Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Ninthelora;25150923]

There is always something to cast! Like rogues/feral/warriors are always depended on either nrg/rage or spamming the same button. Enhancement feels very fluid, though I have to say for a beginner the rotation might be hard, but i advise to install some addons (like WeakAuras), to track Maelstrom stacks, totems, flameshock uptime and such.

-------------

I played all melee classes as well for a lot of years and Elemental was my first ranged/caster experience in wow. Now I'm testing Enh and finding the thing that annoys is not always having something to press. What am I missing? Between SS and LL CD's I shock and use my MS stacks as appropriate. Apart from long cooldowns and totems that's pretty much it right? I find the 8 and 10sec cooldown for SS and LL making the rotation feel a bit slow. Hope I'm doing it wrong cause it does appeal to me

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Funny someone brings this up. I recently switched up my main to a shaman a days ago. Gearing up and such, not quite there yet but still. I have trouble understanding enhance. I don't like it at all. Do I have a shot at a general raid spot as elemental? Enhance feels clunky and my performance is pretty bad with it.
    Maybe a bit offtopic *

This for me as well.
    I play a lot of classes, priest/mage/dk/warrior/hunter/mage/lock and play them all pretty well.
    Now I got my shammy to 90 and tried my hands on enhancement.

Enhance feels by far the morst clunky spec I've ever played.
    I have set up my tellmewhen and need to know addons, even use shockandawe, but in the end it just feels like Monkey see, monkey do.
    Button comes on screen, press that one. Too many damn variables.

Kudos for the people who actually get a feel for the spec and then maybe it will outperform elemental.
    For me personally, I find elemental easier and therefor suits me better to get more dps output.

Deleted
    I found dealing with cd clashes a lot easier using tellmewhen with the settings configured to have the spell popping up with 2 seconds remaining until it is back up. It gives you extra time to register the clash before the spells come off cooldown. Making the right call seems to come a lot easier with this buffer.

I do find enhancement quite straightforward because of this. In fact, I probably make more mistakes with the supposedly easier elemental - mostly because I find it easier to forget about flame shock if I get a lot of procs with <10 seconds left I often forget it needed to be refreshed. When I see that lava burst hit for nothing I swear and reapply.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you wan aoe dps you go ele single target enhancement does more

[QUOTE=CID-77;25339738]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora View Post

There is always something to cast! Like rogues/feral/warriors are always depended on either nrg/rage or spamming the same button. Enhancement feels very fluid, though I have to say for a beginner the rotation might be hard, but i advise to install some addons (like WeakAuras), to track Maelstrom stacks, totems, flameshock uptime and such.

-------------

I played all melee classes as well for a lot of years and Elemental was my first ranged/caster experience in wow. Now I'm testing Enh and finding the thing that annoys is not always having something to press. What am I missing? Between SS and LL CD's I shock and use my MS stacks as appropriate. Apart from long cooldowns and totems that's pretty much it right? I find the 8 and 10sec cooldown for SS and LL making the rotation feel a bit slow. Hope I'm doing it wrong cause it does appeal to me
    UE->SS->LL->Shock->MW5x->SS->Shock->LL->etc. It will get better when you get better gear. Sometimes you just waiting for the last one or two MW stacks, you can hard cast a LB when you have 4 stacks.

I see you dont mention, unleash elements. This is a big part of the rotation, cause it will cause your Windfury to unleash it's power and increase your attack speed, which results in more MW stacks!

Deleted
    I've been trying out both specs and enjoy them both, but I'm mostly ele nowdays as we already have 2 melee in our 10man group. I feel like ele is really easy to grasp at first, not many spells to keep track on. Enh though took some more time to get used to, but after I was used to both specs I feel like it's actually harder to excel at elemental. :P It's rotation is more of a reactive nature, and fast reactions will increase your dps, while enhance is easier to predict.

But yeah to answer your question, try them both and pick the one you like the most.

I've seen both doing very well in terms of DPS and utility now, so just try to pick whatever feels more comfortable to you and have fun!

I've tried to follow this for the previous years, but I just love both specs and I always end up gearing both at the same time (focusing one, obviously, currently enhancement) and switching everytime D: Actually this was kinda helpful on my previous core, because I was the guy that could be melee or ranged on every fight, depending on the boss mechanics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    I've also been playing (enhancement as main) for 8 years. Your info is incorrect.
    The amount of time you have been playing Enh has absolutely nothing to do with whether you are correct or not.

And in this case you are incorrect. Your best weapon should always be in your MH. As is being pointed out by many others in this thread (and countless other threads on the matter).

Do any kind of Simulation and see for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CID-77 View Post

UE->SS->LL->Shock->MW5x->SS->Shock->LL->etc. It will get better when you get better gear. Sometimes you just waiting for the last one or two MW stacks, you can hard cast a LB when you have 4 stacks.

I see you dont mention, unleash elements. This is a big part of the rotation, cause it will cause your Windfury to unleash it's power and increase your attack speed, which results in more MW stacks!
    Pretty much this.

However even if you are super tight with your rotation (adding Unleash, Earth Shock and hard casting LB etc) you will STILL have about 1 GCD in every 10 seconds 'spare'.

But you need these little gaps to drop or re-position totems - a big part of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    Pretty much this.

However even if you are super tight with your rotation (adding Unleash, Earth Shock and hard casting LB etc) you will STILL have about 1 GCD in every 10 seconds 'spare'.

But you need these little gaps to drop or re-position totems - a big part of the class.
    I'd say every 40 seconds is more accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    As long as you put the strongest-smelling sock on your main hand, then yes.
    1) you ruined my keyboard (never sip coffee while reading forums)
    2) you made me reply
    3) you win the internet and I shall continue to name you 'Sir' from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    The amount of time you have been playing Enh has absolutely nothing to do with whether you are correct or not.

And in this case you are incorrect. Your best weapon should always be in your MH. As is being pointed out by many others in this thread (and countless other threads on the matter).

Do any kind of Simulation and see for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much this.

Did you quote the wrong person, or did you agree with me, and then call me incorrect?

To clarify, I responded to a guy who claimed that the best weap goes in the off-hand, and that he knew he was right, because he'd been playing for 8 years (paraphrasing). My response to him was that I've also been playing for 8 years, and that his info (that being that the best weap goes in the off-hand) was incorrect.

If you followed my context, I was trying to make the same point that you just made - time doesn't equate to being right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drus View Post
    1) you ruined my keyboard (never sip coffee while reading forums)
    2) you made me reply
    3) you win the internet and I shall continue to name you 'Sir' from now on!
    WOOT! I shall endeavor to be worthy.

Deleted
    elemental is good dps for not much work, enhance is better dps for alot more work