View Poll Results: Transmog Sets from Store!

Voters
292. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd stand for that!

107 36.64%
  • Go to Hell you Store Lover!

185 63.36%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I don't really have a strong opinion either way.

I really would like to get the Challenge Mode armor (or armor like it) on some of my characters, but timed runs are not my thing. I'd rather see hard dungeons with a chance of dropping awesome looking pieces of gear.

As far as flat out buying sets of armor that are more detailed or have special effects on them compared to standard tier and pvp armor... I don't mind it as long as there are Challenge Modes and Achievements that also reward similarly detailed armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    It is a far conclusion to make.
    Not really. Many Cash Shop games split the duties between a dedicated Shop team and a dedicated Main Game team, or similar.

Even presuming it is false. The design model of transmog would be flawed for the worse.
    There is one way to make people pay money for transmog in the store. And that is by making that gear more attractive to the players than the other gear available.
    This however, has a bit more currency relative to a lot of preexisting examples.

The counterpoint, though, is that teams dedicated to producing cool-looking gear ends up giving you a wider variety of better options than just waiting for the trickle of tier sets every other patch. SWTOR non-shop gear does look fairly crap, but at the same time, the shop provides an amazing selection of looks you probably wouldn't see (ever) in just a standard sub model.

I prefer the wider set of options, but then, I also don't have an issue with microtransactions when they're done tastefully and don't directly impact the gameplay in pernicious ways (unlike say, most phone / Facebook games where it's engineered as pay-to-advance).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't particularly care, but I'd find it ridiculously pointless to buy.
    Transmog is about looking unique... buying store items defeats that in my mind.
    While I understand your point, I think it's not that problematic.
    Take the challenge mode sets or T5/6 as an example: They are way more common than store sets probably would ever be, yet they still serve their purpose.

Pffff why would people be ok with this.

If anything, we pay a sub, so transmorph sets should be introduced INGAME, not in a store.

Please
    they should just steal some ideas from the Swtor Real money store, it has all sorts of xp pots, transmog gear, pets etc, just copy/paste their ideas into your blizzstore! xD

My MaL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor For The Glory Of Ecchi