Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    What they should do:

Questing/World Events/Scenarios: X45 ilvl - Blue Gear
    Heroic Scenario (With Timed Event)/Normal 100 Dungeon - X55 ilvl - Blue Gear
    Heroic Dungeon (Without Timed Event)/LFR - X65 ilvl - Blue Gear
    Normal Raid - X75 ilvl - Purple Gear
    Heroic Raid - X85 - Purple Gear
    Mythic Raid - 95(105 WF) - Purple Gear

Holy crap guys...... I just solved a massive power creep..... can I get a job now?
    The problem with this is that only a 10 ilvl jump between difficulties isn't enough, as stated in the past. The gear rewards don't feel big enough with just 10 ilvls. They had said that the right number feels around 13 ilvl jumps between new tiers. Secondly, The problem with challenge modes are the fact that they focus on time. Nothing hard about tossing some CC or Stealth around to beat a timer. The BC Heroics were built on something much more complex. I hope we do see a Normal Heroic and Mythic difficulty in our 5 mans. More content and more lifespan with the Mythic part instead as gear is set at a certain ilvl but still offer plyer power rewards over "Transmog".

Quote Originally Posted by robblerobble View Post
    I'm open for someone to explain to me how you can make a "hard heroic like bc" without there being a time limit. That's what I initially wanted as well, but I really can't come up with any scenario where that works. The mobs in challenge modes hurt, there are a lot of 1 shot mechanics. If I went in there with my group and we just took our time and cc everything and single target mobs down one at a time....that's easier, not to mention less fun. Ignore the time limit, current challenge mode dungeons are harder than bc heroics.
    Expect that current challenge modes are being done without a true healer just using for example an elemental shaman or hey you can go in with a three man team and still get gold. The current challenge modes just aren't that hard and just comes down to knowing what to do to bypass whatever mechanics you can and how much aoe the group can do.

Project 3 man

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    gonna be pretty tough to write a story thats darker than mists without being overly dark just for the sake of being overly dark
    I'm wondering the same thing. How do you make a story darker without changing the game's T rating, and will there be moments like the Purge of Dalaran that will be even more morally ambiguous that makes the story "harder" for players to settle on? It'd have to be borderline M to meet that criteria.

they are happy with the current business model.
    Who wouldn't be happy with the they give us all the money's model?

10+ Year Old Account
    "familiar mechanics". I DON'T WANT FAMILIAR MECHANICS! . That is what turned me off raiding in the end. It is no fun doing a boss that is doing the same moves one did 4 years ago! . It might be fine for new players but as someone who has raided for 7+ year it is just pure boredom.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Questing/World Events/Scenarios: X45 ilvl - Blue Gear
    Heroic Scenario (With Timed Event)/Normal 100 Dungeon - X55 ilvl - Blue Gear
    Heroic Dungeon (Without Timed Event)/LFR - X65 ilvl - Blue Gear
    Normal Raid - X75 ilvl - Purple Gear
    Heroic Raid - X85 - Purple Gear
    Mythic Raid - 95(105 WF) - Purple Gear
    You have a 50 ilvl difference in just 1 tier and you claim you solved the power creep? This is plain hilarious.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. How do you make a story darker without changing the game's T rating, and will there be moments like the Purge of Dalaran that will be even more morally ambiguous that makes the story "harder" for players to settle on? It'd have to be borderline M to meet that criteria.
    M rating pretty much just means the game has "intense" violence or sexual content.

You don't need an M rating to tell a mature story.

None of the Warcraft games have had an M rating.

Deleted
    of course they are happy with the current model. subscription AND a cash shop. who would pass that up as long as fanboys have nothing against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    You have a 50 ilvl difference in just 1 tier and you claim you solved the power creep? This is plain hilarious.
    You do understand that's right in line with mop at release right? Back when mop released a fresh 90 would be able to pick up a few 450 ilvl blues before going into heroics (463) which would lead into MSV (489) which would lead into HoF/ToES (496) and finally heroic raids (502-516).
    Last edited by Cyno; 2014-01-31 at 10:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyno View Post
    You do understand that's right in line with mop at release right? Back when mop released a fresh 90 would be able to pick up 450 ilvl blues before going into heroics (463) which would lead into MSV (489) which would lead into HoF/ToES (496) and finally heroic raids (502-516).
    Yeah, but that is PRECISELY what caused the MOP power creep XDDD
    So, someone who claims he "solved the power creep" by using a "solution" leading to power creep is indeed hilarious.
    MMO player

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor has a harder and darker story than Mists of Pandaria did.
    Cool now more WoW aimed at children still breastfeeding.

So WoD's story will be darker?

That's cool, but MoP had a pretty dark storyline itself. But of course, some dipshits can't get past "OMG Kung FU Pandas are for Children!!", even despite MoP having some incredibly dark moments, and having a greater focus upon the Horde / Alliance conflict than the other expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

I also like the comments on the 1st page going on about how speedruns don't equate to TBC, and that Blizzard are missing the point, even though the paragraph directly above the one they quote says "but the focus is on speed and not as much on having to use as much CC, so they don't capture the essence of Burning Crusade era Heroics."

- - - Updated - - -

So Blizzard are well aware that speed has nothing to do with the supposed difficulty of TBC heroics. Which weren't that hard anyway.

Love these interviews ... "We had an idea to do A, B and C, but we're not doing any of those, so we'll just do the same stuff we already did for 8 years with minimal changes."

I guess when you have millions paying for scraps, why bother.

Combination of them thinking arenas weren't "good" in BC despite massive reward levels and participation - and the cut for spots this season - really makes me not want to keep subbing for PvP.

Yes; It was imbalanced in PvP - but people felt like it was actually worth doing. 2's at least gave rewards (And had the same issues it had now - Honk honk.) and it's getting old that I see nothing but BC gladiator drakes over Cataclysm/MoP ones. Only WoTLK one I see now ways most likely due to model issues is Wrathful.
    The only reason more classes are viable is because of bad game mechanics that make it unfun. (Lava Burst Globals, Stupid Tanky Warriors, Ice Lance Spam, Unhealable Unholy Damage, LolHunterCC/Damage, Cyclone Spamming.)

After two patches of doing nothing but this crap I have no idea why the hell they think this is fine for an MMORPG end game PvP system.

wPvP zone doesn't provide similar rewards I'm out. I don't want to play this imbalanced crap anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohanitos View Post
    more expansionS after Wod LOL thought was just one more, will this be a 15 year old game and more? omg
    So who told you there was going to be just one more expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

it's no small wonder, how their opionens change ... just 2 or 3 months ago it was : wow will never be going f2p model, and now : There are no plans for going free to play right now ......

which says that f2p isn't far off

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck yes. I absolutely love, and also looking forward to most of these changes.

Lets just hope Blizzard doesn't go any furtherer with the Shop. The line has already been crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lierial View Post
    it's no small wonder, how their opionens change ... just 2 or 3 months ago it was : wow will never be going f2p model, and now : There are no plans for going free to play right now ......

which says that f2p isn't far off
    There's something about that attitude I'm really fond of.
    'Any plans to go F2P in the forseeable future?'
    'Nope.'
    MMO-Champion headline: F2P confirmed, likely coming next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZombie View Post
    There's something about that attitude I'm really fond of.
    'Any plans to go F2P in the forseeable future?'
    'Nope.'
    MMO-Champion headline: F2P confirmed, likely coming next week.
    It's not just on MMO-champion forums, it's everywhere and it's called modern journalism
    MMO player

One idea that came up for Warlords of Draenor was offering a chance of LFR level rewards for completing hard dungeons with a deliberate pace. This would give players that wanted more challenging content a way to do harder content with friends and still be rewarded well.
    Great. 25 totally random players mass running thru unknown content as fast as possible. Here's the scenario: go go go go wipe drop raid