View Poll Results: Will Expansion Set #6 have a New Class? Or a Singular, Feature Piece like WoD?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will have a New Class, Race, or Profession.

    95 77.87%
  • It will have a singular Feature Piece like WoD.

    27 22.13%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    In terms of a setting, existing possibilities would be the Great Seas and the Emerald Dream, both of which I think could support a full expansion on their own, provided they are fleshed out the way Pandaria was. A 'Dark Below/Underworld' themed expansion would also be super rad, although there's not a lot of existing lore to support it, other than Azjol-Nerub (which was a zone Blizzard was developing but then cut from Wrath).

    If we get a Legion expansion next though, it could take place on some Legion infested worlds - maybe modern Outlands will get some expanding with new zones, or the un-used dark portals there can transport us to other worlds. Or just straight up take us to Argus. It could happen.

  2. #42
    Herald of the Titans Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftains
    Posts
    2,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    In terms of a setting, existing possibilities would be the Great Seas and the Emerald Dream, both of which I think could support a full expansion on their own, provided they are fleshed out the way Pandaria was. A 'Dark Below/Underworld' themed expansion would also be super rad, although there's not a lot of existing lore to support it, other than Azjol-Nerub (which was a zone Blizzard was developing but then cut from Wrath).

    If we get a Legion expansion next though, it could take place on some Legion infested worlds - maybe modern Outlands will get some expanding with new zones, or the un-used dark portals there can transport us to other worlds. Or just straight up take us to Argus. It could happen.
    Other continents on Azeroth? Unlikely but possible. Too many reasons to get into.

    The Burning Legio has no reason to be interested in Outland. Its a barren world striped of resources, and according to Cata and MoP, just about everyone migrated through the portal to Azeroth; very few people remain there.

    I'm thinking additional continents on Draenor, other worlds, or alternate planes.

  3. #43
    Absolutely no way of guessing until we get some indication of what it'll be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Other continents on Azeroth? Unlikely but possible. Too many reasons to get into.
    It is pretty full. But the best idea I've heard for a 'Great Seas/Azshara' expansion would be Azshara and her naga causing portions of ancient kalimdor that sank to the bottom of the ocean during the Sundering to rise up, forming a new island-continent centered around the Maelstrom. They would form the bulk of the new zones, with existing islands like Kezan and Kul Tiras included as faction bases, extra zones, etc.

    Could be any number of zones underground. And obviously the Dream would be in an alternate plane.

    The Burning Legio has no reason to be interested in Outland. Its a barren world striped of resources, and according to Cata and MoP, just about everyone migrated through the portal to Azeroth; very few people remain there.
    But there is a stable portal there that leads right to Azeroth.

    I'm thinking additional continents on Draenor, other worlds, or alternate planes.
    That is also possible. WoD hints at an entire continent of ogre empires that existed in the past - fragments of it may have survived to form other floating land-masses in modern Outland as well.

    For an expansion set in other planes, we could always go and explore more of the elemental planes - we only see bits of Firelands, Skywall, and Abyssal Maw, and there could be other regions in Deepholm and the others we never got to see. I'd love to see what's happened to Firelands after Ragnaros' death and Deepholm after its infestation with the Curse of Flesh.

  5. #45
    Herald of the Titans Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftains
    Posts
    2,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    But there is a stable portal there that leads right to Azeroth.



    That is also possible. WoD hints at an entire continent of ogre empires that existed in the past - fragments of it may have survived to form other floating land-masses in modern Outland as well.

    For an expansion set in other planes, we could always go and explore more of the elemental planes - we only see bits of Firelands, Skywall, and Abyssal Maw, and there could be other regions in Deepholm and the others we never got to see. I'd love to see what's happened to Firelands after Ragnaros' death and Deepholm after its infestation with the Curse of Flesh.
    Well, Azeroth isn't really full. I can name a dozern other MMOs and fantasy settings that have 6+ continents and you can easily keep track of them all.

    Then just wield an iris onto the portal like Stargate, better yet just dismantle the whole thing.

    Or-gre kingdom? Exactly what I was talking bout!

  6. #46
    As much as I don't think the game needs any more classes, races or professions, I'm sure they're going to dream one up and try to fit it in somehow.

  7. #47
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyina View Post
    As much as I don't think the game needs any more classes, races or professions, I'm sure they're going to dream one up and try to fit it in somehow.
    Yeah, I think the missing mail armor class is a pretty big indicator that at least one more class will be in WoW.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •