Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Nope, quite the opposite on the realm I am on.
    Have you not gotten connected to other realms yet?
    That one change alone single-handedly saved the game and our realm for us, and I have never been more excited for an expansion knowing the amount of people I will see again!

That being said, if any 25 man guild is going to 10 NOW, they are confused. There is absolutely no reason to be doing 10 man now, and I would encourage any raiding group to begin preparing for mythic.

Most 10 man groups don't understand how much planning and vocal leadership is required to keep 20+ people focused so if you want to stay relevant when the patch drops, its best to prepare now.

All the gear will be replaced when leveling, so unless you are 10-12 bosses deep, its time to just start recruiting or discussing mergers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Anyone else have similar experiences? It's very reminiscent of late cataclysm to me. I am curious as to whether other realms are feeling the pinch, too.
    I feel guilds have been falling apart all of MOP, not just now, not just "late" expansion.

Field Marshal
    Guild is stronger than ever. Raid team is keepin' on, but non-primary raid members have blossomed and guild community keeps improving.

How quickly a realm merger happens will make or break my realm. We were once a high pop realm, which has slowly declined since Wrath, and just ticked down to low for the first time two weeks ago. Many guilds have transferred off over the last two tiers and many have fallen apart. No one will realm transfer to my dying server, which makes recruiting virtually impossible at this point. The current pool of heroic capable raiders is slim to none. At the time in the game when I need to be expanding my roster in preparation for WoD mythic, I can do nothing but wait for a merger (yet unannounced in the list). For those medium to low realms that haven't been connected, it's been a rougher than usual end of expansion. I just hope there's enough left to pick up the pieces when (if) we finally get merged.

probably due to the new WoW killer... Hearthstone!
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    If trickle down economics is working, it's only because there is a damn leak somewhere! -The One Percent

Stormrage is as busy as ever. In fact I think all the guilds leaving those other servers keep coming over here. Shoo fly, Stormrage is full.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

Well, my server began having queues mid-December. We didn't have queues since the launch of Cataclysm.

Granted the hollidays had some effect on this boom in players, it is evidence that activity is soaring here. Raiding activity is pretty high as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    N
    That being said, if any 25 man guild is going to 10 NOW, they are confused. There is absolutely no reason to be doing 10 man now, and I would encourage any raiding group to begin preparing for mythic.

they are not confused - they lost lost so many raiders that they are unable to put up 25 man team and their only choice of they want to keep raiding is to switch to 10 man -_-

My old realm (Mazrigos EU) has been having 'similar' but not as severe issues for the past 2-3 months, ive seen some of the best guilds there die real quick, some lower guilds keep vanishing and popping up everywhere.

EU Al'Akir - Definitely seen several of the guilds who were close to us progression wise fall apart. The way I see it now, there's only going to be a few 10 man guilds who will survive the Mythic raid size, the rest will (or have already) disband or try to merge (haven't happened yet). Everyone knows, that if you wanna survive Mythic as a 10 man guild, you need to be recruiting massively. We're going 25 man for the first time tonight and I even think that's a bit late. 10 man guilds formed by players from the same country will have a hard time, unless they're Paragon^^.

25 man guilds are in a better spot overall imo but I still see 25 man guilds fall a part as well. I don't think that's got anything to do with Mythic though, that's most likely just the usual crap that happens with casual 25 man guilds.

So to sum up: Things are as I would have expected on my own realm.

My realm has taken another jump, with about 4-5 other guilds (new guilds) not able to work out in the past week and merging with an older social guild that is attempting to go 25man to hang on till WoD.

The last 25man attempted guild fell apart in 2 weeks, and I would be surprised if a multi-guild merge with such crazy 'leaders' is going to work out either.

So I think we're down to 3 guilds raiding heroic at all? Not even the new guilds are really getting raids together right now.

~No merge in sight yet. Not that I'm looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

if Mythic is something your guild wants, it's evolve now or GTFO!

We could of been downing Heroics with no issues, but instead we have been struggling to put together 20 good raiders. That in itself is a feat. And it has taken months. We are currently only 5/14 Heroic as a 25m guild. And it's tempting to just go 10m and catch up with the other 10m's in progression, but then we would start losing all the players who were benched. I like 25m better in SoO. More loot, and WF was a great bonus incentive. BUT I honestly can't stand the struggles of keeping a decent player base that come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    So as the title says the last couple months have been pretty brutal for my realm. It's a fairly casual realm that hasn't cleared heroic yet, but at this rate might not at all.

Guilds have been disbanding, reorganizing, merging, etc. left and right. 25 man guilds dropping to 10 even though mythic is within sight. A slowly decaying realm seems to be making it's last splutters as progress comes to a standstill and has been for 3~ months now.

Anyone else have similar experiences? It's very reminiscent of late cataclysm to me. I am curious as to whether other realms are feeling the pinch, too.
    Not feeling it so much here. A lot of more casual people are beginning to dip into normals now in new guilds. Some of the older ones struggles a bit with the amount of players they have, since it's so late and they lose core members in their groups.
    Overall it doesn't seem that bad at us.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    Stormrage is as busy as ever. In fact I think all the guilds leaving those other servers keep coming over here. Shoo fly, Stormrage is full.
    Stormrage is just gunna get even more busy now that vodka is there and all the fans follow them , oh the queue times... oh well still miles better than when i was on draka ...it will always be home but damn that place is dead , 2-3 guilds that can actually clear normals on the whole server...i dont miss it at all except during wrath when it was actually busy, cata really hit that place hard

New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Paladin into a Warrior.