Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Kr is the same as in crash, so I don't see why it would be unnatural. Just call it Crasharang, or a Crashing Boomerang!
    People mistyping zone names normally annoys me, but Crasharang is amazing haha

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always spelt it Krasarang, but I sometimes miss the first 'r' when pronouncing it, so I end up with Kasarang.

I've never seen or heard Karasang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen it before, and nor can I understand it. If you speak English as a first language and struggle then I'd love to see you read a Chinese restaurant menu. It's really not that hard.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Never seen it before, and nor can I understand it. If you speak English as a first language and struggle then I'd love to see you read a Chinese restaurant menu. It's really not that hard.
    lol it's nothing to do with "Struggling". It's just how bad habits catch on and how some people just skim words without reading it properly. I call it Karasang due to hearing other people say it, despite knowing full well that it's Krasarang. I have no problems with reading Chinese menus. My bank statement will back that up. Pretty good with Indians as well. And Dominoes.

On the other hand, my friend is completely incompetent when it comes to reading. Below are some of his new names for chars/areas

Goldshire - Goldshear
    Lord Rhyolith - Lord Realnith ? (NO IDEA)
    Alystraza - Alexrazor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I've never seen or heard Karasang.
    Kara like karazhan? that's weird.

i can sort of understand why people saying Ogrimmar instead of Orgrimmar but kara seems way off lol
    Hi

Deleted
    Never seen Karasang.

Deleted
    I was calling it Karasang in the first 2-3 months of MoP. Then I looked at the map during 5.1... I realized it was Krasarang o_o

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've never called it anything other than Krasarang, but back in TBC, I went through the whole expansion calling Nagrand 'Nagarand'.

Deleted
    My mother always says Karasang even though I've corrected her multiple times. Well now I know it's not just her.

I've never seen or heard anyone say Karasang.

I say it as Kasarang, not because I think thats how you say it, I know I'm wrong, just habit.

It's what I first read it as, and it stuck.

KARAsang though? Never heard that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard of Tonlong Steppes but not of Karasang Wilds.
    I still have to check multiple times when I write Azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excepting typos, I don't think I've ever spelled or pronounced anything wrong in WoW... I am a certifiable linguaphile, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    I say it as Kasarang, not because I think thats how you say it, I know I'm wrong, just habit.

It's what I first read it as, and it stuck.

KARAsang though? Never heard that.
    I say Kasarang too! I don't feel alone now.

I just call people out for not being able to read when I hear it pronounced incorrectly. Wanna not be called out? Learn to read.

My housemate called it Shathrah for about 2 years before I corrected him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I play on EU, and I've never seen anyone say "Karasang". But then again, I don't see or hear the name mentioned that much either.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    I don't get how it happens, don't people know how to read or something?
    Pretty much. I don't see how it's difficult to pronounce if you actually read the word, and I have a horrible tendency to transpose words and letters.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have dyslexia to verying degrees, and this being a word they have never seen before, it would be easy to jumble the letters up.

For fuck sake some people seem like they were home schooled, and have no idea that other people can have mental or physical problems.

/rant

If I'm talking about it, I pronounce it "Karasang", but when typing in guild chat or something I usually just say "the Wilds"
    I don't bother trying to spell things if I don't know how to 100%, and I can't be bothered to open the map and check, hate having to retype :P
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    People have dyslexia to verying degrees, and this being a word they have never seen before, it would be easy to jumble the letters up.
    Also this, personally it's bad enough for me to have to retype words because I wrote it backwards