Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Solo Soaking 25H Malkorok's Blood Rage

Hey Guys,

This week our monk tank will be MIA, I've got the option of either tanking on my 560 Brewmaster alt or using my main. I know that doing it on Brewmaster is an absolute cake walk, but i'd much prefer to use my Warrior if the situation is a recurring one.

So my question is - Is it possible for a Prot Warrior to solo Soak the Blood Rage on 25-Heroic? Due to the kill speed of the encounter we're only getting one, so as far as externals go there is absolutely plenty. Shield Wall glyph and Rook's trinket will both be used in the one phase.

The tooltip reads 6,682,500 physical damage every second (I think it's actually every 1.2-1.3 seconds) for 20 seconds. We have 3 spriests and 2 WW monks, so we could also have them jumping in with 90% cooldowns to help alleviate a little bit of the damage if needed.

Any opinions/suggestions would be great, thanks!

Deleted
    It depends on how many external cds you have, and yes it's possible, by the last few cleaves you will have sick vengence which will let you get your sbars insanely high. Any other warriors in the group can use RC to boost your hp, PS, Ironbark, Hand of Sacrifice and so on there are tons of utilities.
    Just make up a good rotation so all cds does not fall for DR, and the cleave phase is about 20sec long so be sure to use last stand immediately because it will stay for the entire duration.

Deleted
    in 25 man you can do the cleave with Rook Trinket + Demo Roar + any 30% dmg reduction external for first half of it
    then have shield Wall, last Stand + any 30% dmg reduction along with shield barrier spamming as you should have vengence cap at this point and doing shield barriers worth well over 1million. if this isnt enough just stack the rest of the externals

Get barkskins, Pain suppressions, Sacs, Vigilence's in addition if not to sure or your cloak procs or something. All that stuff and you'll survive just fine.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Sne!

Our usual raid comp for Malkorok is something like 2-3 DPS warriors / 2 disc priests / 2 paladins / 1 druid for external cool-downs.

So i was thinking of using my cool-downs in this general order:

0:00 - 2x Paladin Sac's / Shield Wall (Glyphed) / Last stand / Demo Banner - Also tempted to use a Spriest or a Monk here to 90% for the first few swings while i don't have big barriers

0:05 - Rooks Trinket

0:08 - Pain Sup + Barrier / Vigilance / Demo Shout

0:14 - Pain Sup + Barrier / Vigilance / Ironbark

We also usually have multiple Spriests/WW Monks, so them using their 90% cd's in there as well to help with some of the hits is possible, but i'm not sure if that's overkill. Was also thinking it's probably useful to use my second Reck about 5-10 seconds in for the extra rage gen for barriers.

Let me know what you think!

- - - Updated - - -

I figured with barriers being as large as they are, that i wouldn't need as many externals as i'm using - Just trying to play it safe as i'd really like not to cause any wipes xD

Deleted
    Reck will definitely get you some extra rage, but i personally prefer to use it just after blood phase for maximum damage output.

Deleted
    Yes, important thing to get the most dps out is to save everything until after the phase is over and you will probably be at around 900k vengence, when this happens ask a paladin to give you salvation and then let the other tank taunt and make him tank while you keep your 900k for 20sec and dish out serious amounts of hurt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyphed shieldwall is unnecessary unless you know 100% that you will not get a second blood rage. Important to go into Blood Rage with a full (green) shield and no stacks of the debuff. Your order is about what I do. Except I find that even the second pain sup and barrier arent really necessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sne View Post
    keep your 900k for 20sec and dish out serious amounts of hurt!
    What fucked up class do you play if you can get 2mil hp?

Yes it is easily done.

Use every personal and CDs like banner and smoke bomb and disc bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Manigon View Post
    Vengeance doesnt cap at 50% of your health like it's supposed to.

We've done it wit ha solo Warrior tank since our first progression kill. Vigilance is awesome for it btw.

Deleted
    With 2 holy palas and 2 discs it should be fairly easy, just have your palas spamheal you nonstop during the phase and rotate externals.

Do not forget that when solo tanking you will go into phase 2 taking 60% increased damage taken or something ridiculous like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Manigon View Post
    Thanks for answering Gliff, but yes it's not cappin like it's supposed to so try to wield that vengence for as long as you can for maximum output

It was never supposed to cap at 50%. That was taken out MONTHS before this tier came out. The instant they made Vengeance 1/nth mob 50% was gone.

Deleted
    They did so many changes around vengence and reverting them so I barely remember what turned out to really happen...

Deleted
    Yes it is easily done.

Use every personal and CDs like banner and smoke bomb and disc bubble.

The idea that vengeance is meant to cap came from one GC tweet when 5.4 was on the PTR, it was never implemented yet the myth it does has persisted. I've even seen some high end tanks using a vengeance bar that stops at 50% of their HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    The idea that vengeance is meant to cap came from one GC tweet when 5.4 was on the PTR, it was never implemented yet the myth it does has persisted. I've even seen some high end tanks using a vengeance bar that stops at 50% of their HP.
    Meh. I thought it was supposed to but I knew it didnt.

Deleted
    Meh. I thought it was supposed to but I knew it didnt.
    I tweeted one of the devs asking for confirmation, just so it could be referenced and posted somewhere but he never replied.

I can confirm that it never went in. It was something they were going to try out, but later changed just how much vengeance you gain, and then adding in a scaling reduction for 1+N mobs.

People just assumed that the 50% hp value went in, when it never did as it was never in the 5.4 patch notes regarding vengeance (when the other two actually were.) It's just an issue of people seeing a tweet, assuming it's going to be in, and never doing their research/homework to find out if it really is.