View Poll Results: Are you switching mains next expansion?

Voters
216. This poll is closed
  • Yeah, its time for a change.

62 28.70%
  • No! I'm sticking with my main.

154 71.30%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone looking to abandon their main character in WoD?

In MoP I ditched my Draenei Shaman main for a Pandaren Monk main. I haven't decided if the Monk will remain my main character in the next expansion. The free level 90 character makes this decision even more interesting depending on the changes that each class will be getting in the new expansion.

With that said, anyone else thinking about testing the waters with a new main character in WoD? If so, what are your reasons for the switch?

I abandoned my pally about 3 months ago and started working on my hunter to potentially main in WOD. It's still to early to see what class will have the most engaging playstyle in WoD but right now I'm leaning towards hunter and warrior. If they can clean up feral Druids I would go Druid in a heartbeat.

Try something you didn't do this expansion, maybe you didn't try Tanking(if you played as MW on your Monk). IMO Tanking is the best it has ever been this expansion, currently have 3 tanks for alts(560 Pala no cloak, 565 Monk cloak, 548 DK no cloak) which I've geared through guild alt raids and pugs.

Though, I have all classes at 90, the free 90 is a bit wasted but I might roll a 90 on another server as Alliance(all my 90s atm are Horde on 1 server) and play with my Alliance friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I main swapped from my Pally to my lock in wrath and never looked back.

10+ Year Old Account
    It counts on what is better
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I retired my pally 3 months before and now I'm playing a monk. Much better than pallies imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. If the beginning of Cata couldn't make me abandon my Ret Paladin, nothing can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never! Warrior for Life!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Rogue from dusk, rogue til dawn

So many paladins in this thread, secretly thinking of swapping classes

Shammy here, loving shammy, staying shammy, what could be better than throwing lava in the faces of your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post

Shammy here, loving shammy, staying shammy, what could be better than throwing lava in the faces of your enemies.
    Hexing them and them into a capacitor totem and then Thunderstorming them off a cliff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of tired of the constant roller coaster that is warlocks. And am going to change, once I find a hybrid I like.

Pures have no place in WoW anymore. they don't always do better. And now we have to compete for cloth gear with healers again. Which is just lovely. So screw that, with the new gear changes I am all about the hybrids

Maybe a dk, or a paladin
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will never replace my hunter for any other class. Fucking love having my animal companions by my side.

I will see what I find fun to play, Might play the warlock class of WoD (the one that got the biggest (AFAIK) changes to it).

I am leaning towards monk or Elemental Shaman. but my current goal is to lvl up all the classes and get them geared with LFR/Flex/Normal gear.

I moved from being a resto Druid to a BM Hunter about six months after MoP launched. The Hunter has been my #1 alt since BC, I have always enjoyed the class and the spec. I was always guilted into healing, so I never had much of a chance to swap mains. Now that I'm DPS, there is absolutely no way I would ever go back to healing. So, no. Probably won't be changing mains again unless it's to another DPS class and spec that I like more.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Never! Warrior for Life!
    /this

My warrior will always be my main char. Maybe with a greater focus on tanking...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I'm kind of tired of the constant roller coaster that is warlocks. And am going to change, once I find a hybrid I like.

Pures have no place in WoW anymore. they don't always do better. And now we have to compete for cloth gear with healers again. Which is just lovely. So screw that, with the new gear changes I am all about the hybrids

Maybe a dk, or a paladin
    The constant rollercoaster that is warlocks? In terms of overall performance we've had a spec in the top 5 since uhhhhhhhhhhh not even sure. Ever since I swapped in ICC we've been on top. If you're talking about mechanics we've seen our class change every expansion but after our overhaul in MoP we're quite possibly the most complete class. As long as you know the specs what can't we do?

We're good at soloing. Great in RBGs. Rank 1 viable in 3s. Top 3 for PvE in both 10s and 25s.

We can multi dot, cleave, burst and AoE. In PvE our self heals are disgusting and if a Warlock dies due to no heals he's doing it wrong. I don't think I've seen a lock be the first to die in a long long time, unless it's by player error.

None of our specs play the same yet they've all had moments of greatness this expansion and our worst spec is still better than most classes.

In RBGs we're one of those classes most people don't like running without. In raids we're one of the most desired classes period and no other class/role combo gets stacked more than us. Sure you might see more druids or paladins in a single 25 man but all different specs. No other dps takes up this many spots.

But clearly, pures have no place in WoW anymore. Locks are the worst of the pures in PvP yet we're still rank 1 viable. In PvE the top 4 DPS specs are Afflic, Destro, Arcane, Combat. Hunters are the worst pure in PvE but even they are competing and they clearly need a few changes to their mechanics. Seems to me like pures have a pretty solid place in the game.

I'm not even sure why I'm typing all of this. I guess it's just funny to me to see people complain about locks. Besides Mages no other class has been on top this consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to take off the training bubbles and move onto a real 2h class. What can brown do for you?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post

You got me.

Main prot pally, switching to blood dk for wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Time to take off the training bubbles and move onto a real 2h class. What can brown do for you?
    Hilarious!

But still, paladin main since 1.2, not about to change now.