Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #321
    Mechagnome Xe4ro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecqc View Post
    Um just one question what the hell does Informations mean?
    I guess the op's native tounge is not english. its a common mistake.
    Druid since Feb. 06

  2. #322
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheedi View Post
    - Hearthstone release date: 15 april Probably True
    - Warlords of Draenor release date: 24 june Probably True
    - Heroes of the Storm wont be released this year Probably True
    - The Dark Below is still the name of the project name Titan (99% False) and the team grew 50%
    - The Warlords of Draenor Cinematic Trailer is 70 % finished. It will be released 2 months before the release Probably True
    - The Cinematic Team is also working on the SC2 LotV Cinematic Trailer. The plan is that it will be shown at BlizzCon 2014 Probably True
    - The first Warcraft Movie Trailer will be shown a half year before the release, NOT at BlizzCon 2014 Probably True; it's Hollywood after all
    - Informations about The Dark Below wont be revealed at BlizzCon 2014 99% True because it isn't called that. 100% True if you're talking about the project once leaked as 'Titan'.
    - The Team is thinking about to cancel BlizzCon 2014 Probably True - it's a heavy release year
    - A new game is in development 100% True (we knew this a long time ago, ever since listings for 'Unnamed Project' came up)
    - Warcraft IV is not planned 100% True - "Team 1" (which does RTSes) is already working on two games at once (which is very abnormal for Blizzard) and people think they'd start WC4 and divide the team's time even more?
    - The StarCraft Team are thinking about StarCraft: Ghosts
    - Two new Diablo III expansions are in development Probably False unless you're including RoS as one of those expansions
    - Two new World of Warcraft expansions are in development Well, kind of. They plan 2 expansions out at all times, so yes, I guess.
    - A Hearthstone expansion is in development. It wont be a Diablo or StarCraft edition Probably True
    - The Team wants to launch expansions faster but it is still a problem because there arent enough good developers who applied at Blizzard Entertainment Probably True
    - Soon you will get more informations about the new character models. 50% of them are done right now.
    - New models for worgen and goblins are planned with the 6th expansion. Photoshops of them are already done but it takes a long time to get them into life
    - The Diablo III Team didnt grow. (100% False; you have no idea) 40% of the StarCraft Team are now in the HotS Team thats why LotV takes a long time (False/True simultaneously - you don't know what's going on properly. There are no two separate teams for SC2 and Heroes (so that part is false); that's the problem. "Team 1" is doing SC2 and Heroes simultaneously now, so it is true that LotV is taking longer due to Heroes.)
    - The new Lead Designer will be.... you will hear it in february.

    Source:
    Versailles Office
    The problem with leaks is that even if 95% of this is real, I know for absolute fact that a few parts are false. It's the silly stuff that tripped you up, like the size of the D3 team.
    Last edited by Simca; 2014-02-02 at 07:36 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The problem with leaks is that even if 95% of this is real, including the fake shit that somebody like me would know is false just ruins the authenticity of everything you say. If you think that the D3 team didn't grow significantly since launch, then you really don't have any insight into Blizzard after all.
    ...Why would a dev team increase after the game is done? Why would a team grow for a smaller scale expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    nop , I leave WoW 4 years ago. all should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    But yeah... Emerald Dream. There's a reason why I'm persistent. Orc created Emerald Dream all the way baaaabyyyyy!

  4. #324
    Brewmaster Ceethemage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texarkana, Texas
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    ...Why would a dev team increase after the game is done? Why would a team grow for a smaller scale expansion?
    I read this and the thing that keeps popping into my mind is

    "99 little bugs in the code 99 little bugs in the code Take one down, patch it around 117 little bugs in the code"

  5. #325
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,338
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    ...Why would a dev team increase after the game is done? Why would a team grow for a smaller scale expansion?
    Console release required console-specific developers to be brought on board + expansion overhauled the majority of the game's systems.

    The D3 team went from like ~80-90 people to over 100 in the year following its release.

    The only way the OP would be correct is if they scaled down the D3 again very recently (my knowledge is half a year old) and he didn't know about the period with an increase in development.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  6. #326
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    22,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    I read this and the thing that keeps popping into my mind is

    "99 little bugs in the code 99 little bugs in the code Take one down, patch it around 117 little bugs in the code"
    Bugs...why did it have to be...bugs!
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The problem with leaks is that even if 95% of this is real, I know for absolute fact that a few parts are false. It's the silly stuff that tripped you up, like the size of the D3 team.
    Why are thread with false leeks kept opened for so long?

  8. #328
    Brewmaster Ceethemage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texarkana, Texas
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Bugs...why did it have to be...bugs!
    I've said that a few times in AQ and in Silithus.

  9. #329
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Why are thread with false leeks kept opened for so long?
    Because some people assume that the state of a thread being open/closed validates or invalidates a leak, so people can say "Boubouille said X" when mods lock a thread.

    Since that happened in the past, we now only lock threads if they're super obviously false, and I can't prove that the entirety of this is false, just small pieces, so it will stay open.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    I read this and the thing that keeps popping into my mind is

    "99 little bugs in the code 99 little bugs in the code Take one down, patch it around 117 little bugs in the code"
    I guess they must've put all the artists on the engineering team then, makes sense right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    nop , I leave WoW 4 years ago. all should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    But yeah... Emerald Dream. There's a reason why I'm persistent. Orc created Emerald Dream all the way baaaabyyyyy!

  11. #331
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Here, There and Everywhere
    Posts
    2,614
    Always nice with some info, if only to speculate.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  12. #332
    Brewmaster Ceethemage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texarkana, Texas
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    I guess they must've put all the artists on the engineering team then, makes sense right?
    There are multiple parts of a development team and coding is part of it not just artists. A team won't downsize because the game is out of development, even when a game is published there is still a LOT of bugs. You implement a patch to fix bugs more bugs show up from patching. I honestly don't think the team has downsized especially since they have a new expansion coming out. A expansion causes more bugs and as soon as it launches there will be a TON of bugs that needs to be fixed that they may or may not expect. NOT only on PC's but on consoles each of which requires a team to patch.

    Further more expansions also have patches that require artists when adding new content. Those same artists could also be working on another expansion out.
    Last edited by Ceethemage; 2014-02-02 at 08:03 PM.

  13. #333
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Why are thread with false leeks kept opened for so long?
    Damn those generic field onions posing as the much finer forms of Allium Amaryllidacae Alliodae. Moderators must stop this onion disaster! (PS, not making fun of the poster...just providing a culinary chuckle). In all reality, like Sim said, moderator action on these threads communicates a message through the Tin Foil Network and it creates a much larger problem than one contained thread. Unless they have verified information either way, they typically let them be.
    BAD WOLF

  14. #334
    - The Team wants to launch expansions faster but it is still a problem because there arent enough good developers who applied at Blizzard Entertainment
    well...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/127...iring-2-3-2014

  15. #335
    I love it when such threads pop up, so much fun to read that leaked stuff even if it's probably just fake

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheedi View Post
    - The Dark Below is still the name of the project name Titan and the team grew 50%
    - New models for worgen and goblins are planned with the 6th expansion. Photoshops of them are already done but it takes a long time to get them into life
    These two sound highly suspect, the rest are reasonable. So maybe some of this is an actual leak, or just educated guesswork.

    P.S. Does anyone else think it's utterly insane how much time it's taking them to release SC2 expansions? It's the same damn engine! It's the same game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Blizzard is always hiring. Thats nothing new.

  18. #338
    Bloodsail Admiral Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    A profile with four posts giving information about WoD release date. I don't believe you.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    A profile with four posts giving information about WoD release date. I don't believe you.
    Remember this guy?

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-happens-next

    Count dem posts
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Except those release dates were never released by Blizzard. Blizzard's stance in the past was that games would not be released until they were ready, and as far as I know that hasn't changed.
    And that conflicts with having Target Release dates how? You do realize you don't go Gold with a game overnight, right? Just because Blizzard doesn't give us specific dates/quarters until they're sure they're ready (minus TBC) doesn't mean they don't plan ahead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •