Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Krasarang VS Karasang

Not a very interesting thread, but just something weird I noticed since MOP Release.

It seems that a very high percentage of MOP Players still refer to "Krasarang Wilds" as "Karasang Wilds". Me included. In fact, I only learnt that it was Krasarang about a month ago. When writing, and spoken on Ventrilo, it's often mis-pronounced. Seen it done 3x this morning in separate threads as well lol.

Strange how some words confuse more than others

I've heard that as well. I don't get how it happens, don't people know how to read or something? A good friend of mine has a lot of difficulty reading a word (or name) that he's never heard of and pronouncing it correctly, even when it in no way breaks standard rules of pronunciation...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

My experience is just the opposite, everyone i've ever heard say it has pronounced it correctly since release

I usually say Karasang.

Krasarang just feels unnatural to pronounce.

Deleted
    I've never seen anyone call it Karasang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    I've heard that as well. I don't get how it happens, don't people know how to read or something?
    I'm pretty high standard reading level. I was clearing CS Lewis novels at a young age, but I always called it Karasang. Possibly because I just heard people call it that on Ventrilo and followed on. Either that or it's because I tend to skim when I read

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I've never seen anyone call it Karasang.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-do-i-gear-up/

Direct copy and paste. Pandaria ---> Jade Forest -------> Karasang ------> Kun Lai --------->Townlong ----------------> Dreadwastes Thats how you should do it.

That's without even having to search

oh and also the post above yours........
    Last edited by mmoc71c5112e9f; 2014-01-31 at 11:19 AM.

Yeah until today I never saw karasang either. Krasarang seems easy enough to read and pronounce to me as well.

I feel krasarang is a better name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Karasang is just a better name.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveReadycheck View Post
    I'm pretty high standard reading level. I was clearing CS Lewis novels at a young age, but I always called it Karasang. Possibly because I just heard people call it that on Ventrilo and followed on. Either that or it's because I tend to skim when I read

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-do-i-gear-up/

Direct copy and paste. Pandaria ---> Jade Forest -------> Karasang ------> Kun Lai --------->Townlong ----------------> Dreadwastes Thats how you should do it.

That's without even having to search

oh and also the post above yours........
    Well obviously, until this point though I'd never seen it. Nor do I understand why someone would spell it incorrectly.

Krasarang makes sense. It sounds Indonesian, which is exactly what the area is supposed to look like. I've never thought of it as 'Karasang,' nor noticed people using it that way in chat or something.

Like Felfury, I have never seen anyone refer to it as "karasang" outside of this thread. (Again, not saying it doesn't/didn't happen, just that I never saw it).

It's one of those brain fart things. The brain usually only needs to read the first and last letters of most words to know what it is and doesn't matter what the middle letters are.
    Here is an example;
    I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.
    So I'm guessing when people read Krasarang as Karasang their brain had a 'brain fart' moment and skipped the letters in between and filled the gap itself lol.

I have made the mistake as have many others. I guess it depends on your realm? One person makes the mistake, it catches on.

Deleted
    Simply people who are to lazy to look at the map, and then relate the name to Karazhan, making it Karasang.
    I've even seen Karasong, which just blows my mind.

Deleted
    I never heard anyone spell it karasang, maybe it only happens when spoken in english language.

I've never seen Karasang until today, but so far today I've seen it 3 times in various places, 4 if you include this thread lol.

I've never seen this happen before, and I don't understand why people have such issues with zone names in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I hate it when I see it, and I see it pretty much every time someone mentions the zone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I usually say Karasang.

Krasarang just feels unnatural to pronounce.
    Kr is the same as in crash, so I don't see why it would be unnatural. Just call it Crasharang, or a Crashing Boomerang!

I've never had that problem because Kra (kera) means macaque and sarang means nest in my native tongue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I call it Kasarang because of a guildie's toon name that starts with Kas LOL
    but to anyone outside of guild I would call it Krasarang.