Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Title for leveling fast? Nah. Titles like Death's Demise, Grand Crusader, Celestial Defender, associated with realm first raid kills? Sure. Hell, from a business standpoint, I don't see why Blizz wouldn't do this, because some guild somewhere would be crazy enough to transfer to some dead rock of a server just to grab such titles.
    The thing with such titles is: In a guild with more than 25 active members, someone will always feel left out.
    Be it because they play the "wrong" class, because they aren't as good friends with the RL as some others etc.

No.

It's not even about "Who cares who got first?" or "I'll never get that achievement, so I don't want it to be available to anyone else."

Realm First achievements promote terrible behavior. Whether it's treating other players like shit in the frenzied climb to the top, or simply gnawing through content ridiculously faster than anyone has any chance of creating it (Well look what I've done, there's nothing left to do!), it's simply not good for the game, Blizzard, or the players. It's not much good for their health, either.

Haven't most Realm First holders long since quit the game? It goes too slowly to support that play style.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    skill isn't and has never been about simply being able to push X and Y buttons harder. Planning, info gathering, finding tricks, and creating better routes/strategies(aka intelligence in general) is just as much a part of it.
    I'd say even having races partially determined by luck need not be a really bad thing.

I'd support them if they became guild-wide titles. There can be nothing more infuriating being the guy sat out that one time your guild killed something like Algalon, or the one time you couldn't make the raid your team killed LK. Whatever the reason.

What I would like is more quests like the green fire chain that reward class and even profession specific titles, like archmage, grand blacksmith etc. Very challenging solo content with cosmetic rewards.

Also make it scale with ilvl and lvl so that it always remains challenging regardless of tier, unlike the green fire which is complete faceroll now.

Deleted
    This is so....just wow. Of course they should be in the game! They don't take that much time to make- it's just a title, therefore you can't argue that "it takes time from the devs working on content". And to complain that it's hurting peoples health? Really? Is playing this game the amount of hours lots of people do any different to your health? No. They should be in the game, just another hard to get objective in the game that people who earn(ed) should have.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I'd say even having races partially determined by luck need not be a really bad thing.
    Agreed, with both you and Mione.

Slightly related, but humans are highly competitive creatures. Even if there's no tangible reward, we'll still make a competition or race out of something, purely for the kicks or the recognition of saying, "I did this first!" Look at the Lich King solo race; there's literally no reward at all, but people still raced to see who'd get it down solo first, because there's a certain feeling of being the best (Congrats again on that Mione; old news, but still a worthy achievement).

It is an MMO quit pretending that people only want to be the best because of an achievement. If you don't want to get Realm First leveling achievements, you don't have to. People will race to get max level, achievement or not, the achievement will just add to the experience they're already going to have.

I would like to see if for raids, but as there is so many players that never will have a chance on it it's not worth the time to put it in really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Blizzard don't like Realm-first levelling titles because they encourage players to rush though the game too quickly.

Realm-first raid titles are also not popular with Blizzard because they tend to all be claimed by the same guilds.
    That's why they sell level 90s now

I'd say give more unique titles, I remember the time I saw someone with the title of Obsidian Sanctum's server first, I was like woaah awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    people achive realm first max lvl with cheating , tricking the system and so on.. they aren't worth a title
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2014-02-01 at 02:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    That's why they sell level 90s now
    1-90 isn't exactly new content anymore; 90-100, however, is.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone with multiple realm first leveling achievements I am glad they're not continuing with them, I wouldn't protest wildly if they retroactively awarded titles to people with them but I think the game is better off the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always tried sprinting through new expansion's leveling, but I inevitably lose the race. Cata, I spent like, 24 hours and was only 82 because of the sheer amount of people in the new zones. Mop, I got to 86 in a day, picking herbs and questing but I failed for the same reason as before. I didn't get to 90 until day 4...

I'd like titles though, it might make me really push past the apathy and exhaustion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathington View Post
    I didn't get to 90 until day 4...
    I've hit 90 at around 4 pm on the day after launch, so ~16 hours into the grind...yet still I was nowhere near of being the first one.
    Don't really think that it's possible without the aid of others and without a group - especially for the first part where you'll spend a good portion of your time waiting for respawns.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-02-01 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks only 1 person per server can get it, but they are so awesome I feel that they should be in game and they should be special. I'm so torn it's driving me crazy! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not entirely sure, but most world firsts (not realm, though) were done by mob tagging, right? Like that Athene guy. And I was slow because of bugged quests, stopping for herbs, and well, maybe a little laziness.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Firslty, I have been playing World of Warcraft since 2004 so this is my personal view over the last 10 years.

With that being said If you asked me this question 3-4 years ago I would of easily said yes.. now I will say no. This is because back in Vanilla on your server you knew almost everyone. You had people you loved and people you despised and all it took was a ./rude to start an entire PvP war. (R.I.P.)

Back in Vanilla you could just by looking at a character know who it was just by gear. This was even true in TBC but that changed drastically in WOTLK. If you fast forward to today so much has changed and with so many people playing WoW it's almost impossible to tell people apart. The game has developed and changed over the years as does everything in life to what the general population wanted/wants.

Back on topic:
    I agree with the statements above that 99% of the people won't get to see or acknowledge the title or even know it exist as that section of WoW has diminished. There are very few things that make you stop in your tracks in WoW these days and very few respectable items in game. I could easily list fewer items on my two hands than I have fingers that make me personally 'gasp' in WoW.

Blizzard has done an amazing job catering everyones needs in WoW and not enough people give them credit for that. There are titles and achievements that the select few or 'elite few' can obtain. Yet, people don't even notice this or very few do. I have the 'the Immoirtal" title on my account and with that comes the black drake which I love and worked hard obtaining (with 24 other people). I might get a random whisper once or twice a month acknowledging the title and drake as most whispers these days are 'how do you get that' or 'I want that!'. Times have changed and will always change.

TLDR: No, they should not add future elite/realm first titles as World of Warcraft has developed and changed over the years to a less intense community and the tittles would go unnoticed by many.

~Spazzer
    Last edited by Spazzer; 2014-02-01 at 05:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I think they're stupid. Make a title that 99% of people will never see GJ, including on other players.
    Yeah, because I totally couldn't stand it if someone had a title I couldn't get. /sarcasm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    You aren't allowed to be special in this game anymore, has to be one with the masses to not bruise any delusional ego. Once a nameless drone, forever a nameless drone.
    You know what really pisses me off? The fact that in wrath they gave everyone realm first titles for raids then for the actual end boss of the expansion, they refused to give out a realm first title... Why not keep it the same through the entire expansion. It still makes me furious.