Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Beat that, 2 or 3 resets without a coined drop and when I finally get a drop from Shamans HC, hoping for that heroic or hc wfg haromm's, I dropped a hc wfg cloak... imagine the rage and disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    WF/TF is a great idea. Otherwise you're done farming so quickly and bored. Nothing to aim for. No use for coins. Having even 1 possible upgrade 5 months into the tier after it's been on farm for 2 months keeps raiding interesting.

It has several goals it handles well.

It increases power curve without the need for blanket nerfs.

It rewards those who raid consistently, and encourages continued raiding even after full heroic gear. This is good for guilds, who don't have to replace people who quit between tiers, and helps keep people consistent.

It provides an additional use for coins/valor, long after they otherwise have become 100% useless.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2014-02-08 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It rewards those who raid consistently, and encourages continued raiding even after full heroic gear. This is good for guilds, who don't have to replace people who quit between tiers, and helps keep people consistent.
    It rewards luck. It doesn't matter if you coin/kill X boss a 15 times or 1 time, the guy with 1 kill can have the +6ilvl item while the one with 15 kills might not. People quit or not anyway, getting gear capped has nothing to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo coins cause more rage and disappointment than they are worth ,ppl cant seem to realize that your getting SOMETHING even if its gold... we never got that before and people were ok with it
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    Imo coins cause more rage and disappointment than they are worth ,ppl cant seem to realize that your getting SOMETHING even if its gold... we never got that before and people were ok with it
    I don't know -- in my experience the vast majority of people are fine with coins, because they understand that gold (and motes, and stuff) are still a reward, and the bonus roll is just that, a bonus. I mean, in our thirty raiders in three raid teams, plus a bunch of flex and LFR people, we have had two complaints over the last six months that bonus rolls suck. (At least, in more than the sense I cursed one last week: Thok dropped my pike *again*, and not the trinket I want. Just like he drops the healer trinket every second week in main loot, and not my trinket

They seem to trigger the complaint factor from people who think that, eg, bonus rolls should never, ever reward something you already have, and things like that. I assume they would also prefer that, eg, int plate never dropped in main loot in the raid where we don't have a holy pally, since that is equally useless.

I understand the position, which is basically that Blizzard should make WoW gearing a matter of a grind, not luck: you put in X hours, and you are getting Y reward, no question about it -- rather than having a chance to never see Y. eg: kill the boss ten, or twenty, times in 10 person raids, and you have given every possible loot reward to every member of the raid, so now it can stop dropping anything, and you *know* that if you kill it that many times your item is yours.

I just don't think that getting BiS is actually the point of the thing. I do this for challenge, and fun, and neither of those demands loot -- especially not a steady, progressive loot system that gives everyone the same power. I don't even think PvP should be like that, but I understand why folks want rated PvP to have that same smooth curve to reduce the influence of gear on the game.