Poll: Will Expansion Set #6 have a New Class? Or a Singular, Feature Piece like WoD?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So with WoD they aren't giving us a new class/race/profession. Instead they're giving us reworks of currently existing in-game models which is a far greater investment over a new race that will be thrown to the side and forgotten about. So, that being said, Cata and MoP both fit the race/class cycle, Cata had two new races, and MoP had a new class, WoD is releasing new character models, and I believe that the next expansion will release a fourth spec. After that expansion then they will probably return to the new models/classes cycle for a time.

I don't think they're going to go two expansions with no new races or classes. Then again, I didn't really think they were going to go one without them either. I'd like to think they're considering Iron Horde-style tinkers, like Steam Warriors or Siegemasters, because taking the technology of a defeated enemy only makes sense. But it could be anything. Or nothing.

Deleted
    it will be a North Korean theme where we will invade united with all might a zone or continent, slaughter all peons and farmers only to find that we were controled by a Sha of Being Bad and thats the final boss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I don't think they're going to go two expansions with no new races or classes. Then again, I didn't really think they were going to go one without them either. I'd like to think they're considering Iron Horde-style tinkers, like Steam Warriors or Siegemasters, because taking the technology of a defeated enemy only makes sense. But it could be anything. Or nothing.
    It would be interesting if they're using the Iron Horde as a set up for the horde being able to utilize technology beyond only the Goblins. I know the Alliance were salvaging tech from Pandaria and Orgrimmar during Siege. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing occur again in WoD.

Here's some examples of the Iron Horde tech;

The foundation of all Iron Horde technology is a primitive, coal-fired centrifugal engine which can be used to turn wheels, belts, and chains, allowing for the construction of crude vehicles and siege weapons including tanks, cannons, and chariots. The Kor'kron Iron Star, an early, unmounted version of this engine, was first unleashed by orcish siege engineers during the final battle of the Siege of Orgrimmar, and it is this technology that Garrosh smuggles into the past. The Kor'kron Iron Star was incorporated into the final encounter with Garrosh during the Siege of Orgrimmar specifically to foreshadow the Iron Horde.[1]
    http://wowpedia.org/Iron_star

All of this salvaged tech needs to go somewhere.

2 Races, Ogre and ethreal.
    Demon hunter class.
    Burning legion.
    Level cap 110.
    New profession: Shadow weaving.

I'M CALLING IT.

EDIT: Also, return of the lich king.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Well if WOD is going to be about Draenor and the orcs including Gul'dan, it's 99% sure that the expansion after that is going to be about the burning legion. Nothing else would make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    As stated: WoW2 start at level 1 in a new history line of Azeroth.

15 million will be back to see it. Certainly with the movie launch.
    I love this idea.

I have given up speculating. Stupid Pandas and now alternate dimensions and time travel are so left field they could throw anything at us next.

I think the WoW pattern will continue.

TBC: New races
    WotLK: New Class
    Cataclysm: New Races
    MoP: New Class
    WoD: New Races (model revamp)
    Expansion 6: New Class

I have no idea what the new class will be. Hopefully something different and interesting.

Can I reuse my last expansion predictions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I have given up speculating. Stupid Pandas and now alternate dimensions and time travel are so left field they could throw anything at us next.
    i can feel for this. and in a business aspect, you are not aiming for a certain crowd, but a broader audience to allow the maximum amount of subscribers. to the topic question, Cata was a world revamp and WoD is a character/creature revamp. I think xpack 6 could possibly be item/structure revamp. reason being they always hinted at visible quivers, items with more polygons.. it just makes sense to work on stuctures. Imagine Ironforge mailboxes or Ogrimmar mailboxes where you can actually see the distinction in the metal chains, wood, and rock.

think of it this way. the game in 2004 could run fine on integrated graphics and had cards like this: http://www.nvnews.net/previews/gefor...gs/index.shtml
    but its been nearly 10 years. and i know you have a cartoony/non-realistic style for WoW. But in order to catch up with the times, you have to sacrifice work resources to things like revamps.

If you dont have many competitors in the MMO business, I might as well take the time to clean things up. If there are possible threats like Wildstar or Elder Scrolls Online, then yea.. I would throw in a game changer like a new class or race. Sometimes, its just not needed to draw people in.

- - - Updated - - -

I love your 4th spec predictions! on a side note, I own this: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/world-of-warcraft-dk-publishing/1114569200?ean=9781465414441
    and in that big book, there are so many unanswered questions that they can implement in order to create more expansions. another 3-5 easily just by skimming. go check it out!
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

It´s hard to say because they´re surprising us every time they launch a new expansion, but I guess that we will see hints of it on patch 6.3 - 6.4 (Timeless Isle point to a traveltime related theme for next expansion).

It will suck a lot if we just discovered original Draenor and, after WoD, they buried it like Outland or Northrend, I mean, it´s a world (a BIG one), there are other continents, I really expect that we get the chance to explore more of it.

With this said, the list for possible expansions is large:

- Possible revamp of a continent (Outland, Northrend). Yes, they can do it again.
    - Azshara pulling out to the surface a new continent or us going to the sea to kill her.
    - Depths of Azeroth (a subterranean continent). Very pausible in my opinion knowing that all the servants of the Old Gods come from there plus Ra-Den words.
    - South Seas (probably in the same X-Pac that Azshara but who knows).
    - Liberation of Draeneis main planet (Argus).
    - Visit any planet that they want us to visit for any reason (Burning Legion servants planets, Ethereals planet, Naarus planet...).
    - The other side of Azeroth continents (way too much water, something will appear there sooner or later).
    - Emerald Dream (highly doubt it but...).
    - Another traveltime experience to Old Azeroth.
    - Etc. etc. etc. etc.

- Forgot my favourite ¡¡¡ TITANSSSS¡¡ We have to visit a TITAN planet ¡¡¡
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2014-01-31 at 01:04 AM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what is meant by 'singular Feature Piece'. What's the one in WoD, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I don't understand what is meant by 'singular Feature Piece'. What's the one in WoD, for example?
    Garrisons.

For me it´s ok if they don´t give us more features. Let them focus on give us a lot of what we have now, improving old stuff (which is more or less what they´re doing on WoD and I´m happy for it).
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2014-01-31 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Garrisons.
    Oh, okay, cool. Well, I'd like to see something like that grow, certainly. In Wildstar Online you have guild garrisons and capture raid bosses to put there as guards in case enemy players lay siege to it. Could be a neat new element to PvP to have something like that.

Oh, okay, cool. Well, I'd like to see something like that grow, certainly. In Wildstar Online you have guild garrisons and capture raid bosses to put there as guards in case enemy players lay siege to it. Could be a neat new element to PvP to have something like that.
    I´m loving the actual concept of Garrisons, I can´t wait to start playing with it, but as you said, there is a lot of improvement there, they already know that. I can´t remember which interview is but they said that they hope to improve them over the expansions.

Path of the Titans. Pleaaaseeee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Can I reuse my last expansion predictions?
    I doubt we'll be taking on the legion before Azshara and N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of a setting, existing possibilities would be the Great Seas and the Emerald Dream, both of which I think could support a full expansion on their own, provided they are fleshed out the way Pandaria was. A 'Dark Below/Underworld' themed expansion would also be super rad, although there's not a lot of existing lore to support it, other than Azjol-Nerub (which was a zone Blizzard was developing but then cut from Wrath).

If we get a Legion expansion next though, it could take place on some Legion infested worlds - maybe modern Outlands will get some expanding with new zones, or the un-used dark portals there can transport us to other worlds. Or just straight up take us to Argus. It could happen.

In terms of a setting, existing possibilities would be the Great Seas and the Emerald Dream, both of which I think could support a full expansion on their own, provided they are fleshed out the way Pandaria was. A 'Dark Below/Underworld' themed expansion would also be super rad, although there's not a lot of existing lore to support it, other than Azjol-Nerub (which was a zone Blizzard was developing but then cut from Wrath).

If we get a Legion expansion next though, it could take place on some Legion infested worlds - maybe modern Outlands will get some expanding with new zones, or the un-used dark portals there can transport us to other worlds. Or just straight up take us to Argus. It could happen.
    Other continents on Azeroth? Unlikely but possible. Too many reasons to get into.

The Burning Legio has no reason to be interested in Outland. Its a barren world striped of resources, and according to Cata and MoP, just about everyone migrated through the portal to Azeroth; very few people remain there.

I'm thinking additional continents on Draenor, other worlds, or alternate planes.