Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then report the posts and or talk to another mod if you feel a mod has done something wrong. Don't passively aggressively say it here.
    Not really passive-aggressive if you just come out and say it.

  2. #42
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    22,154
    Oh I dunno. Maybe they could start by not slapping people in the face for the sake of profit. They have already lost respect from a lot of people. They keep this up, and they'll lose even more.
    I wanted a suggestion not hyberbole.


    Was just pointing out a well known fact here on MMO champ. No need to get all butt hurt about it.
    What many consider fact are really just their delusional opinion. I'm not butthurt at all but nice strawman.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Konata View Post
    You don't pay a sub fee. Get off your high horse.

    Apple releases a new iPhone every year or so. Are they wrong for doing that? It's an upgrade [Usually]. You outgrow it, and if you aren't satisfied with the benefits from yours, buy the better one, if you feel like min-maxing, buy the new one. If not, stop complaining. It's a b2p game and it needs a steady cash shop to maintain itself.
    Yet another person who missed the point. *sigh*

    What I find funny is most people only take away from this the part about people being upset that Anet released a newer and better tool. And not the part about how this could start a slippery slope in where it only gets worse from here. Cherry picking anyone?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I wanted a suggestion not hyberbole.




    What many consider fact are really just their delusional opinion. I'm not butthurt at all but nice strawman.
    Keep telling yourself that bub.

  4. #44
    Last i checked zephyr you can buy gems for in game gold. So whats the problem if u already payed cash for older mining picks. How about spend some of that gold u have been farming these past few months on the new pick instead of using ur hard earned money.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Last i checked zephyr you can buy gems for in game gold. So whats the problem if u already payed cash for older mining picks. How about spend some of that gold u have been farming these past few months on the new pick instead of using ur hard earned money.
    The gold to gem conversion is shit.

    And besides, that's not even the point. The point is if Anet is willing to do something like this now, then what will they be willing to do in the future? Go read the official forums. People are furious about this. And for very good reason. It starts things on a VERY slippery slope. Hell, you could say this shit even started when they tried selling T3 light human cultural armor on the gemstore. They were just smart enough then to renig on that decision. The fact that so many people on MMO champ are even remotely ok with this or seem not to care just goes to show that either A.) people are really dense or B.) are Anet/GW2 fanatics that think their favorite dev/game can do no wrong. Either case lends to a very bad scenario.

    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...Watchwork-Pick

    Hell, even some of the BIGGEST FANBOYS on the official forums are up in arms over this. And the vast majority of people seem to agree that Anet is testing the waters with this new gathering tool and that it sets a dangerous precedent for what may be to come. Instead of buying an unlimited tool for convenience, you'll be buying unlimited tools to gain an advantage over the people who don't have them. Hell, I wouldn't put it past Anet to turn the gathering tools on the gemstore into a vertical gear grind in and of itself, constantly trying to make you buy a newer and better tool every 6 months or so, or otherwise you fall behind the people who buy it and profit from it. It's just one step closer to pay to win. Honestly, people saying otherwise need to get their heads out of the sand.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-01-31 at 10:05 AM.

  6. #46
    It seems this is more an upgrade item than anything else. Which is acceptable in most products- upgrading your gfx card, phone, wine subscription, et cetera.

    There is no real rule I know of that say the items bought in the GW2 cash shop are the only & final incarnation of such.

    One can decide to not buy this new item, of course.

  7. #47
    Pandaren Monk barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    The gold to gem conversion is shit.
    Then you missed the point 0/10, game set and match gg wp no re.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

  8. #48
    I have to agree this sets a bad precedent. Convenience and cosmetic toys are what the Gem Store items should be about. Adding an extra bonus to an item like this above and beyond what's already been established in previous versions is the first step down a slippery slope. If they made all previous permanent harvesting tools have this same bonus, I'd be okay with that. But I just see that next it'll be an axe and a sickle with special bonus procs. Or a new salvage kit with an explicitly stated chance to pop ectos out beyond the usual rare salvage chances. And so on and so forth.

  9. #49
    Pandaren Monk barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,760
    So an items that give you an extra what... 30 copper only on an RNG is way too imbalanced? oh lordy lord it's like sprockets were scarce~
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

  10. #50
    Honestly guys. If you see something that should be infracted but hasn't been, report it. If you see a mod responding in a thread but not hitting a post you think should have been hit either PM them to ask about it or PM a super mod to look at it. Making posts in threads about your opinions of the quality of moderation does nothing at all to help since we don't have the ability to read every single post ever posted.

    If you don't like either of those options use the "Contact Us" form to send a complaint directly to the admins. If you don't like my response PM me or use the "Contact Us" form. Thanks for your time, back to the actual topic of the thread please.

  11. #51
    GW2 pushes the boundaries of what I consider acceptable to sell to the point where I've reconsidered how I feel about the subscription model. I don't post about it much because it's a losing argument (as you can tell by this thread and the P2W thread). People will either justify it as a "convenience" item, attempt to diminish its importance in the game somehow, or bring up the fact that you can buy it for gold (as if gold is easy to make in GW2 and the exchange rate is outrageous).

    Granted, I went into GW2 naive as I have never played a B2P or F2P MMO prior (both Rift and Tera went F2P after I'd quit). I assumed most revenue would come from vanity items, but I don't believe that's been the case considering most people do not like town clothes and their offerings of costume armor are few and mostly terrible. While GW2 may not itemize as much as I've heard SW:TOR does, they still charge for quite a lot, in some cases multiple times especially in regards to inventory space of any kind. I think the way they handle minis is also horrible (so glad I didn't attempt to be a collector) and I don't understand why more people aren't appalled at having to buy 2x of any given set due to the inevitable addition of a forged mini. Another case where people have more dollars than sense, I suppose. Hell, I'm still upset they made a cooking recipe that was only obtainable out of their store-only RNG boxes. I don't care if the recipe wasn't anything amazing, that personally crossed a line for me.

    I've often questioned if I did spend $15/mo. on gems if it would outfit my account to my satisfaction and I'm honestly not sure. Even going beyond things like character slots and the aforementioned inventory space of any kind, the bulk (all?) of any vanity or "convenience" purchases are alt-unfriendly. (I shouldn't even have to mention their awful cosmetic systems from dyes to transmutations.) I mean, it's not like one infinite mining pick, for example, is delivered to all of your characters (which at the very least was my experience with WoW & Rift purchases), you still have to pass it back and forth through your personal bank, which is a real pain, or buy 8 of them (which you used to have to do anyway when they were soulbound).

    This is not stuff I like thinking about and I never did before GW2. I didn't go around thinking I don't have adequate basic account amenities or I can't do this, that, or the other because it's a store-only thing. I didn't constantly stress about how much gold (or rather lack thereof) I have and how that negatively affects my gaming experience on multiple levels. Frankly, if $15/mo. absolves me of that it's looking like a really good deal.
    "I think the more pertinent question is, why aren't you more depressed? Why hasn't this horrible place made you so sad you can hardly breathe? Why? Why? There's got to be something wrong with you."

  12. #52
    Honestly I think the sprocket thing is more of a timing theme then "pushing" the boundaries.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  13. #53
    probably correct zito. and it's probably something to separate itself from the other mining picks

  14. #54
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    This thread makes me think of the "Oh noes, they put a button for the store IN GAME" threads in the wow subforums
    Haha, that was my first thought too, replace Anet with Blizz and Mining pick with "Boosted 90's" and you got yourself a thread right there ;p
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

  15. #55
    GW2 pushes the boundaries of what I consider acceptable to sell to the point where I've reconsidered how I feel about the subscription model. I don't post about it much because it's a losing argument (as you can tell by this thread and the P2W thread). People will either justify it as a "convenience" item, attempt to diminish its importance in the game somehow, or bring up the fact that you can buy it for gold (as if gold is easy to make in GW2 and the exchange rate is outrageous).


    Well, to me it's always been a matter of...convenience? I dunno. Probably just psychological.

    If I pay $15/mo in an MMO, generally I just get access to almost everything. I don't have to worry about my bag space or bank space or a tiny number of character slots, or an invented inconvenience for the sake of selling me a convenience later.

    I'll end up paying more for the subscription game in almost all cases, but I just won't have that sense of being nagged constantly. Just a personal thing I guess.

  16. #56
    Stood in the Fire Fernling306's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, to me it's always been a matter of...convenience? I dunno. Probably just psychological.

    If I pay $15/mo in an MMO, generally I just get access to almost everything. I don't have to worry about my bag space or bank space or a tiny number of character slots, or an invented inconvenience for the sake of selling me a convenience later.

    I'll end up paying more for the subscription game in almost all cases, but I just won't have that sense of being nagged constantly. Just a personal thing I guess.[/FONT]
    It would cost you $450 in GW2 to match the amount of character slots available in an mmo like wow. That is a wholelot of $15 subs.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    It would cost you $450 in GW2 to match the amount of character slots available in an mmo like wow. That is a wholelot of $15 subs.
    I estimate I've spent about $1200 on WoW
    Last edited by Doozerjun; 2014-01-31 at 08:09 PM.

  18. #58
    They should cash out as much as they can before the 4'th of April imo.

    And yes: p2w = shit.

  19. #59
    News Flash: The sky isn't falling chicken little. So what they added a new pick that gives "extra" goodies? I bought both previous picks. know why? Because I play several characters on GW2 and intend to get them to max level. Having those "unlimited use" items makes it super easy to farm stuff. As long as the pick still has its unlimited use, I could careless WHAT it gives as an extra bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    I speak my mind, I don't sugar coat it and I don't read replies because most of the time it's someone who apparently "got their feelings hurt".

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I estimate I've spent about $1200 on WoW
    I think they got a couple grand on me
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •