Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, that seems fair :P

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    If you have the resources, you can get both cloaks. 7,000 gold is quite affordable at this point, and if your guild expects you to be a main tank or especially both dps/tank, they may help you get a second cloak.
    If you can only afford one make it the tank cloak. No one will thank you for doing 210k dps instead of 200k but they will notice if you should die with a dps cloak on. If you are confident you won't die then take the dps one but my tank one proc'd more than I care to admit during garrosh.

Deleted
    get rid of those stamina gems and go full haste, after you cap 7,5% hit and 15% expertise ofc. You can go for the dps cloack if you can pop your defensives correctly in situations that lets say get out of hand. For example ardent defender does the same job as the cloack only you have to be ready to press the button

Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    Ok .. assuming I have no plans to push heroic content( I amn't a guild raider yet, but soon, hopefully) , should I get dps or tank cloak first for the normal bosses?
    Garrosh 10 man normal hits hard enough to warrant the tank cloak. 450k unmitigated melee swings and a stacking DoT. Plus, the adds in P1 can wreck an undergeared tank when buffed with Warsong.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Garrosh 10 man normal hits hard enough to warrant the tank cloak. 450k unmitigated melee swings and a stacking DoT. Plus, the adds in P1 can wreck an undergeared tank when buffed with Warsong.
    Although I agree wholeheartedly that unless you got a few heroic bosses worth of gear you should use the tank cloak on Garrosh because he just hits like a monster, your second point is kinda moot.

If you die during p1 on the adds, there is a very, very slim chance of you to save yourself with the tank cloak because the next swing of any of the adds will kill you.

That is, if it comes unprepared. If you're skilled enough you can pop anything to save your life or get gripped or a snap stun, but dying in p1 is most of the time GG.

Isnt stamina better on a jc, for the +480 bonus stam instead of +320 bonus haste? And yeah, I just finally did garrosh flex for the first time (and got him after 2 wipes :S ) and can see why the tank cloak is needed :P

Deleted
    I never thought Garrosh hit hard at all in both HC and normal. Dont know if that is just me but, I payed more attention to my health on pretty much every other bosses, heck I was even more worried for Nazgrim than Garrosh in Heroic.

I even had cloak procs on bosses like Thok and Siegecrafter, never had it happen even once on Garrosh outside annihilation soaking. But for heroic I guess that once you have tanked Paragons, Garrosh look like a fluffy kitten, but still, never experienced his damage a high on normal either.

- - - Updated - - -

Isnt stamina better on a jc, for the +480 bonus stam instead of +320 bonus haste? And yeah, I just finally did garrosh flex for the first time (and got him after 2 wipes :S ) and can see why the tank cloak is needed :P
    Depends on your current item level and progression really. Unless you are undergearing content, you should not be using stamina gem. And when I say undergearing, I mean really undergeared. Gah, got so mad in an 8/14H pug on my alt and a tank complained he was undergeared for the bosses in 555 item level.

The only tricky part about Garrosh normal going in undergeared was being inattentive really.

Best solution for us was swap tanks each add pack, holding vengeance high on both tanks so the adds didn't pose too much threat, and thereby stopping the Garrosh tank to tank everything solo.

By now I can solo tank everything together with DPS cloak and only div. prot as a cool down.

Can't wait to kill paragons so we can go onto Garrosh progress soon.

The problem is that the stam bonus is on top of a regular stam gem, which is already a bad choice. Once you factor that in there really isn't a point in gemming stam (and alchemy is probably a better choice than jc anyway)

Oh .... I get it. So instead of getting the normal haste (640) through gems, I lose it all for a total of 960 stam (480 bonus) , which isnt that efficient?
    So once my ilvl touches 550 - ish, I use the haste gems for a jc?

Oh .... I get it. So instead of getting the normal haste (640) through gems, I lose it all for a total of 960 stam (480 bonus) , which isnt that efficient?
    So once my ilvl touches 550 - ish, I use the haste gems for a jc?
    As far as I'm concerned, your need for STA depends on your healers. STA is not as good as haste, but if your healers can't keep you alive then more STA will help those times when SotR is down and you take two big hits in a row. Garrosh will hit for 450k with out SotR up so if your health is low enough he can 2 shot, and that's assuming you aren't picking up any of the adds.

That said, I've never had that problem so I've always stacked haste. If you're not randomly dieing then put everything into haste.
    Haste = SotR uptime = less damage.

Edit: Tanking depends on knowing your raid. If you have lower healing or DPS then you have to prepare for that. If you don't have to worry, max haste.
    Last edited by Ahhdurr; 2014-02-04 at 02:25 AM.

On trinkets: I run(as a geared offspec, 570) with hc malk and the Sha healer AMP. Thok obv is BiS, but every AMP trinket gives the statboosts, the proc is the only thing that is different.
    Also offspec tank here, would it be good to use Thok's and the healer amp trinket together?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, your need for STA depends on your healers. STA is not as good as haste, but if your healers can't keep you alive then more STA will help those times when SotR is down and you take two big hits in a row.
    Considering that you should cover for almost all of your required healing yourself I really don't agree with it.

You do need stamina on a few occasions where the burst damage you may receive is over 100% of your max hp within less than 2 seconds. Otherwise EF ticks and SoI hits will top you off in no time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NightKnight87 View Post
    Also offspec tank here, would it be good to use Thok's and the healer amp trinket together?
    In general I'd prefer the Malkorok trinket over 2 of those, but the bonus mastery and crit damage can be useful once you're at a certain gear level.

Okay . I think I get a gist of what's being said here.

Moving on to bonus rolls ...... where should I use mine?
    For the last two weeks, I've been using them on celestials and 2 normal bosses. Now, should I use them and ordos and normal bosses(specific ones pl0x :P).

I'm thinking sha of pride since it's damn easy to get to him, and he has a shield ..... and protectors/galakras.

Okay . I think I get a gist of what's being said here.

Moving on to bonus rolls ...... where should I use mine?
    For the last two weeks, I've been using them on celestials and 2 normal bosses. Now, should I use them and ordos and normal bosses(specific ones pl0x :P).

I'm thinking sha of pride since it's damn easy to get to him, and he has a shield ..... and protectors/galakras.
    Nazgrim for Shield if you're going to coin shield. Elsewise it's smart to get tier and trinkets out of the way, so Malkorok/Thok.

You can get gear tokens from rolls, right?

You can get gear tokens from rolls, right?
    Yes. Don't coin for Sha's shield since it's a pile of crap (as Pickwick said go Nazgrim). To be fair though if you have your shield, then as a tank I'd imagine you'd be first on priority for Nazgrim's shield (warrior prefers Sha shield for instance) so I wouldn't dump coins there. It's not like a shield is very high item budget once you get an item level shield anyway (for the armor).

Go for Trinkets and Weapons in my opinion (weapon is from SCBF). If you share a LOT of gear with your raid (for instance, conqueror tier, or plate haste items with DPS, or whatever) I would coin the loot you share the most; it will help distribute the most gear to your raid if everyone does the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Yes. Don't coin for Sha's shield since it's a pile of crap (as Pickwick said go Nazgrim).
    While I 100% agree with nazgrim to be first priority, I'd still go for any shield roll (even Malkorok's int-haste one) rather than still having a 530-ish shield.
    the armor and stamina alone you gain on a shield with higher itemlevel is just too much to pass on.

How do you know when the tank cloak procs? When the niuzao head comes up?

How do you know when the tank cloak procs? When the niuzao head comes up?
    You get a debuff on a one minute timer.