Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those sneacky tactics. Bubble hearstone to save some repair bill <3

So, if new vengeance only apply to "heals", what about warriors except their barrier ? Pretty poor as a remplacement. I hope there is something more for us and for them.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moussaka View Post
    So, if new vengeance only apply to "heals", what about warriors except their barrier ? Pretty poor as a remplacement. I hope there is something more for us and for them.
    What other defensive abilities currently do warriors get from Vengeance? The barrier is good enough. You might also want to scale up stuff like Level 30 healing which doesn't benefit now, but that's about it. (Just like Paladin would get Word of Glory and Seal of Insight, and Level 45 healing talents, and stuff).

Not sure if 90 talents doing more raid healing than healer versions was intended from Vengeance tuning anyway, so I'd imagine that would get left out. Especially considering the "spirit" of those talents are more about damage and utility than "self-healing" and mitigation, even when they could be used for the latter purposes.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2014-02-08 at 01:05 AM. Reason: made paragraphs easier to read

It applies to "defenses", though what specifically hasn't yet been shared that I've seen. So it's likely for us that it'll apply to EF and the like, but we'll have to see what route they decide to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Well warriors only get shield barrier if we stay with current abilities.

Monks get their orbs/guard/expelharm/talentheal.

Paladins get WoG/SoI/Talents.

Druids get Enraged Regen and their talent Healing Touch thing?

Deathknights... Get nothing.

There has been blue tweets about giving DKs something to scale with vengeance, but outside of that, maybe warriors could get something minor, like talents scaling with vengeance or a new heal ability, but barrier alone feels all right, warriors shouldn't be actively healing themselves, it doesn't really fit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    There has been blue tweets about giving DKs something to scale with vengeance, but outside of that, maybe warriors could get something minor, like talents scaling with vengeance or a new heal ability, but barrier alone feels all right, warriors shouldn't be actively healing themselves, it doesn't really fit them.
    DK's mitigation doesn't work off unmitigated damage as far as I know, so it's a little more counter-intuitive also their AM has problems with things that require AM specifically to be up (Injection / Fatal Strike). Not sure whether most DK's like that "better" or not, but at least the problems they have can be tiring. I'd imagine they want to "modernize" them to be up with the rest of the pack.

Monks/Paladins have a lot of AP-based healing as tanks, whereas Warriors Druids and to a lesser extent DK's seem to only have % based heals, except for their one AM ability. Not sure if that's something they want to touch up as well.

As I mentioned I can't see Level 90 talents being affected by Vengeance (should we even call it this anymore?) anymore in 6.0. But I think all group utility that's not from healers is going to be nuked, and hopefully that will happen. If you follow the state of healing, right now a big problem is underhealing encounters and absorb-people snatching all the heals. Part of that is simply because a lot of burst damage can be mitigated with non-healer raid CD's and utility.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2014-02-08 at 01:11 AM.

Yup, for my DK i would like it of I could use my runes still for AM, but make other abilities provide other things.

Like, take the healing that is in Death Strike and put it into Heartstrike so that HeartStrike becomes a mini Enraged Regeneration, and make Death Strike provide a 30% physical damage reduction for a few seconds a la SotR. That would fix DKs almost instantly.

And completely agreed about gutting the everliving crap out of any raidcooldown not provided by healers. It makes them feel useless if a random DPS class can out burst heal them (hotwtranq/HealingTide/Devotion Aura).

Having so many cooldowns at our disposal makes it almost mandatory to overwhelm us with spike damage often and fights just become a 'cool down this at this time' game. Looking at you, Dark Shamans and Thok progression.

And a drastic cutting of absorb healing has to be done, or Holypally and Discpriest won't ever come down from their current thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    He never said there was more than one wave of mobs up. Learn to read before you accuse other people of failing.
    Speak of the devil. I never said he was doing anything wrong. I said his raid was.

Quote Originally Posted by LuisKA View Post
    I fail to see where does he say his raid gets more than a wave together.

Anyway yeah, if you have survability issues just have your mate taunt the boss. You should be able to survive it all with some CD management.
    His post outlines a deteriorating situation from first to second to third wave of adds. That sounds to me like not everything is getting cleared each Iron Star. I will admit to inferring that, so it might not be precisely what's going wrong.

Ok ..... to clear up, The waves died quickly enough(very quickly, way before the next wave came). The problem was me surviving.

Btw, are the player HUD's needed on ELVUI? I just downloaded it and am working on my UI .

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I was saying is that, they will take away something (fun) from us and replace it with something ultra linear and pretty set in stone whereas now it's fluctuating like you want.
    This is fun to me, even if it feels weird like mentioned earlier. And this is not the first weird mechanic of this game.
    Then what will be left is the healing part. I'm OK with all that. But why not introduce another AM spell which will benefit fron the new vengeance to compensate ?
    This will be something else to play with. Maybe apply it to the new L100 Holy shield. The higher the "vengeance", the higher the block chance (reasonably scaled of course).
    Or maybe I'm delusional and asking too much, dunno.
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

I'm also new to tanking and was wondering the best thought process on upping your hps?. Our crazy god heroic paly tank can put out 100k and sometimes higher depending on vengeance. Do you just spam wog or do you always wait for bastion 5 stack? 3 stack?

Deleted
    Hps usually comes with EF and putting an 5 bastion / high Vengeance EF on yourself ticks for nice amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    I'm also new to tanking and was wondering the best thought process on upping your hps?. Our crazy god heroic paly tank can put out 100k and sometimes higher depending on vengeance. Do you just spam wog or do you always wait for bastion 5 stack? 3 stack?
    I'd focus on overall damage mitigation (whether by smart play, CD usage, or by healing it up) than by looking good on the meters.

Keep in mind if you aren't taking much damage and you have good Disc Priests shielding your incoming damage, your effective HPS will be less, but you are no less effective as a tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I'd focus on overall damage mitigation (whether by smart play, CD usage, or by healing it up) than by looking good on the meters.

Keep in mind if you aren't taking much damage and you have good Disc Priests shielding your incoming damage, your effective HPS will be less, but you are no less effective as a tank.
    As an example:

When we did Garrosh heroic the intended 2 tank way our Dk would beat me on hps by about 10k - but I would beat everyone else - healers included on overhealing doing almost 150k overhealing. (This was before going 25 as I can no longer touch their overhealing).

Hi again.

I have a last question about potions/talents(lvl 75 and lvl 90 talents).
    Are potions needed as a protadin?
    Also, what talents should I be using? I've been using Holy avenger/Holy prism , but I'm thinking of switching to sanctified wrath. Any comments?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    Hi again.

I have a last question about potions/talents(lvl 75 and lvl 90 talents).
    Are potions needed as a protadin?
    Also, what talents should I be using? I've been using Holy avenger/Holy prism , but I'm thinking of switching to sanctified wrath. Any comments?
    Regarding pots, you can pre pot a strength pot and can use either the armor or str pot during the fight.

Regarding talent. Sanctified wrath is no good. You should be using DP for every fight in SoO. Unless you want to solo soak bloodrage on malkorok or solo tank Thok HC. Then HolyAvenger has merit.

The 90s Talents really depend on what you want to do. Prism is a very good allround talent. You can target a mob and heal 5 nearly players with it or you can target yourself and damage 5 mobs. Hammer gives decent AE burst, both for DMG and heal and ES does decent single target burst but is not far ahead of the other 2 damage wise. Really depends on the fights. ES is really nice to take down the add on Siegecrafter Blackfuse. Pop it a few seconds before he does his death from above and the last ticks should hit the add for a crazy amount.
    Last edited by mmocbe56772680; 2014-02-14 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    Regarding talent. Sanctified wrath is no good.
    Wat? Sanctified Wrath is just as good as HA for providing a high ShoR uptime, while being the higher dps boost and also granting 20% healing taken.

The main downside is it's higher cd but that is somewhat negated by the Malkorok trinket (in which case it's pretty much always superior to HA)

But isnt divine purpose useless without 4piece?

Deleted
    DP was the goto talent for T15.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    But isnt divine purpose useless without 4piece?
    It increases it's value a bit, but even without 4pc it's still very good at high haste.
    HA was slightly better previous tiers obviously because of the "low" level of haste only available and its short cd.

It increases it's value a bit, but even without 4pc it's still very good at high haste.
    HA was slightly better previous tiers obviously because of the "low" level of haste only available and its short cd.
    HA was also useful for boss fights where you are only actively tanking something for a short amount of time. HA gave ShoR an extremely high effective uptime on bosses like Jin'rokh or Ji'kun.