Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Feel free to disagree with me. But don't write a novel of nothingness..
    "I disagree" is more than enough.
    My point only showed to what you did wrong. It is not me disagreeing - I am pointing out your logical flaws.

I read that "black holes do not exist" is the popsci version. The actual version is "black holes as they were originally conceived do not exist."

Stephen Hawkings: I have come up with an alternative theory to solve the information paradox. *tries desperately to dumb it down for the news media*

News: Stephen Hawkings says black holes don't exist!

Person: See! Science is always changing it's mind. There's no such thing as knowledge!

Fundamentalist: God is angry! Repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Stephen Hawkings: I have come up with an alternative theory to solve the information paradox. *tries desperately to dumb it down for the news media*

News: Stephen Hawkings says black holes don't exist!

Person: See! Science is always changing it's mind. There's no such thing as knowledge!

Fundamentalist: God is angry! Repent!
    I imagine this is quite accurate.

Deleted
    Comments and reactions to Hawking are pretty sad to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Somebody needs to invent a device that enables people in the advanced stages of ALS to facepalm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    That's primarily because the media are lying. Hawking's not saying these supermassive objects don't exist. He's only saying that there isn't this one property that they are assumed to have which is that there's a certain point of no return where spacetime is simply curved in such a way that there isn't a path light could ever take to escape the black hole (i.e. there's no event horizon).