Poll: Would you kick cash shop participants from your dungeon runs?

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The only reasons I would kick someone is for being purposely disruptive like pulling mobs before the tank is ready, (why anyone would wait in an LFR queue just to do things like that is beyond me but I have seen it) Flaming in chat, being AFK, and for ridiculously bad performance which would probably be intentional. Kicking for having cash purchased items is stupid and I would immediately start a vote to kick anyone who proposed it.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I'd kick the person who suggests kicking someone for using the cash shop.
    Pretty much this. I thought everyone knew not to bite one of Jaylock's hooks?

You can bend the math to your purpose as you like, but since we are talking about video games the fact remains that it is quite expensive. If a player has been with wow from the get go he will have by today's subscription rate payed at least 1400€, for a single video game with four expansions. It is by no means cheap. To tell this player that if he wants to experience the full content of the game that he would have dip even further into his wallet, is something that I would consider morally ambiguous.
    Last edited by glacius; 2014-02-05 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    Why would I want to kick someone who supports the company that allows me to play their amazing game? More people paying for useless cosmetical items just means we get more and better content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glacius View Post
    You can bend the math to your purpose as you like, but since we are talking about video games the fact remains that it is quite expensive. If a player has been with wow from the get go he will have by today's subscription rate payed at least 1400€, for a single video game with four expansions. It is by no means cheap.
    I've spent around 8k on WoW since release, and considering how much fun I got out of it, I still consider it cheap.
    Different opinions...accept them.

No, I kick people for being assholes and affecting the enjoyment of the game for other people and no other reason. Someone spending their own money to have cosmetic gear or mounts has no affect on me.

If dungeons were relevant content, I would absolutely kick someone for performing poorly (i.e, causing us to wipe). Not for using the cash shop, though. That's just the rage of a 12 year old who can't get ahold of mommies credit card.

Deleted
    People need to start realizing that every game is pay to win. Yes, every game is pay to win. Example - monitor. If you have more money you have a nice, wide monitor, if you don't have money you can as well be using the old box monitor.

The guy with the wider monitor clearly has an advantage, so stfu and stop complaining.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so pissy about the thread? Are we allowed only one kind of each thread? You bitch about seeing it a hundred times but this is my first time seeing a thread like this and I come here daily. You play WoW. Do you get pissed off about seeing a WoW ad on a random website because you already play WoW?

To answer the question: I am not childish enough to kick someone over super petty things like a helmet I don't like. Ohh sorry you're a bad person because you choose to spend your money on something that isn't about ME ME ME ME! Baddie. Trying to play the game how you desire.

Deleted
    Kicking someone for buying stuff off the cash shop just cries jealousy, envy and poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Kicking someone for buying stuff off the cash shop just cries jealousy, envy and poverty.
    Almost took you seriously!

But yeah, I think I said earlier in this thread or another one; I kick people because they are being too much of a jack off. There isn't much reason to kick people unless they disrupt the run entirely. As I would rather have an asshole who can't keep his mouth shut and runs the dungeon in 15 minutes, over a slow ass tank who couldn't do it in an hour. It's not really memorable or enjoyable content, so I couldn't really give a rats ass unless they stopped the progression. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    People need to start realizing that every game is pay to win. Yes, every game is pay to win. Example - monitor. If you have more money you have a nice, wide monitor, if you don't have money you can as well be using the old box monitor.

The guy with the wider monitor clearly has an advantage, so stfu and stop complaining.
    Exactly. I can't beat my cousin at Call of Duty because I haven't paid for my copy of Call of Duty yet. He's clearly winning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Only pure pieces of childish trash would kick someone out of a dungeon for having a transmog helmet. That has been the absolute most pathetic thing I have come across in 8-9 years of WoW.
    this this this

Quote Originally Posted by glacius View Post
    You can bend the math to your purpose as you like, but since we are talking about video games the fact remains that it is quite expensive. If a player has been with wow from the get go he will have by today's subscription rate payed at least 1400€, for a single video game with four expansions. It is by no means cheap. To tell this player that if he wants to experience the full content of the game that he would have dip even further into his wallet, is something that I would consider morally ambiguous.
    My average is about 20 cents per hour. That's about the same mileage I've gotten out of Skyrim. It's perfectly fine. The difference is that you have to put hours into the game to make it cost efficient... which isn't really that big a deal anyway because if you're paying for the sub chances are you're doing it to put a good amount of time into it.

It's expensive when you look at the totals but honestly gaming in general has been a very expensive hobby up until relatively recently on the PC side of things.

Looking at hours of gameplay per dollar I think is the only logical way of looking at a game and determining whether or not it's a good choice. Is that 1400 being spent efficiently? That's the grand question. If you play an hour a week, no, it's not. If you play an hour a day, that's actually pretty good. Play for three+? That's better than most AAA games nowadays.