Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm not entirely sure, but most world firsts (not realm, though) were done by mob tagging, right? Like that Athene guy. And I was slow because of bugged quests, stopping for herbs, and well, maybe a little laziness.

Firslty, I have been playing World of Warcraft since 2004 so this is my personal view over the last 10 years.

With that being said If you asked me this question 3-4 years ago I would of easily said yes.. now I will say no. This is because back in Vanilla on your server you knew almost everyone. You had people you loved and people you despised and all it took was a ./rude to start an entire PvP war. (R.I.P.)

Back in Vanilla you could just by looking at a character know who it was just by gear. This was even true in TBC but that changed drastically in WOTLK. If you fast forward to today so much has changed and with so many people playing WoW it's almost impossible to tell people apart. The game has developed and changed over the years as does everything in life to what the general population wanted/wants.

Back on topic:
    I agree with the statements above that 99% of the people won't get to see or acknowledge the title or even know it exist as that section of WoW has diminished. There are very few things that make you stop in your tracks in WoW these days and very few respectable items in game. I could easily list fewer items on my two hands than I have fingers that make me personally 'gasp' in WoW.

Blizzard has done an amazing job catering everyones needs in WoW and not enough people give them credit for that. There are titles and achievements that the select few or 'elite few' can obtain. Yet, people don't even notice this or very few do. I have the 'the Immoirtal" title on my account and with that comes the black drake which I love and worked hard obtaining (with 24 other people). I might get a random whisper once or twice a month acknowledging the title and drake as most whispers these days are 'how do you get that' or 'I want that!'. Times have changed and will always change.

TLDR: No, they should not add future elite/realm first titles as World of Warcraft has developed and changed over the years to a less intense community and the tittles would go unnoticed by many.

~Spazzer
    Last edited by Spazzer; 2014-02-01 at 05:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I think they're stupid. Make a title that 99% of people will never see GJ, including on other players.
    Yeah, because I totally couldn't stand it if someone had a title I couldn't get. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    You aren't allowed to be special in this game anymore, has to be one with the masses to not bruise any delusional ego. Once a nameless drone, forever a nameless drone.
    You know what really pisses me off? The fact that in wrath they gave everyone realm first titles for raids then for the actual end boss of the expansion, they refused to give out a realm first title... Why not keep it the same through the entire expansion. It still makes me furious.

Quote Originally Posted by TZM View Post
    Someone here told that it takes huge amounts of time to get realm first lvl80... Well sorry pal, but no it didnt. First ones got it in 24hours, and after that like 36 hours.. Something like that, witch bay the way is not THAT much for grown up person! As when it comes to professions - it was just matter of few hours... in some cases (first aid etc.) it was minutes, all you needed was gold.
    A grown up usually has responsibilities, like a job, or even friends/family. So it's much harder than if it were a young adult or a child.

Only if they were retroactively applied to realm firsts across every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzer View Post
    No, they should not add future elite/realm first titles as World of Warcraft has developed and changed over the years to a less intense community
    i think trying to recapture the good times, going back would be a step in the right direction.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week a man robs a gas station with a BOOMERANG? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    A grown up usually has responsibilities, like a job, or even friends/family. So it's much harder than if it were a young adult or a child.
    if you want realm first you can just take a few days off, me myself have no real job, but I have heard plenty who take 1-2 weeks off to play games, and I dont see anything wrong with that, some people like to travel, and some like to be the top raider

I'm just saying its possible
    Last edited by mannenabo; 2014-02-01 at 10:14 AM.

Aren't there still Achievements for realm first stuff though in WoD?
    Valar Morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    As far as I know they said they were removing realm first achievements for professions/leveling, I'm going to assume the guild FoS for each tier will be the same, though only being realm first mythic rather than Realm First Heroic 10 and Realm First Heroic 25.

I think the removal of titles was fine, though I would love to see more mounts be 100% drop off the last boss and then moved to 1% drop the next tier. Something that is a visual representation of an accomplishment, while also avaliable to everyone even when the content is no longer relevant.

Hack even the normal Garrosh mount got me a few whispers and such from guilds/players who knew what it was and hadn't killed him on the first week. Obviously now its not so prestigious, but i'm perfectly fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No, they invoke bad gaming habits. Rewarding people for not taking care of their bodies by staying awake for long periods of time, and not stepping away from their machines. No ty
    Spare me. It wasn't even a remotely long period of time to level from 70-80, or 80-85, or 85-90. If you consider that "not taking care of your body by staying awake for a long period of time", I don't know what to say to you. And how is it a bad habit? You can start a habit by staying awake for 16-20 hours once every 2 years? Again, spare me. Ridiculous points.

only 20 people will get them from now on
    idc either way

Stood in the Fire
    I'm strongly against stuff that can only be earned once per server. But if Archmage title would require doing a long and hard as hell quest-chain, then I'm all for it.

Blizzard is right to remove them as those titles can become meaningless through the method of obtaining them.
    1) A single player playing non-stop which is very dangerous. If the kid dies while doing it, Blizzard will take all the blames and the media will crucify Blizzard for it.
    2) Several persons playing the same character around the clock nonstop.
    3) Not an activity for 99.9% of the players. Blizzard has changed since classic WoW. They try not to do things only for the 1% of players anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    Blizzard stops with all realm first stuff in WoD, and this thread was about titles not the achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    People who are grown up, with kids and a family, do this. Take a look a t guilds like Blood Legion, Method, or Paragon; that's a least 100 people across all 3 raids (none of them have a set roster of 25, they rotate). I can guarantee you that some of them have kids, a spouse, a job, etc. Hell, there've been interviews where they're like, "Yeah, most of us use our vacation time for progression, just take a week or two off and go balls to the wall raiding."

Believe it or not, it's not all fatass neck beards who do stuff like that. It's hardly unreasonable to think of a grown man (or woman) taking time off work to do something like this.

Edit: if anything, I'd say it's harder for young adults or kids to do stuff like that. They don't have control over their life, they're still with their parents (unless the young adult in question is at college; even then, there are some who would/wouldn't put school on hold for stuff like that).

1.) Needs a poll

2.) I 110% support this fully knowing that I would never get it.

I like those titles, but I don't think they should be realm first titles. I think it would be a good idea if you got them through a difficult class quest line.
    Borador

Props to Sanistra for the awesome signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    You aren't allowed to be special in this game anymore, has to be one with the masses to not bruise any delusional ego. Once a nameless drone, forever a nameless drone.
    Special here having the meaning of spending endless hours on the ptr, finding out exactly how and where to take advantage of the bugs/unintended inflated xp and spawn rate...

I would never get one, but I'd really like them to exist.