10+ Year Old Account

Raiding with leashes 2 Alar?

Is there any point in doing Alar after i got the pet? I dont need transmog. Im assuming i cant sell it?

Deleted
    You could quit WoW, no point in doing anything in this game! -_-

... what a question.

Al'ar is easy to kill and drops some gold. Otherwise, not really. You can sell the pet, though, by learning it and then caging it.

Deleted
    Al'ar is optional boss, you don't have to kill him if you farm Kael'thas for the mount.

Other than that there really isn't any point of killing him if you already got the pet from him, unless you want some of his other items that he drops.

Oh and yeah, you can get the pet he drops up to 3 times or even more times if you cage it.

sure you can sell the pet you'll probably get about 500g on the AH, maybe as low as 200g depends on server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle pet drops are an odd bunch. Some of the items that drop are bind on use, some are bind on pickup but almost all of the pets that come from the items can be caged and resold, once you learn them. This makes pet collecting and trading unnecessarily confusing. Some quest pets can be caged and traded, like Fishy, but the Panther Cub and Tiny Flamefly are not tradeable. I wish they would make up their minds, or at least have a rhyme or reason to how they decide such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Is there any point in doing Alar after i got the pet? I dont need transmog. Im assuming i cant sell it?
    As has been mentioned you can cage the new one you get and sell it to someone else. I don't think it has different breed ids similar to the Pocket Reaver though so if you don't care about the gold don't bother farming.

Fast Kill + Free Gold vendoring epics and pet if you are lucky.

If you're dead set on getting 1 item from someone else, just ignore it.