Showing Debuffs on Enemy Nameplates (besides TidyPlates)

Basically, I hate TidyPlates and the only reason to use it for me is to show debuffs. Is there another addon that does this, or some way TidyPlates can use the exact default Blizzard nameplates but include debuffs above it?

Really, you HATE an addon? You must not have been exposed to much in your life...

out of interest, what is it that turns you away from TidyPlates?

Deleted
    PlateBuffs can do this.. As a standard it uses the default Blizzard nameplates and shows the debuffs above their head. I dont think the version that is on curse is being updated though.. But I installed the version from wowinterface last night and it works just fine.

I use it together with TidyPlates though (tidyplates for nameplates & platebuff for debuffs above the nameplates). Looks excellent

Deleted
    The problem with aura buttons on a nameplate is that a nameplate has no UnitID information in first place. You need to find a matching GUID for your nameplate first.

There are 2 libs that can help you do it:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/libnameplate-1-0/ (for getting the unit GUID)
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/libaurainfo-1-0/ (for getting aura info for a unit GUID)

One of the tiniest addons that has unit GUID caching is QuestPlates from semlar.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...estPlates.html

Once you have a unit GUID you can use lib-aurainfo (or anything similar) to track the unit auras.

There is no easy way around this.

Nameplates that use this technique (sort of):

Additionally you need really good caching and frame re-usage.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2014-01-31 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenvon View Post
    PlateBuffs can do this.. As a standard it uses the default Blizzard nameplates and shows the debuffs above their head. I dont think the version that is on curse is being updated though.. But I installed the version from wowinterface last night and it works just fine.

I use it together with TidyPlates though (tidyplates for nameplates & platebuff for debuffs above the nameplates). Looks excellent
    Is a fan update of Platebuffs, see the link provided by Zork.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by stevietv View Post
    out of interest, what is it that turns you away from TidyPlates?
    It fixes what was never broken, I dislike the unintuitive interface, it doesn't customize to how I want it to work (like the default nameplates...) with minor aesthetic things and I've overall just had a very frustrating experience with it over the years. One big thing for example is transparency, which isn't available as a slider. The difficulty with telling whether an NPC is in combat with you or not, the aggro highlight, etc. When I use an addon, I like something like Bartender or Pitbull. Lots of options and ability to customize. TidyPlates is basically a bunch of presets with superficial options.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenvon View Post

Yeah, I tried this. It does exactly what I wanted it to do. I just worry about next expansion, since I'm not sure someone will keep it up-to-date. I'll keep using it until it breaks, though.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-01-31 at 10:24 PM.