Poll: ???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Ukraine

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    The EU might publicly protest, but it would be purely for appearances sake. Behind the scenes they would be shaking our hands and thanking us.
    The governments? Possible, but I don't even think that'd be the case. The population? Never.

Deleted
    The EU might publicly protest, but it would be purely for appearances sake. Behind the scenes they would be shaking our hands and thanking us.
    Yeah, we enjoyed the last century so much we want another round, please arrange it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Given up on your dream of living off the land in Siberia then? You won't be able to do that as an American if another cold war kicks off.

- - - Updated - - -

The Ukraine is a former soviet state, invading it would cause a shit storm from both Russia and the EU, the USA would be left without any allies at all in the west.
    I already predict this happening. Germany will take over NATO and will lead Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we enjoyed the last century so much we want another round, please arrange it for us.
    Hey you guys arranged the first 2, well germany in particular, but well Germany is the powerhouse of the EU last i checked
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

As an American ... WHAT THE HELL?
    What hardships did you go through as Brit during the Cold War? None. There were few problems for us in the western world. The only things we had to protest was our treatment of eastern folk. We had it just as good as we have it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Hey you guys arranged the first 2, well germany in particular, but well Germany is the powerhouse of the EU last i checked
    You had your share of the cake, too.

I know that I sure do. A second cold war between Russia and the EU has been building for some time now.
    When people start saying that they are hoping for cold wars, or any wars in general, you know someones bloodline was missed at the last holocaust..

They sure did enjoy all of those handouts we gave them with the Marshall Plan. It's not as though half of Europe has been annexed by Russia this time around. The best they have is Belarus, which is already firmly in their camp, regardless of whether or not there is a second cold war. All former Warsaw Pact and Soviet states that are members of NATO will be safe, thanks to Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty.

rather sure EU and the rest of the world has already had enough of your shit. you should learn to mind your own business.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    As an American ... WHAT THE HELL?
    What hardships did you go through as Brit during the Cold War? None. There were few problems for us in the western world. The only things we had to protest was our treatment of eastern folk. We had it just as good as we have it now.
    Last century we had 2 world wars in which many european countries still bear the scars, the cold war also fucked over half of Europe for 50 years, the UK was unaffected by it but the same cannot be said about the UKraine, you know the country this thread is about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You had your share of the cake, too.
    nope we had nothing to do with WW1 till the end and all we did was sanction Japan for raping china
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Last century we had 2 world wars in which many european countries still bear the scars, the cold war also fucked over half of Europe for 50 years, the UK was unaffected by it but the same cannot be said about the UKraine, you know the country this thread is about?
    He/she is American, so...no.

It was all nice and pretty behind the Iron Curtain, ask Poland for example, they'd love to tell you about the support they got from the US.

They sure did enjoy all of those handouts we gave them with the Marshall Plan. It's not as though half of Europe has been annexed by Russia this time around. The best they have is Belarus, which is already firmly in their camp, regardless of whether or not there is a second cold war. All former Warsaw Pact and Soviet states that are members of NATO will be safe, thanks to Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty.
    its not a handout, if you earn money doing it (America sure did earn it all back with interest once thoose accepting the deal was able to payback)

nope we had nothing to do with WW1 till the end and all we did was sanction Japan for raping china
    Hint: Not talking about the WWs, but about your muscle flexing in the cold war.

Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    its not a handout, if you earn money doing it (America sure did earn it all back with interest once thoose accepting the deal was able to payback)
    They paid us back by buying our stuff. We did the same thing after the first World War and reaped a profit after it. Rebuilding wartorn Europe so that they can buy American goods is as American as regime change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hint: Not talking about the WWs, but about your muscle flexing in the cold war.
    Like helping France in Vietnam or SK in the Korean war?

Like helping France in Vietnam or SK in the Korean war?
    Rapacki plan and your recon flights in the UDSSR airspace?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah Russia STILL sends flights into our airspace to see our reaction times and as far as the Rapacki plan goes the UK was against it as well

The Rapacki Plan was opposed by Europeans, as well as Americans. It completely went against everything West Germany stood for, as they didn't even recognize the DDR. Plus the plan was crazy, as "demilitarizing" West Germany would leave them defenseless against the Soviet Union. The Warsaw Pact wasn't the main threat, the Soviet Union was.

Bah Russia STILL sends flights into our airspace to see our reaction times and as far as the Rapacki plan goes the UK was against it as well
    Uk and west Germany were against it, right, but at least Germany (and I guess the same applies to UK) were US fanboys at the time and would have done the same thing as the US.

I can't disagree with your first point, but certainly the impact of such actions was different in the cold war then it is now.