Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by briggz View Post
    Considering RMD and WMD are better than any comp a hunter can play I'm not sure what your getting at. Hunters are in a good spot but definetly not the top class in arena right now.

P.S. what nerf are you talking about? If your talking about the casting speed debuff nerf that was for several classes, not just hunters. Now hunters just run wolf in KFC for the crit buff which is huge for all classes in that comp.
    So, you haven't played agains KFC? What a strange thing to say. KFC takes the biggest dump on every other comp, especially RMD and WMD

Quote Originally Posted by Fully View Post
    hunters are and never have been atop of the PvP throne
    rofl

whole mist of pandaria are hunters at the TOP

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Forget hunters mages have been OP for two expansions by now
    This^ if deterrance is on cd, 2 mages ice lances can almost 2 shot me and I'm full griev Same with ele shammys Lava Burst or blast, and warriors I'm not 100% sure what ability they're using but 2 hits when deterrance is on cd I'm almost dead. So yeah I have to carefully use my cd's.

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    This^ if deterrance is on cd, 2 mages ice lances can almost 2 shot me and I'm full griev Same with ele shammys Lava Burst or blast, and warriors I'm not 100% sure what ability they're using but 2 hits when deterrance is on cd I'm almost dead. So yeah I have to carefully use my cd's.
    Are you new to hunter, or have u never played a mage?
    Try playing against a hunter as a mage with block and snap on cd, u WILL die in a silence on your healer from full hp if said hunter crits
    150kish chim shot (since it doesn't get reduced by 16% molten armor since u know, its magical WOOP), 30k pet claw + auto hits + quiver procs(low dmg yeah, but it adds up).. OH and thats 1 global now comes the aimed shot procs/arcane shot/killshot to rape u

And thats without thinking of a 2nd dps partner for 3s

So yeah, 2 mages might 2shot you (4 lance procs = 4 globals) but when 1 hunter can 1-2 global u its different

i dont deny that mages are strong, they really are, but any hunter complaining about mages should just quit the game

The only thing they need to do with hunters is to make the change someone in this forum posted, make chim shot physical and make it ignore 100% armor in pve only. so defensives like molten armor etc. works vs it. its such a stupid thing to give a pure physical class a magic ability as a main dmg source

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollatorklm View Post
    Are you new to hunter, or have u never played a mage?
    Try playing against a hunter as a mage with block and snap on cd, u WILL die in a silence on your healer from full hp if said hunter crits
    150kish chim shot (since it doesn't get reduced by 16% molten armor since u know, its magical WOOP), 30k pet claw + auto hits + quiver procs(low dmg yeah, but it adds up).. OH and thats 1 global now comes the aimed shot procs/arcane shot/killshot to rape u

So yeah, 2 mages might 2shot you (4 lance procs = 4 globals) but when 1 hunter can 1-2 global u its different

i dont deny that mages are strong, they really are, but any hunter complaining about mages should just quit the game

The only thing they need to do with hunters is to make the change someone in this forum posted, make chim shot physical and make it ignore 100% armor in pve only. so defensives like molten armor etc. works vs it. its such a stupid thing to give a pure physical class a magic ability as a main dmg source
    Don't forget we can dispel away your said procs too with tranq shot. So yea no hunter should be qqing about mages.

Trinket the deep freeze, take his procs away then kill him.

Deleted
    you should never loose to a double mage team in 2s as a mm hunter/healer, you have to many ways to stop dmg and kill someone before running out of cd.

I am full geared orc hunter with cd up I can only crit about 100k-105 (with racial and trinket) on a mage so 150k is totally fabricated number (unless the hunter has berserk buff in bg) I can't kill a mage in 1-2 globals no matter what, major exaggeration here

That doesn't mean that hunters are not strong or mages are week or anything of that sort, just trying to be realistic here...

Im reading this thread and I really dont know how hunters have bad defensives like people claim. Best kiting ability, FD to drop target, multiple ranged instant abilities to stop people, roar of sac, 10% passive DR talented w/ mail, 2 deterrs, 10% increased healing received (glyph), camo for opens.

Anyway maybe at like 2600 hunters are bad like some people claim, but hunters are ridiculously over the top right now to me. I am MUCH happier seeing mage/war teams than hunter teams. Thugcleave is by far the worst comp to face IMO, can't believe I dont see many of them (thank god).

Quote Originally Posted by Mohyoto View Post
    I am full geared orc hunter with cd up I can only crit about 100k-105 (with racial and trinket) on a mage so 150k is totally fabricated number (unless the hunter has berserk buff in bg) I can't kill a mage in 1-2 globals no matter what, major exaggeration here
    Well...Technically you can. Hardcasted aimed shot to aimed shot proc to chimera is 2 globals and if the mage is above 80% that can easily be 350k if chimera crits (since the aimed are pretty much guaranteed).
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2014-02-04 at 12:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    lol i see the whole point is lost on you. They don't work that way, so your thinking is flawed.

until you see a change in a blue your example is invalid. so any change they do to one effects the other.
    Wow. I can't believe how thick you must be for not seeing it, so I will lay it out for you in simpler terms.

Colossus Smash
    Smashes a target for 175% weapon damage plus 2218 and weakens their defenses, allowing your attacks to bypass 100% of their armor for 6 sec, and causes the Physical Vulnerability effect on the target. Bypasses less armor on players.

This ability was nerfed for PvP while still maintaining its power for PvE.

Korgoth is suggesting that such an approach could be used for any ability in game, including those of hunters, to maintain balance in each area of the game(PvP and PvE) without nerfs for one area impacting the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    Wow. I can't believe how thick you must be for not seeing it, so I will lay it out for you in simpler terms.

Colossus Smash
    Smashes a target for 175% weapon damage plus 2218 and weakens their defenses, allowing your attacks to bypass 100% of their armor for 6 sec, and causes the Physical Vulnerability effect on the target. Bypasses less armor on players.

This ability was nerfed for PvP while still maintaining its power for PvE.

Korgoth is suggesting that such an approach could be used for any ability in game, including those of hunters, to maintain balance in each area of the game(PvP and PvE) without nerfs for one area impacting the other.
    No sir i think you are the one who isn't getting it. Let me help you "See"

Could be used to do something doesn't make it fact in game.

The difference is im talking about how it is, and you are talking about how it "could be"

Its fun because there are 3 hunters in the top 50th and 8 warlocks and the mmo-champ pvp forum, as always, is the opposite of the reality
    I guess we know why noone takes this pvp forum seriously

So, I'm a little curious, I'm playing destro lock atm (which is fun) and I'm 2 pieces away from full grev. And hunters ... No. I can't kill them. I suck, I know. How can I beat them?

I don't do arena, I don't care about arena, it's more of a getting jumped/jumping a hunter in random bg/duel.

What to do inbtween chimaera shots, aimed shots, silencing shot, 3 sec stun, wyvern sting, deterrence, fucking pet, widow-heal reduction-cant-remember-the-whole-name, deterrence, feign death, camo, staying out of range for fear/shadowfury, potential shadowmeld, then in range for scatter/trap. I have no clue, really. Without defensives I am dead. With defensives, I'm as good as dead. it's their combination of short CCs and hard but unstoppable damage that fuck me over, I think. More often than not, MM hunters are the worst.

I would just appreciate some advice here

As far as the topic goes, I have no idea This is mostly for 3s I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    So, I'm a little curious, I'm playing destro lock atm (which is fun) and I'm 2 pieces away from full grev. And hunters ... No. I can't kill them. I suck, I know. How can I beat them?

I don't do arena, I don't care about arena, it's more of a getting jumped/jumping a hunter in random bg/duel.

What to do inbtween chimaera shots, aimed shots, silencing shot, 3 sec stun, wyvern sting, deterrence, fucking pet, widow-heal reduction-cant-remember-the-whole-name, deterrence, feign death, camo, staying out of range for fear/shadowfury, potential shadowmeld, then in range for scatter/trap. I have no clue, really. Without defensives I am dead. With defensives, I'm as good as dead. it's their combination of short CCs and hard but unstoppable damage that fuck me over, I think. More often than not, MM hunters are the worst.

I would just appreciate some advice here

As far as the topic goes, I have no idea This is mostly for 3s I assume?
    Play affli against hunters 1v1. With afflic lock you can destroy pretty much everything except from fmage.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is true, I don't know how many times i'v died while in deterrence because it doesn't block dot's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Its fun because there are 3 hunters in the top 50th and 8 warlocks and the mmo-champ pvp forum, as always, is the opposite of the reality
    I guess we know why noone takes this pvp forum seriously
    I agree. Hunter damage is over the top. Warlocks as an entire class (damage, defenses, CCs, utility etc.) are over the top. I'm so entirely sick of LSD this season. What a skill-less comp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odyseas View Post
    Play affli against hunters 1v1. With afflic lock you can destroy pretty much everything except from fmage.
    And don't worry about them, since ele shams rape for you.

Where is written that they will get nerfed? oOR waht will get nerfed? I cant find it anywhere in this thread...

Hunter never get nerf, they only get more and more every patch. Sick dmg was always we got used to it. Meanwhile they got it all.

- Sick dmg-check
    - Absurd amount of instant unavoidable cc-check
    - Major def CDs-check
    - Good self heal- Check
    - Knockback- check
    - Double Trinket- check
    - Dmg on the move- check
    - Stealth - check

i mean lol, that shit is ridiculous

I dont know even what i could add on the list that some1 else has that they dont...

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Where is written that they will get nerfed? oOR waht will get nerfed? I cant find it anywhere in this thread...

Hunter never get nerf, they only get more and more every patch. Sick dmg was always we got used to it. Meanwhile they got it all.

- Sick dmg-check
    - Absurd amount of instant unavoidable cc-check
    - Major def CDs-check
    - Good self heal- Check
    - Knockback- check
    - Double Trinket- check
    - Dmg on the move- check
    - Stealth - check

I dont know even what i could add on the list that some1 else has that they dont...
    Self heals suck (and that they heal for crazy amounts at the end of a match is due to healing on pet beeing counted)

Also, double tinket is bm only, and no one is bm right now.

Also @ the guy claiming casted aimed shot into aimed crit into chim shot, how do you manage that, if you have a aimed proc you cant harcast and you cant get a proc while casting aimed or can you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zodjsp View Post
    enhance shaman
    Enhance is always at its strongest during the expansions first season. I would watch out for them come WoD.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post

- Sick dmg-check
    - Absurd amount of instant unavoidable cc-check (if you can't avoid our cc it's a L2P issue sorry)
    - Major def CDs-check ( we have 1 with 2 charges and it stops all our dmg while it's going on, good try though)
    - Good self heal- Check ( an 18k tick heal every 3 sec lol if you can't dmg through that you have problems )
    - Knockback- check ( has to be glyphed not so great )
    - Double Trinket- check ( only as BM - As stated most are MM at this point )
    - Dmg on the move- check
    - Stealth - check ( again has to be glyphed )

Learn the class you're fighting and maybe you will understand how to fight it. Don't blame L2P issues with being OP in any way.

Hunters have been nerfd time and time again this patch all in the name of pvp.

Deleted
    Just recently we got our Readiness removed, we got our pet cc on 2 mins cd, they nerfed goat, silencing shot only for MM, over exaggerating again as usual???

Good self heal- Check ( an 18k tick heal every 3 sec lol if you can't dmg through that you have problems
    There is no such thing as 18K ticks you duel pro. With battle fatigue the heal is aprox. 8k, If u can't heal through this than you do have problems!!!!

PS: @ the guys saying you can hard cast aimed into instant aimed, plss teach me how to do this !!!! Hard casting aimed shot into instant is impassible! LEft alone doing 300k dmg to a full geared mage in a global, as you claim!!!!

L2p you damn class and stop bitching!!!!

Deleted
    Note: The "10%" buff you're talking about was a 8% total AP buff, not 10%.(going from 125% to 135% is not the same as 100 to 110) Which is less than 8% damage. About 6% damage increase for BM, 5% for survival and 4-4.5% for MM.

It's also worth noting that the hard hitting MM abilities like Aimed Shot and Chimera Shot were only increased ~3% in damage from this buff. It's not as significant as people want it to be. Most of the damage increase was serpent sting and pet damage.
    Last edited by mmoce8f8bee469; 2014-02-05 at 07:50 AM.