Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Oh please, Warcraft isn't the only franchise that has done a alternate universe before. At least give it a try before we decide "NO MORE!" Calling it a junkyard doesn't help either.
    Perhaps I should give it a try, but I can't deny the feeling that they will go down the path of Legion 2.0.
    Calling it a junkyard what probably not the right way, but you have to admit that the story isn't what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayelie View Post

Won't call it busted or confirmed til the time comes.
    Post of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Perhaps I should give it a try, but I can't deny the feeling that they will go down the path of Legion 2.0.
    Calling it a junkyard what probably not the right way, but you have to admit that the story isn't what it used to be.
    Obviously it's not. Things have changed since Wrath.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Id say its on right now.NDA and stuff.
    I doubt that. Blizzard Alphas are usually under NDA but the fact that a game is in alpha usually isn't. I can't think of a single F&F Alpha for Blizzard that we didn't know was occurring, even if the content itself was protected. I'm pretty confident that if Warlords was in F&F Alpha right now we would know about it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    i find it logical tbh, due to lack of actual stuff to show etc
    We don't know that. They could, for all we know, be teasing another expansion since they said they 'are' working on these a lot faster.

seeing how the past few leaks that were somewhat believable mets mass cries of fake and ended up not being fake...hard to tell..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Not so sure. It takes a special kind of artist to get on that team, look at the student design contests. It's not easy for a lot of artists to adopt a style not their own, as well as have the right personality, as well as wanting to relocate barring freelance commissions which isn't good for a dev team member, and that style has a lot of things they look for. Making simplified minimalist structures and intentionally low resolution textures work and look good isn't something you can easily find in just any industry standard artist. But I still have some skepticism on that claim myself.
    I'm graduating this year from a 3 year long formation in 3D animation (seeing everything from concept to animation) and I can tell you that the market is currently overly saturated in artists. While I understand that a huge part is made of under-average artists, a lot of them could actually work at Blizzard. However, there's a maximum amount of employee you can have at any given time and pushing it to do things faster usually end up doing the contrary. It's just too much management.

You realize this goes inline with some of the statements they said about hiring more devs right?
    This was for the characters and not the environment/assets. They are not currently hiring environment artists (unless you're one in a thousand, in which case they might check your portfolio). And you guessed it, the long part isn't the characters but the environment, as they could've shipped the expansion without the new models.

Beside, most of what has been posted are things we already knew or highly plausible. It's generalities that makes people believe it, like pretty much every other "leaks". I also highly doubt that an account with 4 posts is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt it change back in Cataclysm? I remember the FFA came out for Cata and MMO had a ton of pictures up and they were forced to take them down or was that WOTLK?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    Didnt it change back in Cataclysm? I remember the FFA came out for Cata and MMO had a ton of pictures up and they were forced to take them down or was that WOTLK?
    I believe he's referring to the story quality of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    I don't think there is a mountain of salt big enough...

,or they are completely mental, like Blizz thinking of cancelling Blizzcon.
    Because they never did that, and it wouldn't be cancelled it just wouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I also highly doubt that an account with 4 posts is true.
    I believe the WoD leak was under similar circumstances. Not saying this one is true, personally I think it's someone making really good educated guesses and hoping they score, but the circumstances don't rule it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I believe he's referring to the story quality of WoW.
    I see that now, my page glitched and it looked like he was talking about things changing about the NDA's.

I'd like to see all of this true. It makes sense that they might cancel Blizzcon. Such a big year for them, and Blizzcon is a pain to put on, and usually not worth the money (from what I have gathered and am partially making up from my own imagination).

But it'd be nice to have the expansion earlyish summer so that we can have a break from the frickin hot sun outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I doubt that. Blizzard Alphas are usually under NDA but the fact that a game is in alpha usually isn't. I can't think of a single F&F Alpha for Blizzard that we didn't know was occurring, even if the content itself was protected. I'm pretty confident that if Warlords was in F&F Alpha right now we would know about it.
    and this is exactly why the date of the OP is completly made up. IF the f&f alpha would already been running enough info that it is in this stage would be flying around the net. Also the june date is not possible, if it weren't for the new pvp seaon that is coming, but hasn't been a closing of the old season (give 20 weeks season, 2-3 weeks pre season, 3-4 weeks post season, gives us 26 weeks roughly, when it would be announced next week). add that together and we reach middle of july at the earliest and they won't release in the middle of summer, if OP would have caleld september it would lend some valid info in it

I'd rather be sceptical now and call it fake, rather than get hyped and then be disappointed later.

Deleted
    But other than gameplay, which changes with the audience, story isn't demanding.
    How many people wanted Pandaria, or Deathwing as a main villain. Probably a few, but they could've changed that few into a bunch if the story had been properly executed, especially since story-telling has become easier since Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    I meant the lore, sorry >_<
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If it's fake, it's a good one as 95% of it is corporate-based, not fanboy-based like saying "Garrosh will kill Vol'jin in the second patch" or some such nonsense.

Also helps me believe it as I called the release date to be mid-late June based on quarter end (just like mop), but that's a bit biased on my part :P

Deleted
    ok, most of it sounds pretty likely, and stuff that could be guessed/assumed pretty acurately.

apart from the titan/dark below thing, with project titan being scrapped and restarted recently it would seem odd to trademark it so soon since its likely years out.

also, i think the versailes office is where the WoD leak came from, so its not the worst source.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant the lore, sorry >_<
    It was my bad my page glitched sorry. It had your post into another post.