Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    My alt rogue that I barely ever play got 5 unique pieces of Ordos loot in 3 weeks. My main still only has 3 after 12+ weeks of kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    my freshly dinged alt hit 90 and within 10 minutes got tier gloves off celestials

i was doing celestials every week on my main, never seen any tier.
    Hi

Deleted
    The ravenlord back in the day when you had to have a druid with you to summon it, well the druid who was doing it couldn't solo it at the time so i went with him. we 2 manned it and after about the 4th time it dropped and i won it, being the sport i was i said we'd do it together until it dropped again for him as thats fair ....................

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH i did that shit everyday for SO LONG and it never dropped again, if i'd of known what i was putting myself into i would have just passed on it.

I got Legs and Gloves at the same time too from Celestial's on my Warlock.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well back in Cata during DS, I was in a raid group with the same people 3 times that did madness and in all those 3 times the normal mount dropped every single time, and twice did the mount off of ultraxion drop. 4th time I decided to do it with them it didn't drop due to the absence of a person until the 5th time he came, it dropped again. It's like that person was some sort of luck charm or something, given the fact that the normal DW mount has a low drop rate.

Deleted
    Was soloing VoA for the mount. The last 2 bosses I killed both dropped one.

I coined the Heroic Warforged AoC trinket on my second heroic Sha kill, I was pretty happy.

Got Alysrazor (A guildy was talking about it, solo'd it, I forgot all about that mount, "Oh maybe I'll go solo it again", boom mount drops) and Thori'dal that same week too.

Have gotten loot off Celestials and Ordos on my warrior, and nothing but a single piece of PvP gear from them on my Hunter so far, and now they aren't even needed -_-

107 Rivendare kills so far...3 of the epic swords, I have both Warglaives on my Hunter too and the Black Bow still hasn't dropp.ed

My brother, who has 0 use for aesthetic things in WoW, got the sea turtle by accident in less than 1,000 fish caught.

My shadow priest that I never play has nearly every ordos drop + 2p from celestials, even though I still have a 450 blue weapon. However, my main can't get anything from it for some reason.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got around 4 warforged items on Ordos/Celestials in the first month of SoO.
    But in the last weeks, I got nothing. Or then something I already have
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

won astral cloud serpent on 4th kill

10+ Year Old Account
    Two Sha mounts within 2 weeks...

Took me an age to get the gloves for my Warlock from Celestials, but I got all the Warforged loot possible from Ordos fairly quickly.

I decided to dump my LFR set pieces for the Warforged stuff.

I now sit at 559 ilvl without having stepped in Normal SoO - lowest pieces are x2 rings x1 boots which are upgraded Timeless items (543 ilvl).

I really want to go into Normal SoO

Got tier legs + gloves at MoP launch from Sha before I was even level 90, lol. Killed it at 87.

15+ Year Old Account
    My partner has been farming Stratholme obsessively for years for the mount, her friend started playing a few months ago and got the mount on her first run there ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    I now sit at 559 ilvl without having stepped in Normal SoO - lowest pieces are x2 rings x1 boots which are upgraded Timeless items (543 ilvl).

I really want to go into Normal SoO
    I was quite happy with my 553 iLevel pre-normal, finally got my first normal kills this week (including Garrosh) and now at 555.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    In one week I:

coined Heroic Immerseus, got Heroic Warforged PBoI
    coined Heroic Iron Juggernaut, got Heroic Warforged legs
    coined Heroic Nazgrim, got Heroic Warforged sword

Then another week:

coined Heroic Immerseus, got Heroic Warforged helm
    coined Heroic Nazgrim, got Heroic Warforged shoulders
    coined Heroic Thok, got heroic ring

I also coined on another week a Heroic Warforged ring from Protectors.

...and that's the story of how I became one of the most geared mages in the world despite being in a mediocre guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens. I'd rather play my less than 3-week old warlock right now but the raid group I've just started in is pretty adamant that I stay with my resto druid. My druid has gotten resto 2-set from Celestials, the same pair of boomie legs from Celestials twice, and a pair of guardian legs from Celestials but other than that cannot seem to get anything to drop, anywhere. Even in raid. >.>

My warlock though...first week at 90 got Celestial legs and legs from Ordos. Second week at 90 got shoulders and a neck from Ordos. Third week at 90 got bracers and a belt from Ordos. That's along with LFR versions of a shiny new weapon and two of the best trinkets I could get for a caster within the first two lockouts. I don't even have enough valor to upgrade all the gear I've gotten for her yet. The toon is more geared than my "main".

Your luck, my friend, use to be my luck until yesterday. Then for some reason I had your daughters luck yesterday, log on and get the Ordos helm I've been grinding away at for....well since SoO came out, ran SoO landed shoulder piece and ring I've needed and then yesterday to top it off I finally got the damn OH glaive after 57 BT runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Well, one thing that is A FACT, developers admitted it is that they had a "last item algorithm" which made that stupid last Zebra Hoof at the Barrens, in Vanilla take longer than the normal to drop.

I don't think it's unlikely they have a "RNG-Troll Algorithm" that make item drops harder for people with more game completion.
    In fact I feel this is true in my bones.
    I suspect there's a "frequency played algorithm" that rewards returning players, unplayed alts, and players/characters who simply raid less frequently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    I suspect there's a "frequency played algorithm" that rewards returning players, unplayed alts, and players/characters who simply raid less frequently.
    Yes.

I used a free week's worth of play time for DS LFR (I had quit after we cleared 1st tier of Cata, did not resub until a month or so into MoP) and got a full set of gear for my Warlock... even with the shocking loot system back then (my role bonus was high every roll).