Poll: Upgradeable loot by vendor

Wouldn't it be nice to have sunwell style upgradeable loot once again?

Wouldn't it be a good idea, if we had sunwell style to upgrade loot once again?

Something in the style of:

1x Mythic Token / Echoes of war
    +
    1x Normal / Heroic item

To upgrade the given item to Normal Warforged / Heroic Warforged. etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm down with everything EXCEPT "shared boss loot" like they did it in Dragon Soul: I still haven't seen that ring drop one time.

I don't even think that "warforged" is even necessary in WoD.

which is why warforged is blended with a possibility for gem slots and bonus stats (all of which arent mutually exclusive but its rather rare to get a combination of 2 and even more rare for all 3)

I see the sunwell as a sort of proto-system that was a test they carried out. they looked at the data and setup what came later. But the system by itself wasnt suitable to continue beyond that raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I don't even think that "warforged" is even necessary in WoD.
    Well, since the whole point of it was to address the logistical blance between 10 and 25 which is now gone. I think you are right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Wouldn't it be a good idea, if we had sunwell style to upgrade loot once again?

Something in the style of:

1x Mythic Token / Echoes of war
    +
    1x Normal / Heroic item

To upgrade the given item to Normal Warforged / Heroic Warforged. etc.
    They re-tried it in Firelands... Never hea about anyone who liked it..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

it's more like firelands style and that was awful. Sunwell items weren't upgradable but rather exchangable to item for different spec e.g. plate dps to plate healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You kind of got the Sunwell loot system wrong.

There were no upgrades but you could hand in an item plus a Sunmote and exchange it for another item with different stats. That's how you turned a Chain Links of the Tumultuous Storm (a kilt for elemental shamans with crit/haste) into Kilt of Spiritual Reconstruction (a kilt for restoration shamans with spirit/haste).

It was a cool idea at the time. However, with the loot system changing as fundamentally as it is going to in WoD - what with there being no spirit and no hit anymore on regular armor items - the Sunwell loot exchange system isn't coming back.

And that poll up there is kind of useless too, considering that it mistakes the Sunwell loot thing for an upgrade system.

First of all, sunwell loot didn't work that way.

And no, I don't want to pay 10,000 gold worth of orbs just to exchange a spi/haste item into a spi/crit item early on in a tier.

They have this in SoO heroic with trash drops (same as Firelands).

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I'm down with everything EXCEPT "shared boss loot" like they did it in Dragon Soul: I still haven't seen that ring drop one time.
    I'm pretty sure shared boss loot also exists in ToT... and maybe in SoO... not sure about the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    I'm pretty sure shared boss loot also exists in ToT... and maybe in SoO... not sure about the latter.
    ToT: Yes definitely.
    SoO: I don't think so, just the trash loot.

But it has never been as bad as in Dragon Soul. It's 8 bosses with 12 shared items, shouldn't be too hard. The ToT items I've actually seen drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    Well, since the whole point of it was to address the logistical blance between 10 and 25 which is now gone. I think you are right.
    The point was to keep raiders subscribed after they had cleared a raid, both normal and heroic guilds.

"Balancing 10v25" was just a bonus way to spin it for Blizzard... thus they are keeping it (and adding even more RNG) to WoD.

Personally the best system like this existed in Ulduar, with Emblems of Conquest. Each boss gave you one emblem, and then if you did them on hard mode, or even medium mode you got some more, and then there were bonus ones to be had from things like the Freya Elders. A quartermaster who sells you two pieces of the tier set (chest and head if I remember) at quite a high price, but something you are willing to pay if you just get unlucky, and then sells a load of other stuff such as non tier gear, rings and trinkets. Then when you have all you need you had the option of either downgrading the emblems, buying some PvP gear with them (correct me if I am wrong there, not sure), or buying Runed Orbs with them, which you could then either use for yourself or guildies for crafted gear, or start selling on the AH to make huge profits, and rightfully so, I miss the days when heroic raiding used to come with a sizable gold reward.

The best thing was these badges were from the raid only (and Emalon, which I can live with), and this quartermaster was there to offer alternative or emergency gear to raiders, and not just a quartermaster for casuals to get some gear with (as was the later evolution with Emblems of Triumph).

This has been the best system in my opinion, of compensation for bad luck on loot, as well as a decent reward for raiding, even if you don't get loot.