Hey im trying to find a real good gaming laptop

So, exactly as the title says i want to buy a real nice gaming laptop. I want a thin one though because im going to use it for class too in college. I looked at Ibuypower and Xoticpc but I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at. Im hoping for alittle help and guidance towards a nice laptop. My budget is around 1000 dollars. I want to spend less though. Also, does anyone know when the next big sale is for ibuypower? Thank you.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs, and they do not fear.* They can not fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Demitorn View Post
    So, exactly as the title says i want to buy a real nice gaming laptop. I want a thin one though because im going to use it for class too in college. I looked at Ibuypower and Xoticpc but I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at. Im hoping for alittle help and guidance towards a nice laptop. My budget is around 1000 dollars. I want to spend less though. Also, does anyone know when the next big sale is for ibuypower? Thank you.
    Right now, Lenovo has a great coupon discount price on this model:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops...01C9:00010256:

Seems to be the best price/performance/feature rich laptop that would be suitable for gaming under $1000.

Order fast!

Thanks, do you think the 2.4 ghz processor is good?
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs, and they do not fear.* They can not fear."

Deleted
    The CPU got a turbo mode and goes way above 3 Ghz when that kind of performance is demanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Right now, Lenovo has a great coupon discount price on this model:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops...01C9:00010256:

Seems to be the best price/performance/feature rich laptop that would be suitable for gaming under $1000.

Order fast!
    Not sure to be honest. It's a ~850-900$ laptop as far as specs are, just marked as a 1400$ discounted one for I guess marketing reasons. If you can stand the 13.3' screen on this one and have a spare monitor to attach when gaming at home it would be your best bet, otherwise the one above isn't bad, it just isn't that huge bargain lenovo is trying to make you think.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Not sure to be honest. It's a ~850-900$ laptop as far as specs are, just marked as a 1400$ discounted one for I guess marketing reasons. If you can stand the 13.3' screen on this one and have a spare monitor to attach when gaming at home it would be your best bet, otherwise the one above isn't bad, it just isn't that huge bargain lenovo is trying to make you think

It's the i7 that makes it more expensive.

It's the i7 that makes it more expensive.
    No, what I meant is that you can find the exact same specs for 850$. The one I linked has a better graphics card and in order to make space for it in the budget downgrades to an i5 (which isn't exactly a downgrade except for the 300 mhz lower speed as far as games are concerned, which accounts to ~10% performance)

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

No, what I meant is that you can find the exact same specs for 850$. The one I linked has a better graphics card and in order to make space for it in the budget downgrades to an i5 (which isn't exactly a downgrade except for the 300 mhz lower speed as far as games are concerned, which accounts to ~10% performance)
    Smaller monitor, lower quality CPU, not exactly 'the same specs.' No matter what, you're going to make sacrifices to get a gaming laptop below $1000. For someone who plays Wow CPU is more important than graphics card, as it is for productivity as well. I'd recommend the i7 with 755m graphics over the i5 with 765m graphics.

You guys think anyone could fine me gaming laptop with a graphics card better than Geforce GTX 560.. thats the one on my PC and i want to get it better than that. I actually want to up my budget up to 1200. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Demitorn View Post
    You guys think anyone could fine me gaming laptop with a graphics card better than Geforce GTX 560.. thats the one on my PC and i want to get it better than that. I actually want to up my budget up to 1200. Please help
    A GTX 755m is better than a GTX 560. It's two generations newer and has all kinds of better specs/features over the 560.

If you want something in the $1200 range, you can try http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops...01C9:00010254:

It has 2x GTX 755m graphics cards in SLI, instead of just the one. It's a little more than $1200, but probably the most inexpensive laptop you'll find atm that has two graphics cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this to the build/upgrade subforum!
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Smaller monitor, lower quality CPU, not exactly 'the same specs.' No matter what, you're going to make sacrifices to get a gaming laptop below $1000. For someone who plays Wow CPU is more important than graphics card, as it is for productivity as well. I'd recommend the i7 with 755m graphics over the i5 with 765m graphics.
    Again, it wasn't that laptop I was talking about. I'll spell it more clearly because you don't seem to understand: you can find other laptops with the exact same specs at that price, not the one I linked of which I stated the tradeoffs. And keep in mind that CPU is more important, sure, but there's a bare minimum you need to have as far as the GPU is concerned as well, and a 640 just won't cut it. Sacrificing 10% CPU performance will yield better overall performance in wow as well if you're gaining ~100% more GPU performance (because yes, going for a 765M is pretty much like going from a 640 to a 650 ti which has double the performance).

A GTX 755m is better than a GTX 560. It's two generations newer and has all kinds of better specs/features over the 560.

If you want something in the $1200 range, you can try http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops...01C9:00010254:

It has 2x GTX 755m graphics cards in SLI, instead of just the one. It's a little more than $1200, but probably the most inexpensive laptop you'll find atm that has two graphics cards.
    No, a GTX 755M isn't better than a 560. A 750M is more or less a 640 as far as specs and performance are concerned, and a 755M is just a slightly higher clocked version of a 750M. A GTX 560 is in performance between a 650 ti and a 650 ti boost and is therefore considerably better than a 640. I hope you realize that two generations doesn't necessarily mean it's a better card, especially if you're comparing a mobile version to a desktop one.

This laptop comes with a 770M, which is basically a heavily downclocked version of a 660 and should perform somewhere between the 650 ti boost and the 660, therefore better than the 560. Not only is it completely within your budget, but a 770M has pretty much the same performance as a single card of two 750M's, and due to the fact that the 755M are nothing but 750M's overclocked, there's no real difference between the two setups, but one comes with all the disadvantages of going with a double GPU setup.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2014-01-30 at 11:42 AM.