Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It all seemed pretty reasonable, and along the lines of my own suspicions. I don't think it's that close though.

I think the WoD release date is probably really close to correct.

But they said AT blizzcon this year that they would have one next year, doesn't mean they couldn't cancel it, but I think people underestimate how much time and energy goes into Blizzcon, if it's getting canceled they know already, because if it's not at least the pre planning has already started.

I also don't see HotS being delayed til 2015 as we knew about it long before we knew about Hearthstone, and while they are very different games in terms of development requirements, we're talking like a full year before Hearthstone, so it's likely really close to at least a closed beta already. Knowing Blizzard though Beta will last a long time.

The rest I don't particularly care that much about though.

Things sound plausible and last weekend Blizzard invited some fansites and streamers so there was actually an event where some people got new information and as some streamers said it was pretty big info and they're bound to an NDA.

No Blizzcon 2014 would also make sense if they can't finish HotS (Heroes of the Storm) or the next Starcraft expansion for next year. Apart from these two games everything else is covered so that there's no other info to show on Blizzcon and Blizzard already skipped one year because they had nothing to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Taken from -snip-

The more you know...
    Semantics. When people say "alpha" what they mean is any build prior to beta builds and the "f&f first dibs period" was letting them at the front of the line for the beta. It's like calling a pre-screening of a movie a pre-production showcase.
    Gone until the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    Canceling Blizzcon on wow 10th year anniversary...

Seems legit.
    But what news is there to break at it ? It's Blizzcon, not WoWcon.

I'm not saying it's certain either way, but it's a gamble whether the 10th anniversary WoW party it would be would outweigh the lack of new information

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Things sound plausible and last weekend Blizzard invited some fansites and streamers so there was actually an event where some people got new information and as some streamers said it was pretty big info and they're bound to an NDA.

No Blizzcon 2014 would also make sense if they can't finish HotS (Heroes of the Storm) or the next Starcraft expansion for next year. Apart from these two games everything else is covered so that there's no other info to show on Blizzcon and Blizzard already skipped one year because they had nothing to show.
    This is the first I've heard of this... was it specifically WoW streamers, or?

(Just curious if it was related to these Twitch Blizzard Streamer awards of if it was Warcraft streamers and fansites.)

If Beta starts in a little more than three weeks, shouldn't there be a big info dump/press release scheduled in the next two weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    So you are going to throw definitions at me? Even though these definitions are not final and even says "often" implying that it isn't always what that website says.

Friends and families got to test the same version of the game as the AP users got to test, except that Friends and Families got access a bit earlier. It was the same version of the game, so it wasn't a different internal test, it wasn't a different test even. It was the same beta test but they just got the privilege to test it early because they know someone that works at Blizzard.

Kinds funny that you highlighted "off-the-shelf software" like it was an key word here, it really wasn't.

Besides, that site does not have the authority to decide what words mean. For example, that site says that Alpha testing is only done at the developers' site, but the F&F Alpha testers does not need to go to a blizzard headquarters.

That site is mainly for companies that hire beta and alpha testers to developers, when the alpha tests are super secret and you need to be at the developers' HQ to test it.

The more you know...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sheedi View Post
    - The Cinematic Team is also working on the SC2 LotV Cinematic Trailer. The plan is that it will be shown at BlizzCon 2014
    - The Team is thinking about to cancel BlizzCon 2014
    If you want to come up with believable leaks you shouldn't contradict yourself.

Made by Resentful

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Beta starts in a little more than three weeks, shouldn't there be a big info dump/press release scheduled in the next two weeks?
    No, last beta they unexpectedly with no warning said: "in 48 hours beta starts".

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    No, last beta they unexpectedly with no warning said: "in 48 hours beta starts".
    Yeah, Celestalon said this on Twitter yesterday:
    "For a beta? No, we likely won't give a ton of notice for beta starting. That's fine though, we don't need to."
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...34781670526976

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    So you are going to throw definitions at me? Even though these definitions are not final and even says "often" implying that it isn't always what that website says.

Friends and families got to test the same version of the game as the AP users got to test, except that Friends and Families got access a bit earlier. It was the same version of the game, so it wasn't a different internal test, it wasn't a different test even. It was the same beta test but they just got the privilege to test it early because they know someone that works at Blizzard.

Kinds funny that you highlighted "off-the-shelf software" like it was an key word here, it really wasn't.

Besides, that site does not have the authority to decide what words mean. For example, that site says that Alpha testing is only done at the developers' site, but the F&F Alpha testers does not need to go to a blizzard headquarters.

That site is mainly for companies that hire beta and alpha testers to developers, when the alpha tests are super secret and you need to be at the developers' HQ to test it.

The more you know...

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to come up with believable leaks you shouldn't contradict yourself.
    2 things: 1. That's not contradicting themselves. They are "thinking" to cancel Blizzcon, its not guaranteed. And the plan is to have the cinematic at Blizzcon, also not guaranteed.

2. The leak which was right on WoD, also mentioned Dark Below. So not all info must be correct for some to be.

Not saying I believe the leak, just that those 2 lines don't exclude it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    2 things: 1. That's not contradicting themselves. They are "thinking" to cancel Blizzcon, its not guaranteed. And the plan is to have the cinematic at Blizzcon, also not guaranteed.

2. The leak which was right on WoD, also mentioned Dark Below. So not all info must be correct for some to be.

Not saying I believe the leak, just that those 2 lines don't exclude it.
    I'm also gonna write a leak where most of my lines are "They are thinking about doing this" and "They are thinking about doing the opposite".
    Which means that some of my information is correct.

Made by Resentful

I'm also gonna write a leak where most of my lines are "They are thinking about doing this" and "They are thinking about doing the opposite".
    Which means that some of my information is correct.
    Yes but there are also specific dates on some stuff that no excuses can be made for.

I personally don't believe the leak and just believe that its educated guessing, but for much of the stuff its not written ambiguous. Its very exact.

Soooooo they have millions of plans for the next blizzcon but they are thinking about cancelling it ? makes perfect sense /s

I hope this is enough salt.

I hope that the points about new info soon would be true, though.
    3DS FC: 3797-6941-2837
    Member of the Elite Four in the MMO-Champion Pokémon League.

My deviantART | My comics

Quote Originally Posted by Therealmagoo View Post
    Soooooo they have millions of plans for the next blizzcon but they are thinking about cancelling it ? makes perfect sense /s
    Considering they cancelled last years Blizzcon, I don't see this as that far-fetched. If Blizzcon is on, they'll show them at Blizzcon. If it isn't, they'll release them through other avenues.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Considering they cancelled last years Blizzcon, I don't see this as that far-fetched. If Blizzcon is on, they'll show them at Blizzcon. If it isn't, they'll release them through other avenues.
    Eh, I watched last years blizzcon through live stream, I even got a companion pet in wow as a gift for it. So no, it was not cancelled.

Made by Resentful

Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    Canceling Blizzcon on wow 10th year anniversary...

Seems legit.
    Do you know how much money they would need to spend for such a special occasion? Do you know how much money they already lose by hosting the con in the first place? Yeah...I don't expect them to have one in a year where they will have just released 2 large expansions, have no plans for release other than Heroes (if it isn't out by that time), and would have to go over the top due to the anniversary.

Seems financially irresponsible to hold a Blizzcon in 2014.
    BAD WOLF

Eh, I watched last years blizzcon through live stream, I even got a companion pet in wow as a gift for it. So no, it was not cancelled.
    Sorry, I meant 2012's. Not used to thinking of it as 2014.

Sounds very legit, no info on beta though sadly I guess if it comes out 24th june, gives timeframe somewhat at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Sounds very legit, no info on beta though sadly I guess if it comes out 24th june, gives timeframe somewhat at least.
    Keep in mind, there's been some rumors floating around that Blizzard is aiming for a shorter beta than their usual 5ish months. I'll see if I can find a source.
    Last edited by Chrysia; 2014-01-31 at 11:39 PM.