Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Would you support Realm First titles, like those removed in WotLK?

Having played WoW for years and years, I was looking around at Titles the other day, and was surprised that I'd actually never heard of the race/class/profession first titles they removed in Wrath.

These were for the first < > to level 80. For example:

<Name> Of The Ten Storms - First Shaman on realm to 80.
    Archmage <Name> - First Mage on realm to 80.
    <Name> - The Lion Hearted - First Human on realm to 80.

Etc, one for each. Full list can be found here http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/08/30/new-titles-for-wrath/

Anyway, looking through the comments there seemed to be a huge divide.
    A lot of "well they'd only be obtainable by no-lifer" type stuff, and a lot of people who like the idea.

I think we can all agree these titles are awesome (while I'd never get one) would you support something like this for WoD, or any expansion?
    I would support it, I think it's great, though if not I'd really like a way for these titles to see the light of day through other methods, like achievements or really difficult class quests (Endless Proving Grounds type difficult.)

What do you all think?

I think they're stupid. Make a title that 99% of people will never see GJ, including on other players.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I think they're stupid. Make a title that 99% of people will never see GJ, including on other players.
    hello scarab lord

Deleted
    no
    Realm first titles promoted unhealthy amounts of playtime to obtain them.
    They (blizzard) rightly stopped awarding them when they realized that people where staying up and playing for stupid amounts of time which was detrimental to the players health and could aggravate underlying health issues.

it even says "everything, including World or Warcraft" or words to them effects on the loading screens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Probably far more than 99%. Why is this a bad thing though, especially since (in theory), they're only titles, they can't take many resources from developing other stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    If it would stir up some more in server competition then absolutely! Something I didn't like about the removal of these was that it widened the span of competition so much that a lot of people stopped caring. There used to be several competitive guilds on my server fighting for top spots, now there's 1 guild that's a mile ahead and no one else even cares to compete. I think it could breath some life back into servers and would support something like this fully.

Edit: I really think one of the biggest downfalls of wow came with the introduction of the dungeon finder. This was the start of the dissemination of a server's social life. Removal of realm firsts, which I possess none of, added to this. I think blizz should do anything they can to draw people's focus back in to their servers and less towards a worldwide scene or competition.
    Last edited by Honkeymagoo; 2014-01-30 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Yes. Because then people can choose if they want to pursue that or not.

Saying "but this promotes X/Y/Z" - It doesn't promote sh't. You make a choice - if you want that bloody title so badly, only thing that is gonna make it hard is others who wants it equally bad.

Which in no way is promoting - it's natural competition. It's not like Blizzard says "Hey, bad health is good.". They DEMOTE the idea of excessive play.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    hello scarab lord
    Scarab Lord would still be a lot more common than any of these titles, usually big organised groups did it on small servers. Imagine if everyone who dinged 80 within 10 hours of the first guy who did also got the title.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    Probably far more than 99%. Why is this a bad thing though, especially since (in theory), they're only titles, they can't take many resources from developing other stuff?
    Maybe it seems easy to you but there's always a shit ton of work for anything according to Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

As cool as the titles were, they caused players do things that just weren't healthy for you and/or some to even use "illegal" methods to accomplish it (Such as having someone else play your account while you slept).

So cool sounding idea, but never should have made it pass the initial brainstorming session. Blizzard was smart to never include such achievements again.

Sure, but for something that requires skill. Leveling first to x level does not require much skill and its likely to have been accomplished using some bug. But realm first for raids/brawler/proving grounds. sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    As cool as the titles were, they caused players do things that just weren't healthy for you and/or some to even use "illegal" methods to accomplish it (Such as having someone else play your account while you slept).
    Which still happens in a world first environment. Let's just shut off Realm first achieves while we're at it, it promotes unhealthy competition. As playing for as long as the players do is unhealthy, medically speaking.

It's an invalid argument to say "But they do bad stuff for it" - People already do that. There being a fancy title is just a higher degree of competition.

Sure, I'd support it. I never understood why they were removed, honestly. If people want to grind themselves silly in the first 1-3 days of an expansion for a title, then let them.

Deleted
    Since I wouldn't care about them anyway, I neither support nor oppose the idea of such titles.

There are no realms anymore, not really. With connected realms they decided not to go through the hassle of adapting the old code it and just don't implement realm firsts in WOD.
    Am not sorry to see the last of them, it was a recipe for burn-out for people before an expansion was good and well out.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do and frankly I don't understand why the F were they removed in the first place lol

Oh well I got my fair share of them EZ

Deleted
    I would love such titles. I don't understand the people who say "oohh than only a 0.0001% of players can get the title, that's not fair" that's just a wrong attitude

I don't like the idea of Realm First titles, but I would like to see class specific titles, maybe some questchain and then get a title for your class. Like the ones in the link

Deleted
    Such titles basically would serve the same purpose as Death's Demise etc. already did: Enhancing the competition in the first place, and from then on, being used to stroke one's e-peen while afking in a capital.

I have no problems with it. Server First are not my cup of tea but if someone wants to go for it go nuts. Just don't go nuts like Rift did where last year I was the first person to get a lvl 15 Blue gear. I was left shaking my head over that one.

You aren't allowed to be special in this game anymore, has to be one with the masses to not bruise any delusional ego. Once a nameless drone, forever a nameless drone.