Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    How do you know when the tank cloak procs? When the niuzao head comes up?
    You get a debuff on a one minute timer.

  2. #42
    You get a debuff with the same icon as the one you get from the niuzao fight.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogly View Post
    You get a debuff on a one minute timer.
    Two minute timer.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  4. #44
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illidan - EU
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Two minute timer.
    Which can be bubbled/self BoPed. You can BoP your co-tank as well to remove his debuff if procced.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Insane - 10/14H
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

  5. #45
    Pandaren Monk Spacebubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sylvanas EU - Denmark
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    How do you know when the tank cloak procs? When the niuzao head comes up?
    It's a debuff indeed. It's called Endurance of Niuzao and can be tracked easily with WA by triggering the player debuff and said name.

  6. #46
    So then clemency should be the best talent , right?

    Also, in food and consumables, ..... should i use stamina food and the stamina flask?

  7. #47
    Pandaren Monk Spacebubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sylvanas EU - Denmark
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    So then clemency should be the best talent , right?

    Also, in food and consumables, ..... should i use stamina food and the stamina flask?
    No. In a short fight it would give you an extra HoP - past that it doesn't actually give you extra HoPs. Also - do not forget that there's a 1 minute cooldown on Forbearance meaning you can only reset your cloak every one minute. Hence a shorter bubble cd will be far better in that regard.

  8. #48
    Ok, i guess that point is fair enough

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    No. In a short fight it would give you an extra HoP - past that it doesn't actually give you extra HoPs. Also - do not forget that there's a 1 minute cooldown on Forbearance meaning you can only reset your cloak every one minute. Hence a shorter bubble cd will be far better in that regard.
    And of course a 50% reduction on DivProt which is our go to spammed "cool down" especially with 2piece.

  10. #50
    Ohh damn, forgot about the divine prot :S ...

    what consumables should i use?

  11. #51
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illidan - EU
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    what consumables should i use?
    Armor + haste elixirs. +200 Haste food. Seems there is mastery food too.
    Stam Flask / Noodle cart if you are lazy ( as I am for the food ).
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Insane - 10/14H
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Moussaka View Post
    Armor + haste elixirs. +200 Haste food. Seems there is mastery food too.
    Stam Flask / Noodle cart if you are lazy ( as I am for the food ).

    Try to not skimp out of the haste and arm or elixers! They free up 750 stats that could go into mastery or crit; and even if it doesn't, it makes you be able to hastecap 2-3 itemlevels before you can do it with a strength/stamina flask.

    You should have at least one alchemist in your guild, and chances are he is elixermaster. It's really cheap to make a good stock of 4-500 elixers or Hell make a deal with an alchemist and feed him a couple stacks of flowers every week so even if you get scammed its just 1-200 gold.

    And really, 200 haste food is dirt cheap, you can buy it in bulk at almost any vendor.

    As a raidleader, nothing makes me more happy than to see people use their own food instead of waiting for a feast.

  13. #53
    So the 950 haste + 2250 armor from food + elixir are greater defensive stats than the 1950 stamina from food + flask? I've been using the 450 stamina food so far with a stam flask, but I can see that these would be useful as well.

    Also, I didnt understand that part about freeing up 750 stats ......... whats that?

    Hahaha .... I'm the one who always gives banquets after wipes :/

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    So the 950 haste + 2250 armor from food + elixir are greater defensive stats than the 1950 stamina from food + flask? I've been using the 450 stamina food so far with a stam flask, but I can see that these would be useful as well.

    Also, I didnt understand that part about freeing up 750 stats ......... whats that?

    Hahaha .... I'm the one who always gives banquets after wipes :/
    "Freeing" 750 stats as in you have 750 more secondary stats to reforge to what you want to (will 99% of the time be mastery or crit).

    And yes, the elixer/food is better than the stam flask/food. Except maybe going into heroic Paragons undergeared, but Firefly has way more experience at that than I do.

  15. #55
    Hmm . But the elixir/haste food wont be beneficial on magic damage fights, right?

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    Hmm . But the elixir/haste food wont be beneficial on magic damage fights, right?
    And those would be?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  17. #57
    Uhh ........ where the boss deals magic damage?(i really dont know, being able to tank most bosses without popping cd's)

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    Uhh ........ where the boss deals magic damage?(i really dont know, being able to tank most bosses without popping cd's)
    So... Lei Shi? All other Magic Damage bosses can be survived easily with JUST Div.Prot (Empowered Whirling Corruption).

  19. #59
    Yeah ....... i guess elixir/haste food wins( i suck at this :S)

  20. #60
    I wonder why you people are talking about freeing haste for other stats with someone who is just starting to tank.

    Freeing stats only comes into play when overcapping haste which is a luxury problem that almost no one has.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •