Deleted

Resto 4-set Bonus

Hello fellow Druids. I don't know if this question has been posted here before or not but here goes..

So my guild is getting pretty close to killing Spoils on heroic mode, and I'm thinking if it's worth swapping my last two NM gear pieces to heroic head from Sha of pride and heroic legs from spoils of pandaria.

It will give me an increase in ilvl and thus hopefully increase my output in healing more than my 4set bonus, which I feel don't really heal that much.

My armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B3fa/advanced

WoL Report from one of our raids where you can see that the 4 set does not heal much at all:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2v...gtj/dashboard/

Cheers!

Deleted
    @Rekkiem: I think you are mixing up the bonuses.
    You are refering to the 2 set bonus, which as far as I understood zofa, he will keep.

The 4 set bonus is the intial heal for Wild Growth (Spark of Life), which did 1.3%(Full log)/1.8%(Boss Kills only) of his healing.

If the increased iLvl will compensate this healing I can not say.
    Last edited by mmocdd8a2475c1; 2014-01-31 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    Id say just replace it, 4p bonus feels really worthless in 10 mans to me this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    I just checked my logs for last night's farm raid. Healing touch did 5% of my healing, most of that would have come from 3+ stacks of sage mender.
    Keep in mind that you'd probably cast quite a few of those anyway using Nature's Swiftness, so you can't directly translate Healing Touch healing into Sage Mender healing. Most of the times you use Sage Mender HTs are also times when you'd otherwise cast Regrowth. Since they take the same amount of time to cast (i.e. one GCD) and heal for roughly the same (if RG is glyphed and you include Living Seed healing), didn't actually gain any healing. You saved a decent amount of mana and gained some utility in being able to move while casting and having the heal land at the start of the GCD rather than the end, but your actual healing done didn't necessarily increase at all.

2T16 is very useful and will save lives by allowing you to use Sage Mender and NS after each other to quickly heal two targets, but don't expect it to have any impact on your total healing done.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Keep in mind that you'd probably cast quite a few of those anyway using Nature's Swiftness, so you can't directly translate Healing Touch healing into Sage Mender healing. Most of the times you use Sage Mender HTs are also times when you'd otherwise cast Regrowth. Since they take the same amount of time to cast (i.e. one GCD) and heal for roughly the same (if RG is glyphed and you include Living Seed healing), didn't actually gain any healing. You saved a decent amount of mana and gained some utility in being able to move while casting and having the heal land at the start of the GCD rather than the end, but your actual healing done didn't necessarily increase at all.

2T16 is very useful and will save lives by allowing you to use Sage Mender and NS after each other to quickly heal two targets, but don't expect it to have any impact on your total healing done.
    the theory is that you will do less healing with a HT than a rejuvenation, but in reality it leaves you with more mana, and saves you around 17k mana everytime you have to quickly heal someone and reduces your reaction time by about 1 second compared to regrowth. and also it reduces the CD on NS by quite a lot. from 6-21 seconds seems like a normal number.

and yes you cant really give it a number, but this is a set bonus that puts druids in close to a god tier healing position, obviously after sick broken disc priests though. Due to the nature of versatility and the entire healing kit seems to fulfill everything that seems to be expected from a healing team, which is slightly heavy instant heals, powerful hots, aoe heals of different kinds, also some dps from the last tier, druids are currently a jack of all trades, which is a term that is either used for OP or UP rarely balanced, but I believe resto druids is right inbetween atm, present in everything, strongest at spread healing. Yet not considered either shit or OP. Well done for once by blizz. Hope they won't fuck it up.

also I'd like this set bonus to replace ysera's gift as a talent, it would fit in better.

On topic though: the 4p bonus isn't really worth much as you are casting wild growth pretty much on SM cd not on WG cd, I found it useful on thok though, but as soon as you got him under control you should consider dropping the 4p. Not even sure if the set bonus is worth the difference in WF loot even.
    Last edited by theburned; 2014-02-01 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    I'd say change for ilvl as long as you have the 2Piece bonus

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    On topic though: the 4p bonus isn't really worth much as you are casting wild growth pretty much on SM cd not on WG cd, I found it useful on thok though, but as soon as you got him under control you should consider dropping the 4p. Not even sure if the set bonus is worth the difference in WF loot even.
    From what I remember of number crunching, you get the best sustained HPS by casting WG on cooldown regardless of SM and saving SM for when WG next comes off cooldown (using it one GCD before WG is ready so you can cast it immediately, obviously). One SotF WG and one regular WG every 20 seconds heal for significantly more than one SotF WG every 15, while only costing you two extra GCDs per minute. It also has the advantage of distributing the healing more evenly over time and across the raid.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    From what I remember of number crunching, you get the best sustained HPS by casting WG on cooldown regardless of SM and saving SM for when WG next comes off cooldown (using it one GCD before WG is ready so you can cast it immediately, obviously). One SotF WG and one regular WG every 20 seconds heal for significantly more than one SotF WG every 15, while only costing you two extra GCDs per minute. It also has the advantage of distributing the healing more evenly over time and across the raid.
    I feel a regular WG is quite weak, while the extra mana cost from using wg on cooldown isn't really my playstyle, but sure its probably higher sustained hps.

Also the math is giving a very good picture as to what it actually is, as you compare 1 sotf wg + wg every 20 sec, instead of a sotf wg every 15 sec

basically its 1 less sotf wg pr minutes, 3 more regular wg, so basically its 2 (+2) rejuvs + sotf wg vs 3 wg

14k-16k mana pr minute, might not mean much, but tends to mean a bit less than 2 extra rejuvs pr minutes also, which will be a much bigger gain at the start of an expansion, even though not very relevant now, but you should still get just enough spirit to survive the healing intensive fights, so that you get a nice amount of throughput.
    so you end up with a pretty even number, also you can compare it to the sotf wg, wg, sotf rejuv, wg, sotf wg, rotation. Heard it's supposed to be quite good, but as long as I can keep my raid up I am happy,

I dropped my 4 set (full heroic) for 2 heroic thunderforged and my healing has gone up. It's a terrible set bonus that doesn't next to nothing for you. The amount of healing is trivial.

Deleted
    Great responses everyone! Now that my guild has got HC spoils down I am going to change my parts as soon as they drop