Will this upgrade do anything for me?

My current system:

Athlon II x4 630
    4GB DDR3-1333 (CAS 9)
    ATI 7770 GHZ

What I want to upgrade to:

Phenom II X2 B55
    * It's an OEM tray processor, it's 3.0 GHZ and basically the same as the 555 outside of the .2 frequency difference

The situation:

I got this PC from a friend of mine, it's a basic HP desktop that he had laying around unused. I did not clean install WoW on this, just copied it from an external drive on a fresh Windows 7 installation. There isn't any bloatware or any other nonsense on it, just a basic setup. I had pretty horrible FPS on it for the past few months up until I recently deleted the cache folder and disabled Recount. I went from around 30 FPS in raids with basically no settings turned on to 40+ with mostly everything set to good or high minus SSAO and shadows. I found the Phenom II X2 online, brand new, for $45 bucks and figured that it wouldn't be an awful investment.

However, looking at benchmarks it appears that it's not that big of an upgrade. I'm not looking to extend the life of this for years and years, but just allow me to hold onto the PC for 6 or so months until WoD at which point I will fully upgrade everything. My budget currently doesn't allow me to splurge on a whole new setup so I figured this could at least let me continue raiding without any problems. Good idea? Keep in mind it's only $45 bucks as that's the only reason I am considering it myself.

Also, side note I don't use the PC for anything else so I don't care about going from four cores to two.

Thanks

No, it won't. It's not worth spending money to try to upgrade that system, it'd be better to just save up your money and build a brand new low-budget build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why you don't want to go down on graphic settings instead of wasting money ?
    PM me weird stuff :3