Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

A little RNG 'lol' thing that just happened

I wanted to post here just to confirm in my mind it actually happened, as I am not privvy to such luck.

My daughter dinged 90 on her druid a couple of days ago, got some warforged seals and then headed towards timeless island to kill the Celestial for the week. Well, back story, ive had 30 attempts at pve loot on them (15 kills, 15 rolls) across two characters and never got a single piece! Anyhoo, she strolls over, wraths a couple of times, kills and gets the tier legs - then uses her bonus roll and gets the bloody gloves! Just like that lol.

Unbelievable.

Any else witness such luck lately?

One of my friend, a more casual than a casual, a battle pet collector

Went to Karazhan for the battle pet master,

She then make a stop for (edit error) Attumen the Huntsman who can drop the Fiery warhorse mount...
    yeah you guess ... she never went into Karazhan, she just remember I was farming this shit each week
    and she got the horse on her first kill

And for me, well, far I can remember .... I ran this place each week for the last two years on 7 toons and latellly (last 3 months) I ran this place on 13 toons.
    Finally got the horse wednesday
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2014-01-31 at 01:56 PM.

Moroes drops the horse? All these years I've just been farming the horse and leaving....surely the horse would drop the horse mount?

Deleted
    Oh, I remember getting both tier peices for my priest alt, that I never play, on the first two kills. Main druid and warrior alt (which I did play a lot on) got jack shit, except for some PvP peices and an offspec tier item.

Deleted
    I ran week after week of flex1 SoO in addition to our normal guild raid to replace my raid finder Assurance of Consequences trinket. On our first heroic kill I got a heroic warforged one with my bonus roll . Needless to say my fellow hunters hate me now

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Moroes drops the horse? All these years I've just been farming the horse and leaving....surely the horse would drop the horse mount?
    yeah no shit, I just edit , Attumen the Huntsman

got the DK dps tier legs and used a bonus roll and got the gloves.
    My wife wasn't happy with that bit of luck.

She on the other hand is clearing SoO heroic, so she gets the better loot.

Have been lucky with alts in the fact that they get 1 tier piece pretty fast from celestials.

My wife ran heroic Sethekk halls for the Raven Lord mount for 6 or so years. Nearly every day. Never had it drop. I went in there willy nilly and it dropped for me. Fortunately for her it dropped again shortly after.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    I wanted to post here just to confirm in my mind it actually happened, as I am not privvy to such luck.

My daughter dinged 90 on her druid a couple of days ago, got some warforged seals and then headed towards timeless island to kill the Celestial for the week. Well, back story, ive had 30 attempts at pve loot on them (15 kills, 15 rolls) across two characters and never got a single piece! Anyhoo, she strolls over, wraths a couple of times, kills and gets the tier legs - then uses her bonus roll and gets the bloody gloves! Just like that lol.

Unbelievable.

I got the hunter legs on my lvl 86 hunter(alt) on my first kill there.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    My wife ran heroic Sethekk halls for the Raven Lord mount for 6 or so years. Nearly every day. Never had it drop. I went in there willy nilly and it dropped for me. Fortunately for her it dropped again shortly after.
    Don't you mean "Fortunately for me it dropped again shortly after for her"

Unbelievable.

Well, one thing that is A FACT, developers admitted it is that they had a "last item algorithm" which made that stupid last Zebra Hoof at the Barrens, in Vanilla take longer than the normal to drop.

I don't think it's unlikely they have a "RNG-Troll Algorithm" that make item drops harder for people with more game completion.
    In fact I feel this is true in my bones.

Welcome to RNG. Rolled Fiery Warhorse on the first kill, one of the first in Europe afaik. Then spen the whole god damn expansion going through Gruul's shit looking for the Dragonspine Trophy and never seen one drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I ran hSH long ago with a friend a few times, and it dropped on like our 6th or 6th time in there.

Needless to say, I won and she wasn't happy.

Also, I am SO excited for the mount/pet combo coming out. My druid(s) will have a flying mount worth using now! <3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    Welcome to RNG. Rolled Fiery Warhorse on the first kill, one of the first in Europe afaik. Then spen the whole god damn expansion going through Gruul's shit looking for the Dragonspine Trophy and never seen one drop.
    I won that on my hunter during BC in a PuG group. The other 16 dps were not happy... (even though I was BM and doing a shitton of damage over them already pfft)

Oh yeah, almost forgot,
    Took me 2 years running Karazhan for fiery warhorse on plenty of toons each week
    Took me two solo runs to get Ashes Of Alars

I went Tempest Keep on my hunter for some tier transmog, killed everything and got what I needed, didn't think more about it. Then a week after I see some strange icon in my bags.

"What is this? I don't remembe rlooting something like this..." I mouse over it and I notice I got Ashes on the first run on that char, when I didn't even care about it. It's my main mount now. Always loved it, but been faaar too lady to farm it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Think they should get rid of RNG entirely, and introduce a guaranteed drop system. Items from the loot table that do not drop get their chances to drop increased slightly until it finally drops, and gets reset back to normal % chance. Still RNG involved, but at least you don't need to farm for years. BOE items should be excluded though, or it would make many hard to earn pets and transmog items lose their value.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I got PvE gloves, didn't want them.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

My wife keeps pulling all the rare drops to her. mount, world epics, you name it.
    Stuff I've farmed for years, she gets them passing by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Think they should get rid of RNG entirely, and introduce a guaranteed drop system. Items from the loot table that do not drop get their chances to drop increased slightly until it finally drops, and gets reset back to normal % chance. Still RNG involved, but at least you don't need to farm for years. BOE items should be excluded though, or it would make many hard to earn pets and transmog items lose their value.
    no, people who don't bother farming, shouldn't get them "for sure eventually"
    I'd run out of stuff to entertain myself in record time.
    Last edited by Ghostile; 2014-01-31 at 02:43 PM.

Unbelievable.

Exactly this happened on my warrior, the first time I ever did the Celestials on her.
    Pants + Gloves 2set instantly obtained. Friend who I did it with shat himself a good 3 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    My luck was I got enhance gloves. Used a coin, got the same set of enhance gloves. I was elemental. With loot set to elemental.