Deleted

2s Tips vs Hunter+war comp

Was just wondering are there any tips for a Mage/ret 2s comp vs Hunter+warrior teams?

Currently sat around the 1550s mark but when facing a team (hunters mainly) we just seem to get wrecked by them

Hunters dominate 2s because they can CC one target forever while also doing crazy damage to another. Especially against Mages, Hunters win most of the time in double DPS setups.

As for what to do, your best bet is chain CC on the Warrior and kill their Hunter. Hunters die really fast, so it shouldn't be too hard to kill them. Deep freeze the Warrior into Polymorphs, while throwing all your procs at the Hunter. With the Ret on him too you should be able to kill him relatively fast.

Mage/Ret is really good at running away, don't be afraid to freeze both of them and run back to your area to heal up and eat/drink for health. Kiting is what makes Mages strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Hunters dominate 2s because they can CC one target forever while also doing crazy damage to another. Especially against Mages, Hunters win most of the time in double DPS setups.

As for what to do, your best bet is chain CC on the Warrior and kill their Hunter. Hunters die really fast, so it shouldn't be too hard to kill them. Deep freeze the Warrior into Polymorphs, while throwing all your procs at the Hunter. With the Ret on him too you should be able to kill him relatively fast.

Mage/Ret is really good at running away, don't be afraid to freeze both of them and run back to your area to heal up and eat/drink for health. Kiting is what makes Mages strong.
    Ist what i do when i play on my ele. The funny Thing is (with double deterrance n stuff) after i ran the whole game and healed myself while trying to do some dmg i finally get destroyed. Then you see the Arena stats and the hunter did more healing then me while i was the only one who actually healed. OK!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Ist what i do when i play on my ele. The funny Thing is (with double deterrance n stuff) after i ran the whole game and healed myself while trying to do some dmg i finally get destroyed. Then you see the Arena stats and the hunter did more healing then me while i was the only one who actually healed. OK!
    If spirit bond out healed you, then it took you way too long to put dmg on the hunter. If spirit bond healed for that much, you must not have been bursting very hard.
    If he deterrence's just don't burst ( hold it till it's over ) then put everything you have into it to get the kill. If he's bm CC,Root,snare his pet and kill him. If he's any other spec ignore the pet and kill the hunter full time.

If it's the warrior giving you the problems Root,Snare and CC his ass into oblivion.

warrior is the problem, not the hunter.

As mage ret you have so many ways to destroy their cc chain. If they go on the mage (which they should) ret will never get trapped since he can stick hand of sac on the mage at the start and at that rating no hunter is going to be dispelling it.

Just don't be bad and cc into a spell reflect, warrior is easy enough to control while you blow up the hunter.