Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    calling utter BS, at least on it being the weed that killed her. the amount of weed in your system it takes to kill you is nothing short of impossible. that joint or whatever it is had something else in it.
    Uhm, yeah, the coroner and the pathologist disagree with you but, hey, what do they know?!?

Deleted
    Daily Mail is one teeny weeny step above the Onion in trustworthy news.

The only deaths in recorded history related to THC were synthetic pills like 10 years back, i think 4 people were killed. The substance was synthetic, made to resemble pure THC, but obviously it failed miserably.

Light up and enjoy, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilobyte View Post

The only deaths in recorded history related to THC were synthetic pills like 10 years back, i think 4 people were killed. The substance was synthetic, made to resemble pure THC, but obviously it failed miserably.

The Daily Mail is not only news source that has reported this and despite the Mail's sensationalist spin the death has been recorded by Bournemouth Coroners Court as a consequence of the abuse of drugs.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the people on these forums smoke weed it seems, wow such coolness.. I might imagine now why discussions are a total waste here..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The Daily Mail is not only news source that has reported this and despite the Mail's sensationalist spin the death has been recorded by Bournemouth Coroners Court as a consequence of the abuse of drugs.
    So it was the direct cause? It didn't just trigger anything? Even if the coroners report would state that it was the DIRECT cause that still doesn't prove anything. You do realize that only peer reviewed studies would prove it, right? Coroners make horrible mistakes and misjudgements all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Most of the people on these forums smoke weed it seems, wow such coolness.. I might imagine now why discussions are a total waste here..
    Do you know how many people die directly and inderectly because of alcohol? Do you know how many teens die due to abuse of alcohol each year? How many families and lives have been ruined by alcohol?

Do you even realize how easy it is to get alcohol poisoning?

Is alcohol still legal?

Every scientific study I've read shows the amount of cannabis you need to consume to be lethal is quite literally impossible to do. Drowning yourself by drinking water is easier.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Every scientific study I've read shows the amount of cannabis you need to consume to be lethal is quite literally impossible to do. Drowning yourself by drinking water is easier.
    Exactly. And I highly doubt that the coroner report stated that it was the direct cause. It might be possible for substences to trigger various conditions in the body but that is far from "WEEEED IS KILLING TEH PEOPLZ!!!!11"

I have read on a science study that the amount of cannabis you need to intake to overdose is like 1-2 kilograms in 15 minutes and that is impossible

More bullshit propaganda from the daily fail!

Cannabis does not kill people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Knowing the facts isn't trying to be cool, it's not being ignorant. You can abstain from smoking cannabis and still know that the article the OP linked is utter bullshit.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    So it was the direct cause? It didn't just trigger anything? Even if the coroners report would state that it was the DIRECT cause that still doesn't prove anything. You do realize that only peer reviewed studies would prove it, right? Coroners make horrible mistakes and misjudgements all the time.
    Have you any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Professionals whose job it is to record and explain the cause of death have found that she died as result of abuse of drugs and you claim they are wrong.

According to the BBC "A post-mortem examination found she died a result of cannabis toxicity. It is thought she may have suffered a cardiac arrest triggered by the drug." Deaths from cannabis poisoning are extremely rare but that does not mean that they do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Do you know how many people die directly and inderectly because of alcohol? Do you know how many teens die due to abuse of alcohol each year? How many families and lives have been ruined by alcohol?

Do you even realize how easy it is to get alcohol poisoning?

Is alcohol still legal?
    What has that got to do with this woman's death? Drinkers are, or should be, aware of the health risks from alcohol yet cannabis smokers seem in complete denial that their drug of choice can be harmful to their health. By all means if you enjoy a smoke continue to do so but ignoring the health risks does not make them cease to exist.

Deleted

I thought onion news = daily mail?
    MINDBLOWN!

That sounds off.

I don't believe it, one would pass out long before they could be poisoned, if that were even possible under one's own means.

I mean even if you tried to poison yourself with weed it would be difficult to do... if possible without someone poisoning you or splicing it with something else.

Deleted
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...2#.UuuFIfl_vwg

If you can't trust the Mirror, who can you trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    That sounds off.

I don't believe it, one would pass out long before they could be poisoned, if that were even possible under one's own means.

I mean even if you tried to poison yourself with weed it would be difficult to do... if possible without someone poisoning you or splicing it with something else.
    Ehm... As much as you don't want to believe it, it's still fully possible. People die from cardiac arrest as a result of a peanut allergy, for example. This may have not been any different (or it may have been very different, but still).
    It's completely possible that she died as a result of smoking weed.

Synthetic = bad is not an argument you want to follow.
    Last edited by Stir; 2014-01-31 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    In other news, last night 30 people around the world died from alcoholpoisoning.

Deleted
    Have you any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Professionals whose job it is to record and explain the cause of death have found that she died as result of abuse of drugs and you claim they are wrong.

According to the BBC "A post-mortem examination found she died a result of cannabis toxicity. It is thought she may have suffered a cardiac arrest triggered by the drug." Deaths from cannabis poisoning are extremely rare but that does not mean that they do not exist.

What has that got to do with this woman's death? Drinkers are, or should be, aware of the health risks from alcohol yet cannabis smokers seem in complete denial that their drug of choice can be harmful to their health. By all means if you enjoy a smoke continue to do so but ignoring the health risks does not make them cease to exist.

Maybe you should try to reread my posts and realize that I simply questioned that it was the direct cause. And a BBC quote is NOT the coroners report and as I said I highly doubt it was the direct cause. I also really REALLY do not like the word "may have" in such a statement. Journalists have the tendency to be very selective, they even manage to pull one quote from 800 pages of a study to just tell you "XYZ GIVES YOU CANCER!!!11"
    And never ever put blind trust into professionals, you may wanna look into important cases where coroners have been wrong.

That statement wasn't for you but for another person claiming that weed is so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Ehm... As much as you don't want to believe it, it's still fully possible. People die from cardiac arrest as a result of a peanut allergy, for example. This may have not been any different (or it may have been very different, but still).
    It's completely possible that she died as a result of smoking weed.
    No. People do not die because of peanuts but because of their allergic reacion. How many news articles go: PEANUT KILLS WOMEN!!!!11 ? Ah right......none. Even in law this makes a huge difference.

It was not a direct cause. You cannot attribute deaths to random things or triggers and in fact it isn't done in science or law. The only place where it is done is in "journalism".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    In other news, last night 30 people around the world died from alcoholpoisoning.
    Only 30? Probably A LOT more than that.
    Last edited by mmoc0d8e6c2903; 2014-01-31 at 12:13 PM.

Because FACT proves this story to be wrong. The only way for Cannabis to kill you is if something is put in it that shouldn't be there or it triggers a already present health condition.

You would have to smoke around 1 ton of Cannabis to get poisoned by it.

Sit two guys next to each other one drinking any form of alcohol"Or doing any other drug" and the other smoking Cannabis and guess what the guy drinking Alcohol/Doing other drugs will die first.

As others have stated you would pass out before being posioned by it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-01-31 at 12:20 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Chances are the weed was laced with something. It'd been well documented and noted even by the Medical / Science community that you'd need to take in a phenomenal amount of Marijuana in order to die from it, and it's not something you can overdose on in the same way you can with Meth or Heroin.

Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    Thoughts? Yes any smoke is a bad smoke but still lol..

WARNING DIALYMAIL ARTICLE
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...joint-bed.html
    You're aware that Daily Mail is utter turd and yet you still link to it? The amount of gross inaccuracies in their stories is frightening.

I love the headline though. 'Devout Christian, mother of 3'... So what? How is any of that even relevant? Or is it just emotive garbage thrown in to provoke moral outrage against cannabis.

I've even found one glaring inconsistency in the article itself already:

On the night of October 28 last year Miss Moss, who had two sons, Tyler, 15, and Tessiah, eight, and a daughter who lives abroad, went to bed after rolling a joint.
    Two sons, Tessiah, AND a daughter who lives abroad? So either the Daily Mail can't count and she has 4 children, or their grasp of the english language is awful. I could believe either of these.

As has been mentioned, it's stupidly difficult to die of cannabis overdose. You'll die of something else on your way to the lethal amount. From the sounds of it, since they mention it caused a heart attack, it sounds like she had some medical condition related to her heart and that's what the true problem was. Yes, maybe the drug was the final nail in the coffin, but then if you had pre-existing medical conditions then smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol will also tip you over the edge.

Just fuck you, Daily Mail. Fuck you for your inconsistent and manipulative garbage.