Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
LastLast
  1. #601
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Runescape. It had well over 100 million accounts back in like, 2010, 2012? And there were only like, 8 million of those actively playing, and it's likely less by now, because there are far better F2P MMOs out now (Neverwinter, for instance). Assuming Runescape is still going, it's not inconceivable to think that it has lost more subs than WoW.
    This^

    One big reason why the subscription numbers fall is mainly because of boredom with the game, or people feel as though they don't have time for it.

    It is why Blizzard has pushed for things to do other then dungeons, raiding, and PvP. Since I've played there's been, HM Dungeons/Raids, Scenarios, more BGs, more dungeons and raids, pet battles, arenas, rated BGs, and more. (I probably missed a few things.) It's the fact that people get bored of something they've been doing for years, even months. It's not crazy to think that in this day and age WoW, or any video game for that matter, can get old in how quickly we as people move to one thing to another to stimulate us.

    If you want a perfect example, although two completely different games, Call of Duty and Battlefield. Franchises that are the "big nasty" in the FPS market have hit the same wall WoW has, were people are just bored of the same old same old. Truly if you look at WoW closely we do pretty much the same thing every expansion. We fight a raid boss, don't stand in fire, kill some people in BGs, gear up, rinse repeat. Some people this is tedious and old.

    All in all I don't think Blizzard is stupid when it comes to doing what they're doing. Their target audience has always been the "average Joe", I mean this was the game that broke the ice for people to finally give an MMO a shot. (Trust me I played Star Wars Galaxies that game was intimating as hell in comparison to how WoW was back during Vanilla.)

  2. #602
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Hang on, a guy a couple of posts up attributes a lot of the decline to stuff being too hard. You're saying they are quitting because its become too easy?

    Seems everyone has their pet theory and its not based on the truth or logic, just their own pet peeves.
    It's a strange thing.. because people claim content to be easy.. yet fail consistently at it. Take a look at LFR, and LFG, both are really really easy.. to people who have done normal modes and heroic modes.. yet LFR seems to bring out the worst of the community, Blizzard made the game easier, and gave everyone in-game guide with everything you need to know about an encounter, yet people still can't figure out why they take damage when they stand in front of a boss and he casts a frontal cone attack.. Then you look at the other end of a spectrum.. Heroic modes are really difficult, as seen by the amount of people who have actually defeated them.

    Normal modes are still the same difficulty as they were in Wrath and Cata. Heroic modes are still the same difficulty as Wrath and Cata. All that's changed is that 2 additional modes have been introduced that are much easier.

    Another thing that seems to get at people is that everything is "hand fed" to players.. I don't really see a way of this changing.. LFR loot system doesn't discriminate, it just hands out loot if you won the internal roll. If they developed a way that players are penalised for failing at mechanics or for lack of activity then the opposite would be said, "Blizzard never gives us anything!".

    I just don't get why people are complaining if it's too easy or hard.. If it's too easy, do something harder? Try going from LRF to Flex, or Flex to Normal, or Normal to Heroic.
    If the game is too hard, try bettering yourself? Look at guides on how to play, how to spec, how to glyph, how to gem, enchant, and reforge your gear, learn your class/spec rotation, try to get gear upgrades so that your character is stronger.

  3. #603
    Brewmaster Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,476
    Each time I remember having no new gear models in S15 due to w/e reasons

    7. (World of Warcraft) Activision Blizzard $213.000.000,00 from microtransactions

    dayum life must be hard for them
    Last edited by Naztrak; 2014-02-06 at 01:53 PM.
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

  4. #604
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Each time I remember having no new gear models in S15 due to w/e reasons

    7. (World of Warcraft) Activision Blizzard $213.000.000,00 from microtransactions

    dayum life must be hard for them
    why new models for s15? would delay wod more...

  5. #605
    Brewmaster Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by DerGottLoL View Post
    why new models for s15? would delay wod more...
    I am paying my sub fee for a current content, not something I should/can buy later. Also, hireing an intern or two to make would not take much time off of WoD. This is pure laziness.
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

  6. #606
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    I am paying my sub fee for a current content, not something I should/can buy later. Also, hireing an intern or two to make would not take much time off of WoD. This is pure laziness.
    the game is not focused on PvP, more PvE, SsO is not a good raid... 50% just orgrimmar ...

    i want my content in WoD & i want WoD before summer, so fuck models on pvp gear the current pvp gear model is okay.

    just take a break for 2-3 months... like i do, i hate sso...

  7. #607
    The bottom line is, Blizzard is using WOW as a $$$ cow to fuel the development of other games. They will put just enough into WOW to keep people interested in WOW and nothing more.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-06 at 03:17 PM.

  8. #608
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    The bottom line is, Blizzard is using WOW as a $$$ cow to fuel the development of other games. They will put just enough into WOW to keep people interested in WOW and nothing more.
    go away troll/hater

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-06 at 03:17 PM.

  9. #609
    The Patient Reufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by DerGottLoL View Post
    the game is not focused on PvP, more PvE, SsO is not a good raid... 50% just orgrimmar ...

    i want my content in WoD & i want WoD before summer, so fuck models on pvp gear the current pvp gear model is okay.

    just take a break for 2-3 months... like i do, i hate sso...
    What is SsO?

  10. #610
    Quote Originally Posted by Reufio View Post
    What is SsO?
    woops i mean SoO (Siege of Orgrimmar^^)

  11. #611
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I must confess that I am still just as confused as before. I cannot think of any recent games that have been dropped or of any MMO companies that have gone bankrupt, as such this must mean that there have been no games that have died recently so, correct me if I am wrong, no game is "basically dead". I might be getting the wrong idea here but it does seem, awfully, like you apply different standards to other games than you do to WOW.
    Which is why I said "because I don't really see it as dying".
    There is almost no game that is dead, I agree on that.

    I was pointing out the people that DO have double standards.

    Oh, and what game has lost more subs than WOW?
    A net-loss? None.
    But if we look at percentages and relative numbers?
    Other MMO's lost over 60%, some went free to play and others hardly get any support nowadays.
    In my opinion they lost more than WoW, which is why I disagree when some users here claim that "they are doing a better job".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  12. #612
    The Patient Reufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by DerGottLoL View Post
    woops i mean SoO (Siege of Orgrimmar^^)
    Lol, sorry I had to do it.

  13. #613
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Common Sense Nation
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    The bottom line is, Blizzard is using WOW as a $$$ cow to fuel the development of other games. They will put just enough into WOW to keep people interested in WOW and nothing more.
    sad but very true

  14. #614
    Quote Originally Posted by DerGottLoL View Post
    go away troll/hater
    i don't think he is trolling. It seems likely that blizzard is using wow income to help the developement of other game, before they can pay for themselves.

  15. #615
    ITT: People who have absolutely ZERO idea how software development or business works.

  16. #616
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    ITT: People who have absolutely ZERO idea how software development or business works.
    if you have insights, please share them. as it stand, your post bring nothing to the discussion.

  17. #617
    Do you manage Blizzard Entertainment's budget for their projects? No, so shut the hell up.

    Every company in the history of business ALWAYS has a budget for their project. They have other things to spend their budget on rather than extra developers to TRY and speed up development because you are too impatient to wait. They are making innovative updates and many changes in WoD, they have enough money to spend on as it is, I doubt they'll dish out cash because they're concerned with your impatience.

    Unsubscribe until the expansion comes out. Everyone is doing that now and Blizzard knows it.

  18. #618
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    What's your opinion on this matter?
    That I envy you for lacking real concerns in your life.

  19. #619
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgulok View Post
    Do you manage Blizzard Entertainment's budget for their projects? No, so shut the hell up.

    Every company in the history of business ALWAYS has a budget for their project. They have other things to spend their budget on rather than extra developers to TRY and speed up development because you are too impatient to wait. They are making innovative updates and many changes in WoD, they have enough money to spend on as it is, I doubt they'll dish out cash because they're concerned with your impatience.

    Unsubscribe until the expansion comes out. Everyone is doing that now and Blizzard knows it.
    Since you're not quoting anyone, i suppose you're responding to the OP.
    It's his right to express his opinion that he doesn't the value for his money, don't think you should tell him to "shut the hell up."

    while you are right, the smart thing to do in this case is to unsub until new content is release, wouldn't it be in the interest of blizzard to release compelling content and faster to keep those subscription running instead?
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2014-02-06 at 03:14 PM.

  20. #620
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Since you're not quoting anyone, i suppose you're responding to the OP.
    It's his right to express his opinion that he doesn't the value for his money, don't think you should tell him to "shut the hell up."

    while you are right, the smart thing to do in this case is to unsub until new content is release, wouldn't it be in the interest of blizzard to release compelling content and faster to keep those subscription running instead?
    You're right! But why stop there? If we had a new 5-man every week, think how much more awesome that would be!

    By God, you're a genius. Blizzard should hire you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •