate is insanely low.^^

@Titles: Patient should have been excluded. It's most common, because it's the title the game assigns automatically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder why they didn't mention the most common flying mount. I would assume it's the Bronze Drake :P

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I have needed 0 CC in MoP dungeons ever. Day 1 they were faceroll. Not saying that's 100% bad but it is true.
    You are more experienced/skilled than most. That was not the experience for the majority.
    WTF is he smoking. Who used CC in MoP dungeons? Unless he misread and meant challenge modes and even then there is a lot of brute forcing with the use of interrupts and short term stuns, but that doesnt match with the previous statement of saying he outgeared the content.
    You used it when you were grouping with morons. Which, you know, isn't all that uncommon when using the dungeon finder.

These made up numbers out of thin air are not even funny facts...

- 100M "players" including trial accounts.. thats like comparing a Page Views data to a Unique Visitors of a website. But I guess the bigger the fabricated fact, the more will believe it. I see they clarify the huge sized misleading text "100M PLAYERS" with small size text that it is actually accounts and NOT unique players like the big text suggests..
    - 500M character created... of which how many are level 1 mules and spammers and bots? 10-20-30%? At least I guess..
    - 2.8M transactions which is apparently 2 times the transaction what ebay had _5 years ago_.. imbecile comparsion.. A today's CPU can do 10 times the calculations what they were capable 5 years ago.. cool eh?

Fun facts == Cool lies? apparently so, but to me it is more like "questionable statements" than "fun facts".
    The only thing I found a fun fact and might be even true is the most commonly used titles. But the most sounds more like they are just bragging on fabricated facts without anything to back them up.
    Last edited by tntmax; 2014-01-29 at 12:09 PM.
    <Method> Tntmaxy #1 #2

Look another thing they stole from other games, what a surprise!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tntmax View Post
    These made up numbers out of thin air are not even funny facts...

- 100M "players" including trial accounts.. thats like comparing a Page Views data to a Unique Visitors of a website. But I guess the bigger the fabricated fact, the more will believe it. I see they clarify the huge sized misleading text "100M PLAYERS" with small size text that it is actually accounts and NOT unique players like the big text suggests..
    - 500M character created... of which how many are level 1 mules and spammers and bots? 10-20-30%? At least I guess..
    - 2.8M transactions which is apparently 2 times the transaction what ebay had _5 years ago_.. imbecile comparsion.. A today's CPU can do 10 times the calculations what they were capable 5 years ago.. cool eh?

Fun facts == Cool lies? apparently so, but to me it is more like "questionable statements" than "fun facts".
    The only thing I found a fun fact and might be even true is the most commonly used titles. But the most sounds more like they are just bragging on fabricated facts without anything to back them up.
    Well said overall. Thank you.
    What I find funny is that 100 million accounts would mean that over 90% of people who they claim played WoW didn't/currently don't like it or don't/didn't find it to be worth the money, no? How is 1 out of 10 people liking the game a good thing to brag about?

Deleted
    not sure what is the so attractive about the patient/assistant professor/jenkins titles

just a little fact checking for collectors on that infographic, the 619 unique pets seems pretty accurate as guildox lists 614 on their site. However the 504 unique mounts is not jiving for me. Guildox only lists 409 mounts which includes all the gladiators and original unarmored mounts and everything. All it doesn't list is class mounts which adds up to i believe 14 unique mounts? Thus does that mean they are counting all the never implemented re-skins they've had on file over the years? Because that is just plain dirty. Not to mention that means some 80 reskins that never made it in? I can only think of about 30-40. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    not sure what is the so attractive about the patient/assistant professor/jenkins titles
    is the default titles when you create a new alt...I had the jenkins title for long time on my alt until I enabled to see titles in names and said "wtf"? and changed it immediately. Also I think that is the only titles you can have until you reach a certain level (60+).
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    Nothing, they're just easy to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You used it when you were grouping with morons. Which, you know, isn't all that uncommon when using the dungeon finder.
    Yes if your healer was afk or not paying attention (watching tv) which has absolutely nothing to do with experience or skill :P.

Blizzard apparently thinks following your group, selecting a character and pressing two keys without having to pay too much attention to it requires experience or skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Venscent View Post
    Well said overall. Thank you.
    What I find funny is that 100 million accounts would mean that over 90% of people who they claim played WoW didn't/currently don't like it or don't/didn't find it to be worth the money, no? How is 1 out of 10 people liking the game a good thing to brag about?
    Thanks for sharing my opinion, but I have to say, I don't share yours. I mean.. you are leaning toward the opposite end of extreme in terms of processing and translating their numbers. Just because out of 10 people who played 5-10 years only 1 is playing actively still, it doesn't mean that those 9 people opinion is that this game doesn't worth its price.

I for one played since 2005, played casually at the start and ended up playing on the most hardcore levels of the PvE side of the game. I quit ~2 years ago.. because of life changes, interest changes and so on.

MoP haven't had any effect on me to renew my sub, but Warlords of Draenor might have, but who knows... I was in my 20s when I started playing, I am past 30 now and I cannot predict if and for how long WoD might keep my interest again.

I am just saying I don't hate WoW, not saying its not worth the price... quite the opposite, otherwise how could i been playing it for 7 years?

On the other hand I was never the fan of Blizzard's Community Manager's communication style. They like to talk about nothing for pages long. Explaining a very simple thing in pages long that people might think its a big thing or whatever.
    I know its a way to keep up the hype and interest, but they are are just not very informative, they losing in meaningless details, twisting out things and words and sentences to make their agenda sound better and so on.
    That is what I was pointing at with my previous post.
    <Method> Tntmaxy #1 #2

Deleted
    Anyone else has got an issue with that Curse giveaway where the button to enter the contest won't do anything? I have unblocked all the scripts on that site, and disabled adblock for it, and yet it still won't do anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    This bonus roll information had truly been usefull... like 6 months ago when I still focused on using my coins on Elegon, Horridon and Ji-kun.
    Indeed.. :/