Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The way they could of done it, would of been to add some npc in lags arch, where those that had already paid for a pick from the gem store, could then hand it in to upgrade to the new one. Whether for a small gem price or whatever.

Of course, the best & only way they should of done it, would`ve been to not start selling things on the gem store that drop items, that normal in game bought picks do not.

They managed to survive with Guild Wars without pulling this stunt for over eight years to date.
    If they`re desperate for money, they should start adding decent things to the gem store, like getting rid of the virtually pointless town clothes, & start doing more armour you can use in combat. Add more storage spaces etc

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Geez, I am not even playing GW2 - but even to me, two things are blazingly obvious:
    Anet is a company. Companies exist to make money
    GW2 is F2P, the money have to come from somewhere.

Save your white knight comments. It is a free game. Don't buy it or don't play it. If you wanna know what companies really fuck you? The ones that dictate the prices on essential goods: Water, electricity, oil and gas.
    It`s not a free to play game, it is buy to play.

btw, there's rare drops of special picks, axes and harvesting tools that have a higher chance of reaping bonus materials from nodes. This includes rarer gems from mining, those bags you get from wood, and rarer ingredients from harvesting. (I would recommend using these to harvest in Southsun as those drop some good money items.)

So gathering tools with chances at other rewards exist in the game already. This is just a permanent one which has a specified chance of gathering sprockets. You could go organize a Scarlet invasion group to gather far more sprockets than this tool will get you, but that would require social skills and effort. It's much easier to whine on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Of course, the best & only way they should of done it, would`ve been to not start selling things on the gem store that drop items, that normal in game bought picks do not.
    Sprockets drop in game from other places though. That's why there is over 650k of them on the trading post and they are only worth a couple copper each.

Seriously tell me how much ore would I have to mine to "win". And what exactly I would win.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

You know why I bought the old one? Because I CBA to buy those all the time and spend the silver.
    They were 1 character bound back then, then what did Anet do? THEY STROKE! Made it account wide. I was happy.
    This new one? I dont care, Im happy with my current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Sprockets drop in game from other places though. That's why there is over 650k of them on the trading post and they are only worth a couple copper each.

Seriously tell me how much ore would I have to mine to "win". And what exactly I would win.
    Show me where I said anything about winning....

As for them dropping in game, what of the players on "a break" or the new ones that come in the future, when all of the mobs or whatever that drop those no longer exist? Also they won`t have the node.
    Once that happens, prices will most likely sky rocket.
    That`s a hiderance to those builds that have to use those to make gear too.

Side note: Ages since I`ve played, how do you know there are "650k of them on the trading post"? Last I saw, the tp only ever showed 1000+.

In general, Karizee will amend their stance based on whatever ANet does. So don't get too mired in an argument with them.

However, this complaint is still absurd. Silly thread.

Did anyone complain about the Black Lion Salvage Kit when the game came out?

Side note: Ages since I`ve played, how do you know there are "650k of them on the trading post"? Last I saw, the tp only ever showed 1000+.

MAGIC!

(this certainly explains why you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to this game)
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Did anyone complain about the Black Lion Salvage Kit when the game came out?
    I donn`t recall seeing any rants about the gem store salvage kit, but I recall plenty confused as to what level it salvaged at. Whilst a fair few said they were rarely getting anything decent from it, most thought it seemed okay.

I did recall: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ts-Ectos/first

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    MAGIC!

(this certainly explains why you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to this game)
    Magic aka bollocks...

Show me anything I`ve typed where I`ve not known what I was typing about.
    If you want to go that route, I`m still waiting for replies from some of your outlandish posts in the past that you`ve happily posted things that showed you didn`t know what you were talking about, & yet you still play...?

Show me where I said anything about winning....

As for them dropping in game, what of the players on "a break" or the new ones that come in the future, when all of the mobs or whatever that drop those no longer exist? Also they won`t have the node.
    Once that happens, prices will most likely sky rocket.
    That`s a hiderance to those builds that have to use those to make gear too.

Pay no attention to the GW2 zealot. She tends to agree with whatever Anet says or does and condemns anyone who says otherwise. It'd actually be pretty funny, if it wasn't so sad.

alas, alas, how the point did pass
    over head, by wind, or by scorn

so terrible and dreadful the thread
    each post a new facepalm was born

alas, alas, with patience lost, we pressed on to /ignore
    but the posts kept on, tho laughs were had, the discussion became a bore

alas, alas,
    no more were left to tame the lame in him
    tho alas
    some laughs, we had some laughs
    from the cries, the whines, the derps of the zephyr storm

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2014-01-31 at 06:47 PM.

how do you know there are "650k of them on the trading post"?

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/44941

alas, alas,
    tho alas

I lol'ed. =D

Although, if I had written something similar about Karizee, I'd get a ban.

Oh wait, that already happened. =/
    Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2014-01-31 at 01:57 AM.

I haven't played GW2 in a couple of months. I bought 8 of each of the gathering tools. I do think that this is teetering on a dangerous edge. Items on the gem store were either sold as convenience or good looking items. My problem is that this item now sets 2 precedents. Firstly, it says that they could, at any time, "outdate" your stuff with something better. Secondly, and more importantly, this opens the door for things that can have a material impact on the game. This time it's a sprocket. What next time? At some point they will have to move to something of real value.

What sprockets are worth is not the issue. The door has been opened. Would you have been happy if it had a chance to drop ectos or gold? What if it had a chance to drop a legendary?

It reminds me of the saying about Churchill where he is supposed to have asked a lady if she would sleep with him for a million pounds to which she replied yes. He then asked if she would sleep with him for 10 pounds. Insulted, she asked him what he thought she was. He replied "I have already determined that, I am just trying to figure out the price".

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I haven't played GW2 in a couple of months. I bought 8 of each of the gathering tools. I do think that this is teetering on a dangerous edge. Items on the gem store were either sold as convenience or good looking items. My problem is that this item now sets 2 precedents. Firstly, it says that they could, at any time, "outdate" your stuff with something better. Secondly, and more importantly, this opens the door for things that can have a material impact on the game. This time it's a sprocket. What next time? At some point they will have to move to something of real value.

What sprockets are worth is not the issue. The door has been opened. Would you have been happy if it had a chance to drop ectos or gold? What if it had a chance to drop a legendary?

It reminds me of the saying about Churchill where he is supposed to have asked a lady if she would sleep with him for a million pounds to which she replied yes. He then asked if she would sleep with him for 10 pounds. Insulted, she asked him what he thought she was. He replied "I have already determined that, I am just trying to figure out the price".
    So you're gonna QQ for copper and thinking they're gonna give you tons of gold afterwards? nah.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    So you're gonna QQ for copper and thinking they're gonna give you tons of gold afterwards? nah.
    You totally missed the whole point he was trying to make. You sir get no points this round.

And I'm glad Gray Matter gets it. He's been about the only one smart enough to figure it out in this thread besides me. The rest of you....pfft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post

alas, alas,
    tho alas
    That actually made me lol. But then I realized your post was worthless to the topic at hand. Come back when you have something above a grade school level retort.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    And what would you suggest to compensate Anet to still profit from GWII.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/44941

I lol'ed. =D

Although, if I had written something similar about Karizee, I'd get a ban.

Oh wait, that already happened. =/
    The double standards on these forums have been pointed out time and time again. The sad thing is, the mods and certain users still get away with it.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    The double standards on these forums have been pointed out time and time again. The sad thing is, the mods and certain users still get away with it.
    Then report the posts and or talk to another mod if you feel a mod has done something wrong. Don't passively aggressively say it here.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    You don't pay a sub fee. Get off your high horse.

Apple releases a new iPhone every year or so. Are they wrong for doing that? It's an upgrade [Usually]. You outgrow it, and if you aren't satisfied with the benefits from yours, buy the better one, if you feel like min-maxing, buy the new one. If not, stop complaining. It's a b2p game and it needs a steady cash shop to maintain itself.
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And what would you suggest to compensate Anet to still profit from GWII.
    Oh I dunno. Maybe they could start by not slapping people in the face for the sake of profit. They have already lost respect from a lot of people. They keep this up, and they'll lose even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then report the posts and or talk to another mod if you feel a mod has done something wrong. Don't passively aggressively say it here.
    Was just pointing out a well known fact here on MMO champ. No need to get all butt hurt about it.