Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Beta starts in a little more than three weeks, shouldn't there be a big info dump/press release scheduled in the next two weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    So you are going to throw definitions at me? Even though these definitions are not final and even says "often" implying that it isn't always what that website says.

Friends and families got to test the same version of the game as the AP users got to test, except that Friends and Families got access a bit earlier. It was the same version of the game, so it wasn't a different internal test, it wasn't a different test even. It was the same beta test but they just got the privilege to test it early because they know someone that works at Blizzard.

Kinds funny that you highlighted "off-the-shelf software" like it was an key word here, it really wasn't.

Besides, that site does not have the authority to decide what words mean. For example, that site says that Alpha testing is only done at the developers' site, but the F&F Alpha testers does not need to go to a blizzard headquarters.

That site is mainly for companies that hire beta and alpha testers to developers, when the alpha tests are super secret and you need to be at the developers' HQ to test it.

The more you know...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sheedi View Post
    - The Cinematic Team is also working on the SC2 LotV Cinematic Trailer. The plan is that it will be shown at BlizzCon 2014
    - The Team is thinking about to cancel BlizzCon 2014
    If you want to come up with believable leaks you shouldn't contradict yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Beta starts in a little more than three weeks, shouldn't there be a big info dump/press release scheduled in the next two weeks?
    No, last beta they unexpectedly with no warning said: "in 48 hours beta starts".

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    No, last beta they unexpectedly with no warning said: "in 48 hours beta starts".
    Yeah, Celestalon said this on Twitter yesterday:
    "For a beta? No, we likely won't give a ton of notice for beta starting. That's fine though, we don't need to."
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...34781670526976

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    So you are going to throw definitions at me? Even though these definitions are not final and even says "often" implying that it isn't always what that website says.

Friends and families got to test the same version of the game as the AP users got to test, except that Friends and Families got access a bit earlier. It was the same version of the game, so it wasn't a different internal test, it wasn't a different test even. It was the same beta test but they just got the privilege to test it early because they know someone that works at Blizzard.

Kinds funny that you highlighted "off-the-shelf software" like it was an key word here, it really wasn't.

Besides, that site does not have the authority to decide what words mean. For example, that site says that Alpha testing is only done at the developers' site, but the F&F Alpha testers does not need to go to a blizzard headquarters.

That site is mainly for companies that hire beta and alpha testers to developers, when the alpha tests are super secret and you need to be at the developers' HQ to test it.

The more you know...

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to come up with believable leaks you shouldn't contradict yourself.
    2 things: 1. That's not contradicting themselves. They are "thinking" to cancel Blizzcon, its not guaranteed. And the plan is to have the cinematic at Blizzcon, also not guaranteed.

2. The leak which was right on WoD, also mentioned Dark Below. So not all info must be correct for some to be.

Not saying I believe the leak, just that those 2 lines don't exclude it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    2 things: 1. That's not contradicting themselves. They are "thinking" to cancel Blizzcon, its not guaranteed. And the plan is to have the cinematic at Blizzcon, also not guaranteed.

2. The leak which was right on WoD, also mentioned Dark Below. So not all info must be correct for some to be.

Not saying I believe the leak, just that those 2 lines don't exclude it.
    I'm also gonna write a leak where most of my lines are "They are thinking about doing this" and "They are thinking about doing the opposite".
    Which means that some of my information is correct.

I'm also gonna write a leak where most of my lines are "They are thinking about doing this" and "They are thinking about doing the opposite".
    Which means that some of my information is correct.
    Yes but there are also specific dates on some stuff that no excuses can be made for.

I personally don't believe the leak and just believe that its educated guessing, but for much of the stuff its not written ambiguous. Its very exact.

Soooooo they have millions of plans for the next blizzcon but they are thinking about cancelling it ? makes perfect sense /s

I hope this is enough salt.

I hope that the points about new info soon would be true, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Therealmagoo View Post
    Soooooo they have millions of plans for the next blizzcon but they are thinking about cancelling it ? makes perfect sense /s
    Considering they cancelled last years Blizzcon, I don't see this as that far-fetched. If Blizzcon is on, they'll show them at Blizzcon. If it isn't, they'll release them through other avenues.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Considering they cancelled last years Blizzcon, I don't see this as that far-fetched. If Blizzcon is on, they'll show them at Blizzcon. If it isn't, they'll release them through other avenues.
    Eh, I watched last years blizzcon through live stream, I even got a companion pet in wow as a gift for it. So no, it was not cancelled.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    Canceling Blizzcon on wow 10th year anniversary...

Seems legit.
    Do you know how much money they would need to spend for such a special occasion? Do you know how much money they already lose by hosting the con in the first place? Yeah...I don't expect them to have one in a year where they will have just released 2 large expansions, have no plans for release other than Heroes (if it isn't out by that time), and would have to go over the top due to the anniversary.

Seems financially irresponsible to hold a Blizzcon in 2014.
    BAD WOLF

Eh, I watched last years blizzcon through live stream, I even got a companion pet in wow as a gift for it. So no, it was not cancelled.
    Sorry, I meant 2012's. Not used to thinking of it as 2014.

Sounds very legit, no info on beta though sadly I guess if it comes out 24th june, gives timeframe somewhat at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Sounds very legit, no info on beta though sadly I guess if it comes out 24th june, gives timeframe somewhat at least.
    Keep in mind, there's been some rumors floating around that Blizzard is aiming for a shorter beta than their usual 5ish months. I'll see if I can find a source.
    Last edited by Chrysia; 2014-01-31 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Do you know how much money they would need to spend for such a special occasion? Do you know how much money they already lose by hosting the con in the first place? Yeah...I don't expect them to have one in a year where they will have just released 2 large expansions, have no plans for release other than Heroes (if it isn't out by that time), and would have to go over the top due to the anniversary.

Seems financially irresponsible to hold a Blizzcon in 2014.
    Maybe, but it'd also be a great opportunity to just have a huge '20 years of Warcraft/10 years of WoW' event, and perhaps even tease for the next expac after Warlords of Draenor (after all, remember, they're trying to deliver content fast enough for one expac a year), plans for the Diablo and Starcraft franchises going forward, all that good stuff. A 20-year milestone for a franchise as big as Warcraft is a big deal, I don't see them cancelling Blizzcon 2014 and miss a golden opportunity for a big blowout like that.

Financially irresponsible? Sure, but Blizzcon is always a money-burner for the company. It's not about making something to profit off of with Blizzcon, it's about giving the fans one hell of a party while giving tons of insight into the franchises' development, lore, and future.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Some of that information seems legit or common sense, some is interesting, and some things -- like the stuff about Dark Below being Titan -- seem like BS to me.

Time will tell, I guess.
    That's how I feel. Some things make sense, some things don't.

Assuming this is true, and Warlords releases on June 24th, why are they thinking about cancelling Blizzcon?

If they cancel BC2014, they would "have" to announce the next expansion at Blizzcon 2015, at which point Warlords would already be 17 months old- giving them only 4-5 months to announce, test, and launch the following expansion. I suppose they could do it, but... seems like a stretch to me. If Warlords comes out June 24th, it'll be almost 8 months between announcement and release, and previous expansions have been announced 11-15 months in advance.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing if any of this is true. Not getting my hopes up tho .

Deleted
    You mean the first expansion for the game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft wont be Starcraft or Diablo related? Tough call, dude.

Hm.... seems legit. But I still don't believe The Dark Below is actually Titan.
    The Hearthstone and WoD release dates look true, though.