Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Democrats for President in 2016

I was digging around www.Realclearpolitics.com and found the poll for the Democrat nomination for the 2016 Presidential Election.
    Granted VERY early to consider anything this far out, however there are alot of polls and commentary out about how Hillary Clinton is the inevitable Democrat Nominee.

Anyway the Poll: http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/...tion-3824.html

Hillary Clinton - 67.6%
    Joe Biden - 10.2%
    Elizabeth Warren - 7.6%
    Andrew Cuomo - 3.0%
    Martin O'Malley - 1.0%
    Brian Schweitzer - 1.0%

Now to the question: Say for whatever reason Hillary Clinton decides no to run in 2016, its three years out and anything can happen. With the other five on the list or any of your choice, which Democrat would you want representing the part in 2016?

I'd personally like to see Andrew Cuomo, because he gives a good fiery speech, and he has a history of working against government surveillance and unfair student loan practices while he was the New York Attorney General. As a Governor he seems to want to try to reform the tax code and government union contracts to put New York into fiscal sustainability. I personally would question his stances on social issues but it would make a good national debate, going against social conservative apologists like Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, among others.

There are questions about whether she will actually run or not. Also I don't think Joe Biden is liked too well, even among democrats. He couldn't keep his mouth shut long enough to get the nomination. The other people on the list? I don't even know who they are.

This election once again seems like it's the Republicans race to loose.

Elizabeth Warren is the first term Senator who is currently in the Massachusetts Senate seat formally held by Ted Kennedy and Scott Brown.
    Andrew Cuomo is the current Governor of New York.
    Martin O'Malley is the current Governor of Maryland.
    Brian Schweitzer was the Governor of Montana (term ended Jan 2013) now on the Board of Stillwater Mining Company since May 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Other than hillary and Joe are the only ones I know, and Biden isnt very well liked when he opens his mouth. On the other hand reps have 3 potential candidates of high popularity, Cruz for the far right/Teabaggers, Rubio for the more or less moderates, and Paul for the libertarians. If Hillary doesnt run the scales are going to be tipped to the republican side if another well known democrat doesn't take her place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Liz Warren so low makes me sad. She needs more exposure I guess.

I'm pretty sure the new Democrats are shifting away from the policies of the old Democrats.

People are preferring Elizabeth Warren's policies over Hilary Clinton's.

Which, to be perfectly honest, is a shame. Elizabeth Warren doesn't seem to know half of what she's talking about with regards to economics. Hilary Clinton has truckloads more experience in executive positions as well.

I think they're both shit, but if I had to pick... I'd go with Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I think they're both shit, but if I had to pick... I'd go with Clinton.
    Hillary already was President twice. Things weren't so bad.

Warren would be interesting. A true progressive in the white house would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Warren would be interesting. A true progressive in the white house would be cool.
    I agree. It'd be a fun experiment. Let's go even further: Keith Ellison for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I agree. It'd be a fun experiment. Let's go even further: Keith Ellison for President!
    Jill Stein could clobber anything the Dems could cough up in terms of "progressiveness", and be far more libertarian while at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Hillary already was President twice. Things weren't so bad.
    No... no she wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jill Stein could clobber anything the Dems could cough up in terms of "progressiveness", and be far more libertarian while at it.
    I'd be curious to hear Skroesecs thoughts on her.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

No... no she wasn't.
    Not in an official sense. But she definitely had a hand behind the scenes. That proposed healthcare overhaul in the 90s was her brainchild, for example.

Jill Stein's only endorsement was Noam "Look at me" Chomsky. Surely you don't think she has any actual qualifications.

- - - Updated - - -

Not in an official sense. But she definitely had a hand behind the scenes. That proposed healthcare overhaul in the 90s was her brainchild.
    If she had a hand behind the scenes, then what did Bill have Lewinsky for?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Jill Stein's only endorsement was Noam "Look at me" Chomsky. Surely you don't think she has any actual qualifications.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe she just didnt like home made facials >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

That's more mouth than hand.

That's more mouth than hand.
    Well if he had the hand, maybe he wouldn't have sought the mouth. Ever think of that?

Surely you don't think she has any actual qualifications.
    The main qualification you need are to recognize when you don't understand and can take advice from qualified advisors.

Of course if Warren has an exposure dilemma, Stein has it one hundred fold.

Elizabeth Warren doesn't seem to know half of what she's talking about with regards to economics.
    I am willing to bet it's more then you. ^_^
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    I am willing to bet it's more then you. ^_^
    Can't be true since MMO-CHAMP posters have a direct link and sit in on every gov meeting. Also we have the bible called wiki.
    You cared enough to post.